ScooterCommunity

Scooter
Community

in

Life! According to Dak

Is it just me?

Or are blinkers on cars getting harder to see (the cars that use them that is).

I have just noticed recently that new cars seem to have blinkers that are almost invisible.  They sit more to the side rather than the back of the vehicle. What use is that to me, when I cannot predict what the stupid car in front of me is intending to do?  I do not trust blinkers to start with, but at least if you can see one being used, you have a fair idea of what the car is about to do, better than them not using the blinkers.

Just as a side note to today's rambling's.

Gotta love that Stebel.  I was turning into a corner yesterday, 2 kids, about 15 years old, were walking along the street, paying no attention to anyone at all, and as I turned into the corner, I could have easily have hit one of them if I was a car.  So onto the horn I go, they jumped, and promptly moved.  I also yelled "get off the road" at them, but the Stebel said more than my yelling :)  Ahhh gotta love it.

Comments

E2W said:

Did you know that taxi drivers in Melbourne actually remove the bulbs from their indicators just incase they forget that there a taxi driver and indicate to tell other road users which direction there about to head in. :-)

March 26, 2009 2:51 PM

Dakoda said:

I also believe that cars headlights should be hardwired on, like we have to be with the bikes :)

March 26, 2009 3:04 PM

Daelim One said:

Sydney - Indicator use by road users is obviously optional.  Makes you wonder whats going on with the RTA, driving schools AND parents.

No idea about cars, never owned one.

No humans look whilst crossing the road anymore.  They have Ipod or whatever.  Some idiot riders use them too and wear shorts.  I could go on.

2 rules for survival in Sydney: Expect the unexpected and treat everyone as an utter goober moran.

March 26, 2009 3:20 PM

Dakoda said:

It's not just Sydney, it is here in Brisbane as well.  The aggrivation that is coming from the cagers is getting worse and worse, and the sad part is that I sometimes see my self getting agro with the cars, I do a lot of yelling in my helmet!  But as per my story the other day where a car nearly took me out, well can you blame me?

And what is with poeple wearing ipods in cars?  Dont they come with radios and cd players anymore?

March 26, 2009 3:57 PM

Hardley Viragoson said:

Yeh I don't get it. I learnt to use indicators when I learnt to drive, it's habit, sometimes I even indicate in shopping centre car parks just cause it is habit. When do these people unlearn how to drive, do they do  course for that?

April 27, 2009 12:35 AM

Dakoda said:

I have realised over the weekend, that women dont use indicators, and men are the Pre-mature .... of the indicating world., when merging, and changing lanes. They give you 2 blinks, before moving, then turn them off, and move into the lane.  The indicating is all over and done with before you can blink an eyelid!

April 27, 2009 8:41 AM

Tony M said:

I find the indicators on newer cars harder to see. You know the ones with the clear lenses overthem. Especially on a bright sunny day I find it hard to see them flashing

April 26, 2010 10:26 PM