ADVERTISEMENT

Scooter
Community

in
ADVERTISEMENT

white smoke and hard starting scooter

Last post 05-02-2009 11:21 AM by INMA. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-01-2009 09:49 AM

white smoke and hard starting scooter

i have a 2008 roketa mc-08-50 scooter, 50cc, 4 stroke, electric choke, cdi ignition, the usual. it has about 2000 kilometers on it. i run a velocity stack with no air filter on it( i know it's a bad idea, but i do it.) it has recently began blowing alot of white smoke and the egr tube that used to feed into the air box blows alot of smoke and oil. i just did an oil change, and spark plug change, and the problem seemed to get worse when i got it started after the tune up, i did run a product called marvel mystery oil through the gas and oil, about 15% of the oil is this substance, said to reduce engine wear and whatnot, and a splash in the gas tank, which is not full. could this be anything other than my rings being warn out?

• 05-01-2009 02:41 PM In reply to

Re: white smoke and hard starting scooter

Will be the oil you have put in the petrol tank hopefully

An' Ah'll tell thi that fer nowt

• 05-01-2009 03:24 PM In reply to

• INMA
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-19-2009
    • Posts 607

Jokes are best delivered on April the first.

Get rid of the modifications and additives, put it back to standard and ride it.

Every change you list has put the engine at risk and you clearly have less idea of how to run an vehicle than the idiots that sold you the "marvel oil".  If you talk to the guy that sold you the marvel oil he can probably convince you it works as an enema as well and you can blow white smoke just like your scooter.

As for the white smoke, you did it you figure it out, its most likely your scooter asking the rest of the world to save it from your foolishness.

Why would you remove the aircleaner?  Why not just throw some sand in the oil filler and save the effort of riding the scooter around to stuff the engine.

As for the hard starting, why would it want to take any more of your abuse its probably scooter artificial inteligence survival instinct.

If you want more performance buy a bigger scooter, if you want a clapped out scooter go to a wrecker and buy one prepared for you.

The only reason I write this is so the dealers and mechanics out there that read you post know someone else understands.

2001 Yamaha Zuma, DR Evo 68 cylinder, Leo Vince TT derestricted, Delorto 17.5 (#98 jet), standard aircleaner, RMS fan, Race CDI, Standard oiler and premix @ 75:1 Shell SX2, Doppler SR3 variator, RMS clutch, RMS R rear shock absorber and Pirelli SL26 tyres.
  • 05-01-2009 10:15 PM In reply to

you are a ******** ***.

• 05-01-2009 10:57 PM In reply to

******* you asked for help you sound like an idiot then you abuse people *******  off and only ****** ride 50cc 4strokes
  • 05-02-2009 04:53 AM In reply to

Come on guys no need to be insulting eachother being keyboard gangsters. Tongue Tied

The reason a 4stroke engine blows white smoke is because its burning its oil somehow. Since you haven't been running an air-cleaner, something has been sucked into your cylinder and damaged your rings I would guess. Dont add anything to your fuel tank other than fuel and dont put in oil additives either.

Just run good quality engine oil and change it often every few months. Your cylinder is most likely going to need a rebuild now with at least a honing of the bore and new rings. Removing the air cleaner isn't going to give you any worthwhile power increase and isn't good for your engine also. 4stroke small motors need allot done to them to make any power increase also. If you want a faster 50cc scoot, better get a 2stroke to start with.

Goodluck, and when engine cylinder is rebuilt, keep on air cleaner Yes

• 05-02-2009 11:21 AM In reply to

• INMA
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-19-2009
    • Posts 607

Ask whoever sold you the velocity stack why you are having starting problems. Ask whoever sold you the marvel oil why its smoking.  I am sure they will be nice to you, maybe even they will sell you something to solve your problems.

Or you could take my advise:

Get rid of the modifications and additives, put it back to standard and ride it.

And stop being an ungracious idiot, you did it you fix it, what you did was dumb so don't expect me to tell you its ok.  You even hinted you knew it was dumb so why be surprised when I state the obvious.

2001 Yamaha Zuma, DR Evo 68 cylinder, Leo Vince TT derestricted, Delorto 17.5 (#98 jet), standard aircleaner, RMS fan, Race CDI, Standard oiler and premix @ 75:1 Shell SX2, Doppler SR3 variator, RMS clutch, RMS R rear shock absorber and Pirelli SL26 tyres.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)

ADVERTISEMENT

©2007 ScooterSales.com.au