Scooter
Community

How about an 'imaginative' scooter ?

Last post 05-10-2009 09:45 PM by niks. 14 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (15 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-08-2009 01:32 PM

How about an 'imaginative' scooter ?

So. It seems that not many people can describe what todays scooter really is. Then how about some suggestions for a new scooter (flat platform+storage etc) that would break the boredom of all the rehash/ recycled ideas such as we have now ("you can only own a real scooter if it's a vespa"). Maybe some of the  ideas shown in the likes of the C1 and Italjet dragster? or perhaps something beautiful (the opposite of the MP3), or a true naked bike that anyone could take to pieces or customize. Come on - break the mould -  drag the scooter concept into the 21st century.  How about some fresh ideas - cheers. P.S. Check with I5UZU for an 'imagination' hit first. - cheers

• 05-08-2009 01:51 PM In reply to

Re: How about an 'imaginative' scooter ?

Guns..... lots and lots of guns....

Tassie's number one scooter dealer.

www.scootershoplaunceston.com.au

info@scootershoplaunceston.com.au
  • 05-08-2009 02:26 PM In reply to

• dozer.
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 10-26-2008
    • Albury, N.S.W
    • Posts 2,432

And some more buttons. I'm sick of the lack of buttons.... high beam, low beam. toot-toot, high beam, low beam.... toot-toot. Would be nice to have more buttons.

DOZER.
  • 05-08-2009 02:35 PM In reply to

dozer.:

And some more buttons. I'm sick of the lack of buttons.... high beam, low beam. toot-toot, high beam, low beam.... toot-toot. Would be nice to have more buttons.

And MORE BLING !!

Deklan 

“It’s not the destination but the journey”
    Vespa GT200 in Grigio (Smokey Grey)

• 05-08-2009 02:52 PM In reply to

• dozer.
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 10-26-2008
    • Albury, N.S.W
    • Posts 2,432

kiwiscoota:
    And MORE BLING !!

This reminds me of the episode that Herb Powell let home desging the car of all cars....

DOZER.
  • 05-08-2009 04:31 PM In reply to

• Linz
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-09-2008
    • Macarthur, NSW
    • Posts 914

I just pi55ed myself laughing....tonyr started this with the anti "it aint a real scoot unless it a vespa" tag and then the only ones that have replied are 3 vespa owners and a shop that has a vespa in its logo!!!!!! big backing of the non/anti-vespa brigade!
    Don't look at WHO started it up, look at WHAT has been started up.....
  • 05-08-2009 07:06 PM In reply to

• P-Migz
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-30-2009
    • Eastern Suburbs, Sydney
    • Posts 82

What do you call a Vespa between 2 Italjets ... Rose between 2 thorns. There something about classic beauty that should be kept simple. "Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication" - Leonardo Da Vinci

The only changes i would like to see is having hidden accessories, ie, phone dock/charger as standard, some new cars have mini coolers/warmers in the glove boxes, something like that would be good. But all out of sight.

• 05-08-2009 08:39 PM In reply to

P-Migz - Sorry to dishearten you (as a devoit vespa owner) but the words "classic" and "Simplicity' are in my opinion innapopriate. As any advertising / con artist will tell you - Classic is a polite term for old. I bought my first Lambretta 150 in 1958 - that's old - I'm old - that doesn't make me a "Classic". All vespas are old in concept, they just happen to have 2009 VIN plates stuck to them just like todays Indian made Royal Enfields. "Simple?" Have you ever tried to work on some vespas ? - it's like defining the length of a piece of string. If you like 'em - stick to 'em - you never know - you may meet Da Vinci on your next ride.  Me ? - I want to be on the cutting edge - even at my age.

• 05-08-2009 08:40 PM In reply to

An advanced sound system for scooters! :)

• 05-08-2009 09:00 PM In reply to

• P-Migz
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-30-2009
    • Eastern Suburbs, Sydney
    • Posts 82

Hi Tony,

We have a very different vocabulary then. If i wanted to say old, i would say that. If i wanted to say fiddly, i would say that. By Classic, I'm defining as the original design concept, which is slighly tweaked but always retains the original concept in mind. By definition : A perfect and/or early example of a particular style; An artistic work of lasting worth;

To best describe simple in my post, is to think of an iPOD vs early walkman/mp3 players. Drop the moving parts, simple design, drop half a douzen buttons to a couple of buttons and all controlled through the circular button, it's minimalist and simple. And very cutting edge. But yet if you don't know how to use a PC you would get lost in the upload/transfer/buy music process.

This is your post and you can take my comments how you like though, hope you find the next stage your looking for.

Cheers,

P.

• 05-08-2009 09:41 PM In reply to

Linz:
    and a shop that has a vespa in its logo!!!!!!

Sorry Linz, it's a SYM Classic.... Big Smile

I wouldn't want to breach anyone's copyright... Wink

Tassie's number one scooter dealer.

www.scootershoplaunceston.com.au

info@scootershoplaunceston.com.au
  • 05-09-2009 12:57 AM In reply to

• WAY
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on 12-23-2007
    • Posts 399

Hmm, I would like to see a real big engine sports scooter.  Ie. 1000cc with a real auto gearbox and not CVT.  Maybe even in a MP3...

2009 Honda DN-01 pseudo scooter
  • 05-10-2009 11:28 AM In reply to

• 15UZU
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 01-08-2009
    • Slacks Creek, QLD
    • Posts 1,140

tony r:

P.S. Check with I5UZU for an 'imagination' hit first. - cheers

???????  What? How did I get dragged into this?????????

2010 PGO X-Hot 150cc - clocking up the kays
    2006 Vmoto Monza 50cc - to be rebuilt......I wonder if I can get this TMAX 500 engine in here??? o_O
    2005 Vmoto Monza 50cc - in the rebuild phase
    2002 Aprilia SR50 50cc - currently out on loan
  • 05-10-2009 08:22 PM In reply to

Adjustable seat, feet and handle bar positions for city Vs highway.

Do more with less Cygnus125 then 250Virago
    Get outa town the wheels wont stop
    alias Hardly Viragoson
  • 05-10-2009 09:45 PM In reply to

• niks
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 01-22-2009
    • Melbourne
    • Posts 1,114

I reckon an imaginative update is that all scooters come fitted with a de brainwashing program to eliminate all this crap about my scooter is better than yours because, mentality. and reprogramme with the thought we are all brothers and sisters enjoying the life and the ride on our individual choices. 

Majesty YP 250 plus. "the way to go".
Page 1 of 1 (15 items)

ADVERTISEMENT

©2007 ScooterSales.com.au