ScooterCommunity

Scooter
Community

in

Vmoto Milan Blog

ooo, shiny...

A shiny new blog to write up technical documents and how-to's based on my not so shiny RatRide.

A list of initial articles:

People can message or email me article requests. I will work out some way to include technical difficulty in the article title so people can read articles based on their own technical levels.

Comments

rpmorrell said:

an you post a pi of that va valve arrangement sometime, plz, RR?  Just curious what's the go with it.

February 27, 2008 11:35 PM

RatRide said:

Hi Rob,

Not quite sure what you mean? vacuum advance valve?? The vacuum fuel pump?

February 28, 2008 9:49 AM

rpmorrell said:

Wish my "c" would get better....he he.

When there were disussions re that fuel leak I had a hard time understanding why it was still leaking even though the engine was turned off.

With the Monza & Bandits the vac hose from the carbi goes all the way to the tank where it actuates a fuel tap which allows fuel to exit the tap, run through another hose till about half its length, negotiate a fuel fliter then carry on into the carbi.

The way I understood (correctly or not) the Milan layout was that the vac hose acuates a fuel tap after the filter....so when the filter is leaking, even if the engine is not running, the fuel can run out of the tank through the filter: no fuel tap till after the filter.

Just a bit confusing to me.

February 29, 2008 1:26 PM

RatRide said:

yep, exactly Rob. Vacuum pipe and fuel pump assembly is all after the filter half-way along the fuel travel path. So a split in the fuel hose (as I had) or Liz's cracked fuel filter will allow fuel to spill out because the tank is not a sealed unit

Having the tap/vacuum assembly 1/2 way along is bit of a bad design, I think!!

February 29, 2008 1:42 PM

rpmorrell said:

All bikes have their smirks, irks & quirks.  ;-)

February 29, 2008 7:09 PM

Helen 50cc said:

I have the Vmoto also but the problems with auto star. I need to do manual kick to start everyday. I have just changed the battery but still can not fix it. Do you have Vmoto Milan manual or something similar ? COuld you please give me any suggestions ?

August 11, 2010 10:18 PM

About RatRide

Angus
Born 1976
Went crazy 1990
Somewhat recovered 1990-1998
Gained crazy status again and still going strong!!
Owner of the RatRide!!