ADVERTISEMENT

Scooter
Community

in
ADVERTISEMENT
Scooter Cycle Workshop

Headlamp problem

Last post 06-24-2009 06:59 PM by steve@ace. 11 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (12 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-23-2009 05:16 PM

• butterfly
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 06-23-2009
    • South Island, New Zealand
    • Posts 54

Headlamp problem

Hi - I've been lurking for a while now - quite a while, since before I bought my scooter 10 months ago.

I've got a Fly 125, and today it's headlamp stopped working (although oddly it still works on high beam).  Does anyone know how to get the headlight cover off in order to change the bulb? I'm assuming that the bulb has just blown? Is it a relatively easy job? or one best left for someone who knows what they're doing?

Any assistance would be appreciated.

• 06-23-2009 05:44 PM In reply to

Re: Headlamp problem

Sounds like a globe change.  Three screws - two at the back, one at the front in the centre.  Gently prise handlebar panels apart.  Twist round glove holder, replace, test and reassemble. 

Ace Scooters - practitioners to the scooter addicted.

www.acescooters.com.au
  • 06-23-2009 06:12 PM In reply to

Smile Will it need a H4 or BA20D bulb be interesting to find out Geeked ups i need to learn to read properly thinking we where talking about LX125 please ignore me Embarrassed

An' Ah'll tell thi that fer nowt

• 06-23-2009 11:42 PM In reply to

• butterfly
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 06-23-2009
    • Posts 54

thanks for the help steve. that seems straight forward. am assuming i could get the right bulb at supacheap autos or similar? it looks like there are two bulbs in the headlight? Is it the larger bulb (which still works on high beam?) that needs replacing?

• 06-24-2009 01:01 AM In reply to

Yes it is the big bulb that will need replacing it is a twin filaments H4 you should be able to get one from a auto shop . Unless you are unlucky for  Piaggio have fitted a S2 bulb fitting on some scooters then you will have to go to a bike shop for that bulb 

• 06-24-2009 01:37 AM In reply to

• 15UZU
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 01-08-2009
    • Slacks Creek, QLD
    • Posts 1,139

pyrah:

.................. you should be able to get one from a auto shop

"Should" being the operative word.......I've come to find many parts you would think to be a straight forward purchase from Autobarn/Repco/Auto1 etc.........they look you blankly in the face & go WTF....never seen that before!

Bulbs for the Monza were only available from the local Vmoto dealer here in Slacks Creek.......Spark plug for the Aprilia.....not one bike shop in Moss Street had one & the one dealer who took the time to try to find a solution for me said they'd have to order them in, they came in a box of 4 & because couldn't see themselves selling them to anyone else I'd have to buy all four....@ $30 each!.......Spark plug for the Monza - shite I have to laugh at this one - the local dealer did not have a part number listed in the Vmoto manual & not even a listing for it in the NGK manual!......thankfully one of their parts reps wandered in the door & knew of someone who might know the answer, made the call & got the answer........

If you bought the scoot from a dealer....go back to them for parts.......if you bought it second hand, pray like hell there is a dealer in your area that you can  go to!

2010 PGO X-Hot 150cc - clocking up the kays
    2006 Vmoto Monza 50cc - to be rebuilt......I wonder if I can get this TMAX 500 engine in here??? o_O
    2005 Vmoto Monza 50cc - in the rebuild phase
    2002 Aprilia SR50 50cc - currently out on loan
  • 06-24-2009 05:17 PM In reply to

• butterfly
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 06-23-2009
    • Posts 54

Thanks for the help guys.

This morning the headlamp started working again halfway through my commute to work (very odd I thought) - so I started thinking that maybe the bulb wasn't blown, but there was something wrong with the connections. So I headed up to the boys at Scooter Central, who initially didn't know what was wrong, but they changed the bulb for me, and said that the bulb was blown, but the filaments were close enough to be arcing, which explains why it started working again.

So it's all sorted.

• 06-24-2009 05:39 PM In reply to

Just for curiosity do you know which type of bulb it was glad you got it fixed

• 06-24-2009 05:52 PM In reply to

• butterfly
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 06-23-2009
    • Posts 54

Sorry, I haven't the foggiest idea.  and the receipt just says globe.

• 06-24-2009 06:20 PM In reply to

We use Philips S2  12V 35/35W BA20d

Part # 12728 Cl

www.acescooters.com.au
  • 06-24-2009 06:32 PM In reply to

Thanks Steve i was on a UK site and a fly somebody owned had the S2 bulb in it manual stated H4 bulb same as that lx on the forum last week . I suppose Piaggio use ether fitting depending on supply you just need to check before buying a bulb i guess 

• 06-24-2009 06:59 PM In reply to

Globes are consumables - so as long as they are the right spec, then you use what you can get Big Smile

www.acescooters.com.au
Page 1 of 1 (12 items)

ADVERTISEMENT

©2007 ScooterSales.com.au