Scooter
Community

in
ADVERTISEMENT
Vespa

wa scooter test

Last post 05-17-2014 12:39 PM by Alex. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 08-13-2009 08:07 PM

• dillz
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 08-13-2009
    • perth wa
    • Posts 7

wa scooter test

just wondering how hard the scooter practical test is?
    and also what it involes?

also i was wondering if i shud get some lessons before hand or can i just go for it and get it?

cheers guys

p.s any advice on how to pass would be appreciated

mci aien
    - malosi sport 70cc kit
    - malossi multivar
    - malossi filter
    - malossi x kevlar belt
  • 08-18-2009 11:29 AM In reply to

• SteelMoon
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on 05-04-2008
    • PERTH , WESTERN AUSTRALIA
    • Posts 420

Re: wa scooter test

You should get lessons before a practial test , it only can help the actual practial test .

dillz:

just wondering how hard the scooter practical test is?
    and also what it involes?

also i was wondering if i shud get some lessons before hand or can i just go for it and get it?

cheers guys

p.s any advice on how to pass would be appreciated

• 08-18-2009 12:34 PM In reply to

Just a personal opinion if the examiner knows you have had lessons they will be more inclined to pass you as you are wanting to learn to ride properly 

• 01-28-2010 02:41 AM In reply to

pyrah:

Just a personal opinion if the examiner knows you have had lessons they will be more inclined to pass you as you are wanting to learn to ride properly 

This ^
    Also it helps to know what your doing, I had 9 lessons (bit of an overkill), did 366kms on my scooter before my test, on the test just act confident and remember headchecks, stop at stop signs, don't cut your corners, indicate, and don't speed. I got no strikes, was an easy test, surprisingly.

• 05-17-2014 12:39 PM In reply to

• Alex
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-08-2009
    • Perth, Western Australia
    • Posts 33

I failed my first attempt at Morley, but passed on my second at Willagee.

The assessor for my first test was quite unfriendly, to the point of rudeness. Don't know if he's like that all the time, but it certainly didn't help that he seemed to be in a bad mood also.

However on my second attempt, the assessor (different guy from the first) was friendly and jovial, and I thoroughly enjoyed the ride, and passing the test was a bonus!

I agree with the points made by other posters also. If they know you have had sufficient lessons, and can prove that you are safe and know the road rules, you will most likely pass, so long as you don't stuff up your "figure o's"!Confused 

2013 TGB X-Motion 300i
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)

ADVERTISEMENT

©2007 ScooterSales.com.au