Scooter
Community

in
ADVERTISEMENT
Vespa

Bluetooth Headsets

Last post 12-22-2011 04:28 PM by hisnhers. 15 replies.
Page 1 of 2 (16 items) 1 2 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 07-21-2009 04:29 PM

• dozer.
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 10-26-2008
    • Albury, N.S.W
    • Posts 2,432

Bluetooth Headsets

Hey,

I just noticed the scala rider banner here, and clicked the link to see what the fuss is. I think the scala rider may be a great option. Looks decent. Anyone use bluetooth in there helemts? No, I didnt do that banner, just looking for for a headset.

DOZER.
  • 07-21-2009 05:07 PM In reply to

• Clarry
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-17-2008
    • Bonnet Bay, Sydney
    • Posts 153

Re: Bluetooth Headsets

I have one of the original Scala bluetooth headsets that I bought off ebay a year or two ago. Bargain at the time, I paid only $50.00 for it. They seem to sell for $200 or so now. Anyway it worked quiet well although I had an open face helmet at the time so it was a bit muffled. I never got the chance to test it in a full face helmet because I stupidly dropped it & broke off the mike. I got a mate to re-solder it but it was weakened & keeps breaking again so it's useless now. The only hassle I found was I would constantly leave it turned on by mistake & flatten it. The connection was very good. You turn it on & it would automatically pair with my phone. When a call came in it would let out an audible beep then connect to the call without me having to fiddle around finding buttons whilst riding. I recommend them.

• 07-21-2009 05:31 PM In reply to

I'd recommend too.  I've got one on my Nolan, and its splendid.  I've taken to listening to the radio whilst I ride now, and find not having that background noise on becomes rather disconcerting!    Phone calls come through easily via Bluetooth, I'm just annoyed that I hadn't invested in a voice activated dial out so I can phone the missus on the ride home.

If you want to get some feedback of use "in extremis" then Bunnybash and Adam Tassell can provide you info.

Ace Scooters - practitioners to the scooter addicted.

www.acescooters.com.au
  • 07-22-2009 12:36 AM In reply to

• bradr
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 01-13-2009
    • Nowra NSW
    • Posts 2,036

yeh i do,i bought a blueant interphone system about 12 months ago,my wife and i use it regularly and i works well,has about 300 mtr range,good to about 85kph with open face helmets and nice quiet vespa gts,s,would be far more useable if we had full face though.

also very good for hands free phone set up,and works for playing music from my mobile phone,gets about 5 hrs between charges and takes about 30 mins to recharge--240 volt or 12 volt chargers come in kit,think it was about $250 or so for kit---2 headests,chargers etc,takes about 3 mins to fit to each helmet and changes very easily from one helmet to another.

was actually a very usefull tool when sharon "rosa" was learning to ride as she could ask questions along the way.

anybody looking for an intercom system--i could not recomend a better set up at the price and you can buy them via the net--they are in ryde in sydney and are a very helpfull lot to deal with .     www.blueant.com.au

cheers

dozer.:

Hey,

I just noticed the scala rider banner here, and clicked the link to see what the fuss is. I think the scala rider may be a great option. Looks decent. Anyone use bluetooth in there helemts? No, I didnt do that banner, just looking for for a headset.

Red ones always go faster but blue ones go pretty quick , but now blue ones are the way to go😄
  • 07-22-2009 01:04 AM In reply to

• Clarry
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-17-2008
    • Bonnet Bay, Sydney
    • Posts 153

Did a bit of research and came up with this post about Vemar Jiano Bluetooth Helmets. Perhaps an intergrated bluetooth/helmet setup would be better. Can't seem to find any sellers in Australia though.

• 09-22-2009 11:30 AM In reply to

I have a scala Q2 and it is a great unit.  I mainly use it for the mp3 connection and the connection with a GPS.  I got mine from these guys - www.lbhreatil.com.au - and they did me a good deal.

If you want any specific info let me know.

Cheers

• 09-22-2009 08:31 PM In reply to

Clarry:

Did a bit of research and came up with this post about Vemar Jiano Bluetooth Helmets. Perhaps an intergrated bluetooth/helmet setup would be better. Can't seem to find any sellers in Australia though.

This is an old thread I know... but http://www.thehelmetwarehouse.com.au can get the Vemar Jiano with Bluetooth.

• 09-23-2009 01:58 PM In reply to

• Linz
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-09-2008
    • Macarthur, NSW
    • Posts 914

Jabba,

Those guys did have the Jiano with bluetooth listed on their website, but now no more..did you speak with them??

Don't look at WHO started it up, look at WHAT has been started up.....
  • 09-24-2009 03:33 AM In reply to

used the Scala Q2 system extensively... amazing system  Range goes up to around 1km whilst doing over 100km/h.  Connects the GPS on my phone - the phone - music on my phone - othe Q2 systems - mp3 player and the kitchen sink...  highly highly recommend them!  I too bought mine from that lbhretail place mentioned above.  Love my Q2s they totaly revolutionised scooter riding for us!

Piaggio 250 BV type R

Aprilia Scarabeo 250ie
  • 12-19-2011 02:41 PM In reply to

What about the interphone F5? I;ve heard good things about F5 and scala... looking to weigh up options but cant seem to find as many reviews of F5. So if you know about it I would love to hear your opinion (i know this post is old but it relates!)

• 12-19-2011 03:29 PM In reply to

Has anyone connected a Bluetooth headset to an iPhone? I know that iPhone's can't Bluetooth info to another non-iPhone, so I was wondering if they have any issues with non-Apple headsets.

To scoot is to live!
    Scarlett the Harlot - 2008 vMoto Milan
    Gracie the Plucky Adventurer - 2005 GTS250ie
    I think I want a Scarabeo 500ie...
  • 12-19-2011 04:29 PM In reply to

We use Sena SMH10 headsets for Lead & TEC,

So far the test distance is easy 500metres, which is great should group of riders

get split by traffic lights. Smile

• 12-20-2011 12:26 PM In reply to

• Magnii
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-18-2011
    • Canberra
    • Posts 77

Rockabilly Kitty:

Has anyone connected a Bluetooth headset to an iPhone? I know that iPhone's can't Bluetooth info to another non-iPhone, so I was wondering if they have any issues with non-Apple headsets.

I have purchased a Scala Q2 twin pack for a mate for Xmas. We are each keeping one for our rides. I have tested to make sure it works and my iPhone paired with it without any issues.

• 12-20-2011 01:08 PM In reply to

I've got a Parrot SK4000.

http://www.parrot.com/usa/support/onlinehelpfiles/parrot-sk4000

It's pretty good, however, the outside portion is round like a hockey puck, so it creates wind noise like no tomorrow, effectively ruining your experience, because you can't hear the music over the wind noise.

I've recently got custom molded headphones.  So, I'll be cutting off the mini speakers and making a headphone socket, so I can use my new headphones.

Having the remote is well handy.

Haven't made a phone call on it though. Geeked

Kymco Xciting 500Ri ( About to sell )
  • 12-20-2011 07:26 PM In reply to

Magnii:

I have purchased a Scala Q2 twin pack for a mate for Xmas. We are each keeping one for our rides. I have tested to make sure it works and my iPhone paired with it without any issues.

Excellent news. Thanks for that

To scoot is to live!
    Scarlett the Harlot - 2008 vMoto Milan
    Gracie the Plucky Adventurer - 2005 GTS250ie
    I think I want a Scarabeo 500ie...
Page 1 of 2 (16 items) 1 2 Next >

ADVERTISEMENT

©2007 ScooterSales.com.au