Scooter
Community

What kind of scooter do you ride and why did you pick it?

Last post 03-31-2011 10:10 AM by tonyr. 120 replies.
Page 2 of 9 (121 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last »
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 07-19-2009 11:38 PM In reply to

Re: What kind of scooter do you ride and why did you pick it?

Nice Jacket.

I've been to a few places but noone in my area stock Carrazzo.

• 07-21-2009 07:50 PM In reply to

I traded this Joker:

Joker

for this Maxam:

Maxam

so I could do this:

Harajuku Maxam

because this Gemma has no trunk space:

Gemma!

and this Vespa was too expensive:

300GTS

• 07-21-2009 08:43 PM In reply to

You guys get the coolest scoots Neko. I'll go a Maxam thanks...

Tassie's number one scooter dealer.

www.scootershoplaunceston.com.au

info@scootershoplaunceston.com.au
  • 07-21-2009 08:49 PM In reply to

• dozer.
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 10-26-2008
    • Albury, N.S.W
    • Posts 2,432

I'll take a Gemma. Sweet.

DOZER.
  • 07-21-2009 09:00 PM In reply to

That Gemma looks awesome

I got a yamaha majesty 400cc because when I was looking to buy, one came up on ebay for about $1000 more than I was going to spend on a 200cc scoot, it had 1,650km on it. That was too good a bargin to pass up and I have been happy with the decision ever since.

Removed due to stalker
  • 07-21-2009 09:09 PM In reply to

dozer.:
    I'll take a Gemma. Sweet.

In red, with a big FAT white stripe right up and over her middle... Yes please!

Red Gemma

the scooter shop:
    I'll go a Maxam thanks...

Something about the Maxam in black that comes off well sometimes I think though too:

Maxam by Yamaha.

Filed under:
  • 07-21-2009 09:09 PM In reply to

Just love how you've all got you're legs nicely stretched out on the maxam.

Me. I'd have my knees so bent up they'd be collecting the barends on every turn.

Same thing on std Harleys. See other dudes on em and their legs are all stretched out to the highway pegs. I jump on and it's Gumby the bendy toy.

"Vespista" is not actually Italian slang for a drunken Vespa rider.
  • 07-21-2009 09:22 PM In reply to

Cuttlefish:
    Just love how you've all got you're legs nicely stretched out on the maxam.

Standard riding position for a big scooter. These guys were off to the mountains on Sunday - three up. Their dog is in the bag being carried on the back.

This guy though was just off to work:

Filed under:
  • 07-21-2009 09:42 PM In reply to

Used to have a Majesty with a trick sports bike paint job and Renthal bars when I lived in Thailand. It had been imported from Japan. The Renthals gave me some more room but I'm just a tad too tall to be able to stretch out like that,

"Vespista" is not actually Italian slang for a drunken Vespa rider.
  • 07-21-2009 10:08 PM In reply to

Those big slabby scooters are sooooooooooo ugly*! Can't understand why the Japanese like them so much. I'm glad they haven't made it here.

*To clarify - the ones labelled Gemma and Maxam.

organiser Hobart Motor Scooter Club

Cool gear and Vespa seat covers at cosmicbreed.com

For info on the National Scooter Rallies open to all riders, go to National Scooter Rally

Remember, don't spend all your time posting on scooter forums - get out there and ride your scooter...
  • 07-21-2009 10:42 PM In reply to

• Kristoff
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 05-29-2009
    • Lexington Ky U.S.A
    • Posts 102

THANKS FOR THE AWESOME PICS KURONEKO!!!!

Its not a moped!!
  • 07-22-2009 12:14 AM In reply to

SharonVespaGirl:
    Can't understand why the Japanese like them so much. I'm glad they haven't made it here.

Simple! In Aus scooters appear to be sometimes a lifestyle cafe-set choice, not a must-have, only mode of transport available. In Japan the big scooter does not sit in the garage waiting for a sunny day, it sits outside in the weather on the street as the only set of wheels for a lot of people.

Two-up cruising, commuting, shopping; these are work machines. Count how many scooters you see in Aus with two-up? When you need a two-up shopping device, you can bounce around hanging on like grim death on the back of an upright short wheelbase machine, or put the shopping in a huge trunk, stretch out comfortably, lean back, and chat on a long wheelbase two-up capable machine. The seat on the Maxam, with factory backrest is more than 1.5m long...

Maxam.

SharonVespaGirl:
    *To clarify - the ones labelled Gemma and Maxam.

I ride a Maxam, and agree it is maybe the ugliest OEM machine made in Japan. No argument there, but it is certainly good for its designed task. The Gemma though does have a unique, modern-Japan, Akira style perhaps. But, Italian it ain't that's for sure.

Honda Fusion

Fusion are uglier though. Unless you like living in 1981...

Honda Fusion.

Just, do not try chasing a Ducati and scraping the pegs on one. That's what a 300GTS is for...

Filed under:
  • 07-22-2009 09:26 AM In reply to

Ta for that, Kuroneko. I'd imagine that for the purposes you describe, most people in Australia would just go for a motorcycle cruiser of some sort, with hard panniers, and not bother with anything scooter-like at all.

organiser Hobart Motor Scooter Club

Cool gear and Vespa seat covers at cosmicbreed.com

For info on the National Scooter Rallies open to all riders, go to National Scooter Rally

Remember, don't spend all your time posting on scooter forums - get out there and ride your scooter...
  • 07-22-2009 09:58 AM In reply to

Kuroneko:
    Simple! In Aus scooters appear to be sometimes a lifestyle cafe-set choice, not a must-have, only mode of transport available. In Japan the big scooter does not sit in the garage waiting for a sunny day, it sits outside in the weather on the street as the only set of wheels for a lot of people.

Two-up cruising, commuting, shopping; these are work machines. Count how many scooters you see in Aus with two-up? When you need a two-up shopping device, you can bounce around hanging on like grim death on the back of an upright short wheelbase machine, or put the shopping in a huge trunk, stretch out comfortably, lean back, and chat on a long wheelbase two-up capable machine. The seat on the Maxam, with factory backrest is more than 1.5m long...

Spot on Neko. Australian's (for the most part) are a long way from adopting the scooter as their primary form of transport. Of course, everyone around here is the exception to the rule! Many Australians are inherently lazy and will defend their dependance on their car/s/ss because they 'think' they have to have them. For example, they'll drive past 10 different shops that sell bread, just to get bread at the Woolworths at the massive shopping center 12kms away... "but i need the car... and my wife need hers too". Then when people are confronted with this, they make more excuses "well, I'd ride a scooter all the time if I could get a Gemma in Australia..."      sure mate....

Love the pics though Neko, keep 'em coming. Maybe I'll move to Japan, although I don't think I'd be cool enough...

Tassie's number one scooter dealer.

www.scootershoplaunceston.com.au

info@scootershoplaunceston.com.au
  • 07-22-2009 10:36 AM In reply to

the scooter shop:
    Maybe I'll move to Japan, although I don't think I'd be cool enough...

Sure you would! We all look like this here:

Page 2 of 9 (121 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last »

ADVERTISEMENT

©2007 ScooterSales.com.au