ScooterCommunity

Community

in

This Blog

Syndication

Life! According to Dak

The New Era Has Begun

The decision has been made, and now Armani is up for sale, time to move on.

He is currently at his original home of Scooter HQ, looking all flashy and sexy on their floor.  If anyone is interested in a look, test ride, or purchase, please contact Brendon on 07 5532 1928 or flick him a email at info@scooterhq.com.au all enquiries etc are now being done via the shop.  I would love to see him go to a great home, and someone who will love him as much as I did.  He is one amazing scooter, and will be missed, but the time has come to move on.  I would love to keep him in my garage as part of my Aprilia/Derbi stable, but it is just not practical for me to do so, and he has to be set free :)

What will be his replacement????  Well it is no surprise it is going to be a Scarabeo.  The debate is out as to what size, and I think you are all going to be a little surprised by my decision.  The reason I have not announced what I am getting yet, as nothing is 100% sure until the day Armani gets sold, and I lay the money down towards the new scoot.  As a woman, I have the right to change my mind, and this has been done many times in the past few weeks.

Stay Tuned ..............

Comments

hondatodaydemon said:

I'll give you $1000 cash for it and promise to give it a goo home.

May 2, 2009 11:46 AM

Dakoda said:

I did say all offers considered, so after careful consideration, I have to say NO!  Sorry, I dont care how good a home you are giving him, he is worth more than that.  Nice try though!  And I love how your offer has now halved since last time!

May 2, 2009 12:09 PM

hondatodaydemon said:

Cant hurt being cheeky! Good luck....,and no, im definetely not jewish. hi hi hi

May 2, 2009 12:47 PM

Dakoda said:

Cheeky is okay!  In fact I like cheeky!

May 2, 2009 1:34 PM

hondatodaydemon said:

gee i hope you are not getting frissky now! lol..

May 2, 2009 8:18 PM

SteelMoon said:

wow ,good too see you moving up to new scooter when you have decided . cheers.

May 3, 2009 4:54 AM

Dakoda said:

I didn't expect to be moving on again after just 7 months, but the Sportcity has helped me develop as a rider, in a very quick fashion.  No one saw this coming.  Just goes to show what a good scooter can do for ones riding, and confidence as a rider.

Just call me Wanda :P

May 3, 2009 12:00 PM

Nikko said:

I have encountered the same problem. After nine months its good bye HD200 and hello to one of the hottest 300's available, very soon. But like you my scooter needs to find a new home first. Pretty good of HQ to present Armani for you.

May 3, 2009 3:06 PM

Dakoda said:

Things all going to plan, Monday is the day :)

May 12, 2009 7:56 AM

Dakoda said:

Well it has taken a little longer than expected.  I guess 3 weeks isn't long in Scooter Sales time, but itw as long enough for me.

Armani will be going to his new home on Monday, and I will be picking up my new Aprilia Scarabeo 200, which I have named Marty.

Stay tuned for Marty's Adventures, as I have a feeling he is going to be getting up to a lot of them.

Goodbye Armani, I will miss you mate, but I am sure you will enjoy your new home..... the time has come to move on.

May 23, 2009 4:54 PM

Scooternut said:

"no one saw this coming"? I've just been quietly waiting for it to happen. I knew it would, it was just a matter of time & Dave finally caving. So how long until the next upgrade Daks? And yes I do think it's going to happen, again it's only a matter of time. Care to prove me wrong? Wink

May 24, 2009 7:10 PM

joshzingzing said:

ahhhh the scab 200 i nearly bought one of those till i found they were selling the vespa px around the corner

so your next upgrade must be a px or tx to my way of thinking

but seriously the aprilia 200 hundred is really nice

May 24, 2009 9:40 PM

Scooter HQ said:

Really no one saw this coming. Remember just a few months ago Dak wouldn't venture out of those "comfort zones" or known areas. The confidence provided by a good quality ride & a bit of guidance from various community members saw her grow as a rider much quicker than anyone including Dak expected.

Dak has sampled just about everything in the 200 to 300 class now & settled on the Scarabeo 200 as its 250cc performance with 125cc size.

Look out the unknown its a Dak attack!

May 25, 2009 2:33 PM

Dakoda said:

I have to agree with Brendon, this is not something myself, or the people at Scooter HQ saw me doing 7 months ago.  The first 10mins on Marty today I was thinking "Have I done the right thing" I got thru Southport, and out to Hope Island, and I was starting to feel better about the scoot.  I got past Coomera, where the roads open up, and is a 80 zone, and you can easily do what you like :)  It's nice up and down roads, I opened Marty up to 110, and he got there from 70 so fast I was amazed.  Once he hit the 110 with no dramas, I looked down at the speedo and said to mysel "I am in love"  I cant wait to see what his full potential has to offer, give me a few days and I will tell you all.

Brendon, D'Arcy, Tim, Wayne & Lynn from Scooter HQ, thanks guys I hope my hassling you was as worth it as the wait has been for me.

Armani who?????

May 25, 2009 6:00 PM

Dakoda said:

I will do a new Blog entry in the next few days, but just wanted to add that after 400kms (and on my second tank of fuel) Marty is going great.  He had his first freeway run yesterday, and it was a hairy one, as for about 50kms we had a massive downpour of rain, and visibility was barely nil.  Luckily the cars in front of were weren't total idiots and had their lights on, so I could see their tail lights.  Tomorrow will be his real test, the Scooter HQ ride, I have faith he will do well, more on it tomorrow.....

May 30, 2009 12:23 PM