Scooter
Community

in
ADVERTISEMENT
Honda

Honda Lead 100

Last post 12-05-2011 09:35 AM by pyrah. 15 replies.
Page 1 of 2 (16 items) 1 2 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-03-2009 10:35 PM

• repete
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 06-15-2008
    • Posts 6

Honda Lead 100

Just a quick review from me... I used this site with great help a year ago now in my purchase of a Honda Lead 100. Doing a quick search doesn't show too much current interest in the scooter so I won't spend too long - I can come back and update or respond to any question as you like though!

First up would just be to reiterate the advice I was given at the time - the Lead 100 is a reliable bike but certainly not a performance bike!

I live at the bottom of a hill and each morning I push it hard to reach 50km/h or so by the top. I also rarely try to push it above 70 because even at that speed it smells a bit overworked if I cruise for a while. But for my purposes it has been great - I ride 15kms or so to each way work each day and have just clocked up over 2,000kms. It's using around 3L to the 100km, but that's in optimum conditions I reckon - I rarely have to stop in traffic the way I go and mostly am crusing at 50-60km/h. As others warned, I do have to be aware of where the bumps on the road are - I certainly feel them. But it handles well and as I say, at the lower speeds, picks up and cruises well. My biggest disappointment has been the dealer who lost the bike to start with, still hasn't given me all the bonus gear I was meant to get, and then charged more for my scooter service than my car costs to get serviced! At least I'll only need to visit rarely.

Filed under: , ,
  • 05-03-2009 11:10 PM In reply to

Re: Honda Lead 100

Big Smile Glad you are enjoying your Honda lead it should be a reliable Indian workhorse no frills bike i quite like the look of them with the leading link forks Sad sad about your dealer you will have to try to get it serviced elsewhere I would email Honda about the gear you have not received worth a try

Tha' can allus tell a Yorkshireman, but tha' can't tell 'im much
  • 05-04-2009 10:20 AM In reply to

• E2W
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-21-2008
    • Fitzroy North Melbourne
    • Posts 482

Hello repete, if your in Melbourne we could help you out with the service side of the scooter. Prices are good, quality of the work is the best and we're a very customer friendly shop. Check out the blog if you want to know more about us.

http://www.scootercommunity.com.au/blogs/everything_two_wheels_-_e2w/default.aspx

Pete

Everything Two Wheels

www.everythingtwowheels.com.au
  • 05-18-2009 11:27 AM In reply to

repete, I have a Honda Lead 100 and I service it myself. I'm not mechanically minded either but changing the engine oil wasn't hard at all. My next attempt will be the transmission fluid. Mine has only done 200km.

I'm happy to help you with changing the engine oil if you're in Sydney.

• 05-18-2009 02:14 PM In reply to

• repete
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 06-15-2008
    • Posts 6

Thanks for the replies folks. Unfortunately I won't be able to drop in but I appreciate the link to further info. and perhaps the inspiration to work on my own servicing :)

Cheers

• 02-02-2010 02:34 AM In reply to

I just bought a second-hand Lead 100, and very happy with it indeed. Keep reading good things about it, which makes for good after-sales satisfaction. :) I have only 2 gripes about it, which are more practicalities than faults as such.

One, the under-seat compartment is too small for even an open-faced helmet. My neighbour happily plonks her sizeable RJ Tomcat under the seat of her ancient Vmoto Milan, yet the Lead, a bigger bike, can't fit it (or any open faced helmet I've tried). You definitely need a box. Bit of a shame.

The other one is there are no gaps in the wheel rims, so the only way to chain-secure the bike is to park it next to a pole and wrap the chain around the exhaust or something. You can't do the through-the-wheel thing with this bike.

Both are simple, practical issues which it seems other, lesser models have taken care of. I love this bike, it's like a reliable friend.. but I have to wonder why they didn't give us just a wee bit more storage, so a helmet can fit, and somewhere decent to wrap a chain around.

• 02-02-2010 10:45 AM In reply to

• 02-02-2010 11:46 AM In reply to

This is why scooters rule - you can't wear heels on any other kind of bike.

• 10-20-2010 04:15 PM In reply to

dear pyrah

,,,,,, oh dear oh dear

oh dear hehehe

when she has had enough she'll stab you in the eye with those heels

dont get struck by a truck
  • 10-20-2010 08:12 PM In reply to

Surprise Thats not the only thing that could take your eye out Big Smile

• 12-04-2011 02:53 PM In reply to

back on topic, a mate has just got his Learner's and a Lead SCV100.

I haven't taken it on the road, but it's the prime candidate for the Wombat family group ride. They are fantastically quiet compared to the VS150, and I like the Honda top box (a must, as underseat storage is useless compared to my SYM)

In fact, I'll probably buy it when he gets upgraditis, which he will - his Dad's an ex Ducati fan with a Honda GL1800 Loungeroom (I mean Goldwing)

4 years and 20,000 K's later, I'm still scootering, and you guys are stuck with me!
  • 12-04-2011 03:29 PM In reply to

Devil Back on topic Big Smile

• 12-04-2011 08:14 PM In reply to

since we're colluding to undo scooternut's "Equal opportunity in scooter advertising" legislation, how many more have you got?

4 years and 20,000 K's later, I'm still scootering, and you guys are stuck with me!
  • 12-04-2011 10:40 PM In reply to

Not many unless you like the @125

• 12-05-2011 07:37 AM In reply to

don't know what happened to "all the gear, all the time" Wink

Page 1 of 2 (16 items) 1 2 Next >

ADVERTISEMENT

©2007 ScooterSales.com.au