Scooter
Community

in
ADVERTISEMENT
ScooterAccessories

Down I went!

Last post 08-19-2009 12:40 PM by pyrah. 69 replies.
Page 3 of 5 (70 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 08-14-2009 09:45 AM In reply to

• Jax
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-23-2008
    • Sydney
    • Posts 3,129

Re: Down I went with Lil Brute

Will everybody please STOP FALLING OFF !!!!! Tongue Tied

Need scooter parking? www.mcnetwork.com.au on the web or on your iPhone or Android phone
    MCNetwork - using Google maps to plot every parking spot, every dealer, every shop - linked to every product for your scooter.

• 08-14-2009 10:13 AM In reply to

• petegailey
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-03-2008
    • Cleared off, up the Mid Nth Coast
    • Posts 7,090

Jax:

Best advice I've heard all week. Thanks Jax!

Daelim NS 125: Mighty 1st scoot from Korea that punched way above its weight. Sold
    Vespa GTS 250: Modern Retro brilliance. I'll ride it til it dies.Traded in on a maxi.
    Suzuki DR650: "That Thing" Excellent Single 650 thumper chook chaser that was too tall. Sold
    Yamaha T Max: Best Maxi out there and serious canyon racer. Sold
    Triumph Bonneville: Modern Retro brilliance with the sweetest parallel twin.
    BMW F800R: The Naked Hun. Great intro into sports bikes.
    Gilera Runner FXR 180: 2 stroke scooter missile from Piaggio.
    Gilera Nexus 500. Sexy like red Italian stilettos.
    Yamaha RZ250RR: Retro Japanese 2 stroke racer.
  • 08-14-2009 11:02 AM In reply to

Good thinking Jax lets hope this isn't contagious Yes

• 08-14-2009 12:01 PM In reply to

• mich_t
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-21-2009
    • Sydney
    • Posts 44

Glad to hear you're okay, CazP Big Smile

I seem to have started an unfortunate trend this week. Thank goodness the week is nearly over!

Although, I must say I felt very Roman as I went down. I remember seeing heaps of people slide off their scooters in heavy traffic in Rome (with no gear of course, other than helmet) and they would just get back on and keep going!! Mind you, they have cobble-stones, not tarmac. Would that be better or worse to fall on?

• 08-14-2009 12:48 PM In reply to

Cobble-stones or tarmac No both are not a good idea . On tarmac will you slide further so more gravel rash or would cobble-stones when you hit the small bumps cause more trauma . We need volunteers to try this out or a government grant to study it . As any body on the forum fallen of on cobble-stones or what do you think is the best surface to fall of on Smile

• 08-14-2009 01:23 PM In reply to

• Jax
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-23-2008
    • Sydney
    • Posts 3,129

I haven't fallen off on cobbles - but I know which I would prefer to RIDE on....

On Santorini (Greek Isle) most of the island is paved with marble cobblestones. We hired a scooter and went to the top of this mountain to Ancient Thira ... up about 20 hairpin switchbacks for about 5 kms. We then had to come down again - at about 10k/ph - 2up on a 125cc Sportcity. Terrific fun - only took about 3 hours to get the feeling back in my legs Wink

Need scooter parking? www.mcnetwork.com.au on the web or on your iPhone or Android phone
    MCNetwork - using Google maps to plot every parking spot, every dealer, every shop - linked to every product for your scooter.

• 08-14-2009 01:41 PM In reply to

Bet you will remember that trip for the rest of your life Jax . Have you ever watched the Paris - Roubaix bike race on cobblestones its not called Hell of the north for nothing  the only cobblestones i have ridden on are some in the Yorkshire dales that was enough . How did the old timers manage when most roads where cobblestone

• 08-15-2009 02:54 PM In reply to

• petegailey
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-03-2008
    • Posts 7,090

Re: Down went Phatvespa

petegailey:

Jax:

Best advice I've heard all week. Thanks Jax!

