Scooter
Community

More auction bargains

Last post 07-18-2009 03:26 PM by Jubbo70. 16 replies.
Page 1 of 2 (17 items) 1 2 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 07-14-2009 12:56 PM

• Jax
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-23-2008
    • Sydney
    • Posts 3,129

More auction bargains

Pickles auction

No Honda SH300s tho

Need scooter parking? www.mcnetwork.com.au on the web or on your iPhone or Android phone
    MCNetwork - using Google maps to plot every parking spot, every dealer, every shop - linked to every product for your scooter.

• 07-14-2009 10:04 PM In reply to

Re: More auction bargains

If only we had auctions like this in WA...... Sad There simply isn't the market here... Never mind! We still have some great dealers tho!!

With the very kindest regards 

Live the Dream - Ride a Scoot!! Preferably a Daelim S1!!! Troy Corser knows how good these scoots are, cos he's got one!!!!!
  • 07-14-2009 10:28 PM In reply to

Jubbo70:

If only we had auctions like this in WA...... Sad There simply isn't the market here... Never mind! We still have some great dealers tho!!

But we do! There's a Pickles on Balcatta Rd & a http://www.manheimfowles.com.au/ out near one of the airports.

Wanda
    Today 50 (2,500km), Montego. Fly (2,500km), Le Grande (7,000km), Vespa PX (200km), Vespa GTS250ie (46,000km), now looking at the world through Ruby coloured glasses on a Vespa GTV300ie Vie Della Moda.
  • 07-14-2009 10:51 PM In reply to

True enough!! But we don't seem to have the volume of scoots the Eastern States have... I have seen two (2) big scooter auctions online this year, both over East. And try sorting the scoots on eBay by closest to Perth and see how few appear..... Our market is very limited, but I guess its just the population difference and the distances between cities..... But we have better weather tho!!

Live the Dream - Ride a Scoot!! Preferably a Daelim S1!!! Troy Corser knows how good these scoots are, cos he's got one!!!!!
  • 07-15-2009 02:03 AM In reply to

• haylz
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-23-2009
    • Perth
    • Posts 278

Jax:

No Honda SH300s tho

Darn it!!

Scooter Señora

Totally addicted to to my Vespa
  • 07-15-2009 08:16 AM In reply to

• allen
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 07-19-2007
    • Sydney NSW Australia
    • Posts 6,248

Another day another auction when will this stuff sell, My guess is that this stuff will go extremely cheap

Advertise your scooter for FREE on Scootersales.com.au
    www.scootersales.com.au
    www.quadsales.com.au
  • 07-15-2009 11:03 AM In reply to

• Yappa
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-17-2009
    • Sydney
    • Posts 25

I wish i picked up a little Sachs Madass 125 when they had them...

• 07-15-2009 11:16 AM In reply to

Jubbo70:
    True enough!! But we don't seem to have the volume of scoots the Eastern States have... I have seen two (2) big scooter auctions online this year, both over East. And try sorting the scoots on eBay by closest to Perth and see how few appear..... Our market is very limited, but I guess its just the population difference and the distances between cities.....
    These auctions are as a result of large, previously strong dealerships and importers going belly up. People are losing their homes over this stuff, and the creditors are showing no mercy. WA is not having these fire sales, because things are generally more boyant in the west (something we know as fact). I know, I used to live there, and I have friends and family in Perth, Hedland and Kal. WA is doing well at the moment (sorry Steve, I know it doesn't seem that way...) whereas the east is coping a hammering...
    Jubbo70:
    But we have better weather tho!!
    Yes, you do....Beer

Tassie's number one scooter dealer.

www.scootershoplaunceston.com.au

info@scootershoplaunceston.com.au
  • 07-15-2009 12:03 PM In reply to

There was a liquidation sale clearance sale last Saturday morning down at a scooter dealers in Palmyra (the ex-Bolwell local distributor), so WA hasn't been untouched - but I think that you are right, we haven't been quite as badly affected as the east coast.  I heard a few dealers went down, but I understand that a large number of private buyers kept the prices of the scooters that were being sold quite high.  A few bargains on spare parts though.

There are a number of auctions in Perth, but mostly they feature nicked scooters which are economic right-offs.  I understand that they often sell for buttons, but the cost to do them up can be almost as much as buying one new.

