Scooter
Community

A couple forum how-to tips...

Last post 07-15-2009 11:26 AM by steve@ace. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 07-14-2009 04:40 PM

A couple forum how-to tips...

Tip number 1:

Sometimes when posting, we like to include some text we may have taken from a website, article or a word document (provided we're not breeching a copyright, of course). Trouble is, the text has usually been 'formatted' for that site or document, so when it is pasted into the forum, it ends up looking funny/odd, or doesn't paste properly.

One of the easiest ways for people to overcome this is to open "notepad" on your computer, copy the selected text from your website or document, and paste it into "notepad". This removes the formatting that has been applied and converts it to plain text. Then simply re-select your text in your "notepad", copy it and paste into your post.

Tip number 2:

Links- It's really easy to post a link to an external website, even if the other site's URL is really long, like an Ebay item URL which will often go over two lines. Simply find a word or words in your post that you would like to act as the link.

For example "hey guys have a look at this new scooter I found" In this case, I'd select "new scooter" to act as my link. Highlight the text, and when you do, you'll see the 'chain links' illuminate, just above your text on the tool bar. Click on the unbroken chain link, and a window will pop up. Copy and paste your external web address in the top row of that box, then in the next row down (named "Target") select "open in new window" then click "insert". Job done. Your selected word or two will now link out to another website, and it doesn't matter how long the URL is. See the picture below for a bit of a visual explanation.

For some of the regulars, this might seem like basic stuff (so I'm sorry if it seems like I telling you how to suck eggs, so to speak), but for some of the newcomers, it's not so basic.

I'll move this post down to the Forum Tips section after it's had some air-time up here. If there's any other how-to's you need clarifying, please ask... (and Allen will answer Smile)

• 07-14-2009 06:16 PM In reply to

Re: A couple forum how-to tips...

Is there anyway that you can tell us how to make the responses to the original post relevant to that thread?

Wink

Ace Scooters - practitioners to the scooter addicted.

www.acescooters.com.au
  • 07-14-2009 07:31 PM In reply to

excellent, love it, wonderful and thankyou.  its all to make browsing easier and more enjoyable

♥Jrazik out...
    clik
  • 07-14-2009 10:05 PM In reply to

steve@ace:
    Is there anyway that you can tell us how to make the responses to the original post relevant to that thread?

Wink

Easy.

>Tools

>Options

>Relevance

then adjust the sliding bar from 0% relevance (minimum) up to the max (5%)

Tassie's number one scooter dealer.

www.scootershoplaunceston.com.au

info@scootershoplaunceston.com.au
  • 07-15-2009 08:21 AM In reply to

• allen
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 07-19-2007
    • Sydney NSW Australia
    • Posts 6,248

love your work, nice and easy to follow

Advertise your scooter for FREE on Scootersales.com.au
    www.scootersales.com.au
    www.quadsales.com.au
  • 07-15-2009 11:26 AM In reply to

the scooter shop:

steve@ace:

Wink

Easy.

>Tools

>Options

>Relevance

then adjust the sliding bar from 0% relevance (minimum) up to the max (5%)

Hahahahaha!  Brilliant! Big Smile   I think that my slider is stuck.  It won't go above 2%.

Ace Scooters - practitioners to the scooter addicted.

www.acescooters.com.au
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)

ADVERTISEMENT

©2007 ScooterSales.com.au