Phatvespa got knocked over by a reversing 4WD in a carpark this morning! It was a beautiful day until I parked Phatvespa in a carpark of a push bike shop. I'm in buying a tube for my sons bicycle when the shop attendant tells me my scooters been hit. I run out side to see Phatvespa on the ground and the driver of a big grey 4WD looking at it. "Fu@<ing 4WD's" I yell as I pick my poor scoot off the ground. "I couldn't see it" he retorts. I'd parked 6 metres behind him!  Bugger!  Broken Taillight, RH Indicator, bent brake lever, scratched mirror, side panels, scratched rear end. Nothing was badly damaged and it still rides ok. Mostly cosmetic. Took it to My Scooter to get a quote. $1000 in damages. Geeze Louize! When's it going to stop?

Daelim NS 125: Mighty 1st scoot from Korea that punched way above its weight. Sold
    Vespa GTS 250: Modern Retro brilliance. I'll ride it til it dies.Traded in on a maxi.
    Suzuki DR650: "That Thing" Excellent Single 650 thumper chook chaser that was too tall. Sold
  • 08-15-2009 03:28 PM In reply to

Bad look Petegailey maybe reversing cameras should be compulsory on vans & 4WDs could have been a child standing there . Hope you got is insurance details but a pain & hassle having your scooter off the road from no fault of your own

• 08-15-2009 03:34 PM In reply to

• Jax
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-23-2008
    • Sydney
    • Posts 3,129

petegailey:
    Phatvespa got knocked over

Bugger damn Pete !!

Make sure you get every little scratch fixed won't ya Wink

• 08-15-2009 03:53 PM In reply to

• dozer.
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 10-26-2008
    • Albury, N.S.W
    • Posts 2,432

OH NO PETE.... Thats *** as. I was just thinking today that I'd better order some FACO crash bars, not only cos they look great, but because they help prevent damage to the scoot in cases like yours. What side did it end up on, left of right? Can you show me a photo of the damage? Man thats real crap luck. I hope insurance, or the 4WD driver will pay damages.
    DOZER.
  • 08-15-2009 04:04 PM In reply to

WTF? Couldn't see it?! How can you get any more visible than a bright yellow scooter?! Maybe you should put one of those red flags on, like the 4WDs do on mining sites.

Sorry to hear it Pete!

Wanda
    Today 50 (2,500km), Montego. Fly (2,500km), Le Grande (7,000km), Vespa PX (200km), Vespa GTS250ie (46,000km), now looking at the world through Ruby coloured glasses on a Vespa GTV300ie Vie Della Moda.
  • 08-15-2009 04:35 PM In reply to

i hope you got his details so his insurance company can pay for the repairs. that was an admission of guilt on his part.

argentum melle
  • 08-15-2009 05:07 PM In reply to

• dbm
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-05-2009
    • Posts 270

Re: Down I went!

On my way across the Storey Bridge (Brisvegas) this morning, I noticed 2 small scooters heading south with each in it's own lane.  The lead scooter, with pillion, must have been startled when the scoot went over the expansion strip in the mid span of the bridge.  The handlesbars were suddenly all over the place. I was sure I was going to witness a major smearing across the road.

Somehow she managed to get the scoot back under control.

I'm sure they must have gone  and changed their pants latter!

Lucky, sooooo velly lucky.

DBM

• 08-15-2009 06:21 PM In reply to

• petegailey
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-03-2008
    • Posts 7,090

Jax:

petegailey:
    Phatvespa got knocked over

Bugger damn Pete !!

Make sure you get every little scratch fixed won't ya Wink

The 4WD driver contacted me this afternoon. I feel a bit sorry for him, he's being very co operative and it looks like its going to be covered with his insurance, and yes Jax I wll be getting every little scratch fixed. Show you tomorrow. Scratches are on the left hand side as this was the side that hit the tarmac . Thanks for your support everyone, Im getting over it now but I sure was  pissed off when it happened.

Page 3 of 5 (70 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next >

ADVERTISEMENT

©2007 ScooterSales.com.au