Ace Scooters - practitioners to the scooter addicted.

www.acescooters.com.au
  • 07-15-2009 02:11 PM In reply to

Whats it going to take for Australians to embrace small capacity two wheel transport petrol at $5 a ltr pa raps . I would have thought we would have seen a boom scooter sales we must love our cars to much

Si ‘Thi’ later
  • 07-15-2009 02:46 PM In reply to

pyrah:

Whats it going to take for Australians to embrace small capacity two wheel transport petrol at $5 a ltr pa raps . I would have thought we would have seen a boom scooter sales we must love our cars to much

Unfortunately it's going to take a lot more than expensive petrol IMHO.

Historically the biggest boom period for scootering was post WWII and so when we arrived at the late 50's into the 60's the car was more within people's reach. Scooters played a great part in being workhorses and freedom machines. Women liked them because they could ride themselves without getting dirty or pillion sidesaddle in a dress. They didn't have to dress in protective clothing. Jump on a scooter and go. Load it up and carry stuff.

Nowadays that's all a big fat no no.

So a scooter is marketed as a fuel saving option or...? The spontaneity has gone out of it to a certain extent. Society is fat, bloated and in love with creature comforts, convenience and speed.

So twist and go rules and Scooters need to get bigger and faster every year.

"Vespista" is not actually Italian slang for a drunken Vespa rider.
  • 07-15-2009 03:03 PM In reply to

You raise some good points there  Cuttlefish .  When you can get a new car for $12000 with air conditioning and 5 year warranty jump in and go . For the masses a scooter will have to be really cheap to compete with the car & jump on and go disappeared a long time ago whats the answer ? 

Si ‘Thi’ later
  • 07-15-2009 03:10 PM In reply to

We have to be stitching our clothes together to make them last not to make a fashion statement.

Brewing our own beer and shine because we have no cash to buy the brand name brews.

Riding a solo seat scoot because we can't pay for the car rego and servicing and insurance.

Times are not hard enough yet to force people onto something they haven't grown up with

"Vespista" is not actually Italian slang for a drunken Vespa rider.
  • 07-15-2009 09:25 PM In reply to

Hi all!

IMHO, there's little doubt that scoots are incredibly versatile and affordable urban transport. However, I would venture that there is a big difference in urban environments around the world!

Many of the cities I visited in Europe are not necessarily larger in size than Aus cities, but have a higher population density. This causes traffic chaos and two wheels in this environment are definately better than four!

When I look at Perth, it is an amazingly HUGE city in terms of the land it occupies. But with a population of, what, 1.5-2million people, spread out over a vast area, we have a totally different road system to Eastern States and European cities. Our pop density is much lower and our roads are, IMHO, much faster and more free-flowing as a result. Also, our public transport system is, again IMHO, woefully inadequate for the city as a whole. And we have a small city centre surrounded by an ocean of suburbs!!!!

In this environment, small two-wheeled vehicles are not that attractive, regardless of how fuel efficient they are!! As has been said, people are still more than willing to hop in their cage here in Perth because of the distances being travelled! It can be done faster and safer in a cage than on an exposed scoot. Of course, if you're going anywhere near the Perth CBD, you're gonna, quite rightly, disagree and say that scoots come into their own there!

I think people here are beginning to think carefully about their urban transport..... With the range of scoots available, it is certainly becoming possible to buy and run a scoot and a car in the same household. However, if you're gonna actually save and recoup your money, you have to be committed to using your scoot. On Perth roads, that's no easy committment given the way our cagers go about their business!!!

• 07-15-2009 09:33 PM In reply to

Gotta agree with you Jubbo. Even taking "the scenic route" out to Canning Vale through the berbs, I still feel like I'm playing Russian Roulette & a game of leap frog jumping from being out of one cager's blind spot then rushing into a possy that's out of the next cager's blind spot when the cagers stop for someone turning right, all while hoping they don't decide to change lanes. It certainly causes the heart rate to escalate! Still, it's all a big high & one I enjoy. In the meantime I HATE driving the car & feel more scared driving that thing around than riding the scoot in peak hour. Forget trying to do the speed limit too. Will be going the GPS or pushie speedo route to see what speed I'm REALLY doing.

I haven't spotted you for a while Jubbo, but then I've been a bit caught up in pain & discomfort from the cold as well as avoiding the antics of the cagers to really notice who is scooting by on the other side of the road.

Wanda
    Today 50 (2,500km), Montego. Fly (2,500km), Le Grande (7,000km), Vespa PX (200km), Vespa GTS250ie (46,000km), now looking at the world through Ruby coloured glasses on a Vespa GTV300ie Vie Della Moda.
Page 1 of 2 (17 items) 1 2 Next >

ADVERTISEMENT

©2007 ScooterSales.com.au