Scooter
Community

in
ADVERTISEMENT
Vespa

Washing your scooter

Last post 08-12-2009 11:12 PM by Scootaway. 9 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 08-10-2009 01:05 PM

Washing your scooter

Hi guys

Is there any tips I should know about washing the scooter?

There are a few fine scratches on my bike that I know I could get out of my car with a little Meguiars Scratch X. I've got loads of Meguiars products wash, polish, wax, plastic conditioners, plastic headlight cleaners, metal polish, wheel cleaner.

Will these do the job? I see Meguiars are flogging their own Motorcycle range of products.

Also removing stickers.. any tips? I think the Honda Dealer decided to bling it up with a few Honda stickers over the place, but i'm not a huge fan of the look. 

Thanks!

• 08-10-2009 01:23 PM In reply to

Re: Washing your scooter

All those products will be OK just don't put anything on the tyers or the seat you don't want to go sliding down the road or slipping off the seat Smile

Si ‘Thi’ later
  • 08-10-2009 01:39 PM In reply to

I was wondering about this also.. I guess getting polish on the black plastic parks would cause it to streak...

Is it safe to take a hose to the scoot? Bit of car wash soap and water... and then hose it down?

2009-2011: Piaggio Fly 125
    2011-Present: Giallo Lime Vespa GTS 250ie

• 08-10-2009 01:45 PM In reply to

• AaronPM
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 07-21-2008
    • Sydney, NSW
    • Posts 269

flyrice:

Is it safe to take a hose to the scoot? Bit of car wash soap and water... and then hose it down?

I hose mine down!! And no problems there.  Depends on what sort of scoot.. And just be careful around the electrics!

Cheers

Aaron

2015 Matte Black Vespa GTS300
    2008 VESPA LX-150 - SOLD

BLACK IS THE NEW BLACK
  • 08-10-2009 02:50 PM In reply to

• dozer.
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 10-26-2008
    • Albury, N.S.W
    • Posts 2,432

Like Aaron, I hose my Vespa down, then that gets rid of grit. Then I use auto wash, and use a bucket of hot water and a sponge. Then I use an aloy mag-wheel brush to get the road grime off the wheels and around the gear/engine assembly, then hoes off again. Use a chamois to remove beaded water, then pat dry with a smooth cloth. Then I spray turtle wax spray all over, and use a micro-fibre to wipe off leaving it so fucking clean, you'd eat of it. I take at least 30 mins to properly clean it, but regular cleaning means less work next time around.
    DOZER.
  • 08-10-2009 06:55 PM In reply to

• veggie
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on 11-06-2008
    • Northern Beaches, Sydney
    • Posts 457

dozer.:
    use an aloy mag-wheel brush

what is an "alloy mag-wheel brush"... or do you mean you use an alloy wheel cleaner, put it on and scrub it with a brush?

and....

dozer.:
    turtle way spray all over

is this a new product? i know you can get turtle wax in a polish / liquid form but didn't know about a spray form..... sounds good!!!

Do tell!!!!

THE DREAM IS ALIVE!!! IT'S A VESPA AND IT'S ALL MINE!!!!
    WOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

It's name is WOW
  • 08-10-2009 06:55 PM In reply to

Before removing stickers, heat them up with a hairdryer and they will peel off more easily.

organiser Hobart Motor Scooter Club

Cool gear and Vespa seat covers at cosmicbreed.com

For info on the National Scooter Rallies open to all riders, go to National Scooter Rally

Remember, don't spend all your time posting on scooter forums - get out there and ride your scooter...
  • 08-10-2009 07:52 PM In reply to

Big Smile I leave my stickers alone i don't bother washing under them Sharon you are to keen Big Smile

Si ‘Thi’ later
  • 08-11-2009 09:07 AM In reply to

Silly boy, Pyrah! Stick out tongue

organiser Hobart Motor Scooter Club

Cool gear and Vespa seat covers at cosmicbreed.com

For info on the National Scooter Rallies open to all riders, go to National Scooter Rally

Remember, don't spend all your time posting on scooter forums - get out there and ride your scooter...
  • 08-12-2009 11:12 PM In reply to

veggie:
    is this a new product? i know you can get turtle wax in a polish / liquid form but didn't know about a spray form..... sounds good!!!

I'm curious too. Washing vehicles is one of my least favourite jobs and anything that makes it faster sounds great to me!

Does anyone wash underneath their scooter? Does ordinary auto wash get the grime off?

Riding a red HD200 when I'm not riding a bicycle.
Page 1 of 1 (10 items)

ADVERTISEMENT

©2007 ScooterSales.com.au