Scooter
Community

Hi all from a new Manhattan 125 scooter owner

Last post 08-17-2009 09:02 PM by miketl. 7 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 08-15-2009 05:39 PM

• adz351
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 08-15-2009
    • Newcastle, NSW
    • Posts 2

Hi all from a new Manhattan 125 scooter owner

Hi all

Iv just bought a new Manhattan 125L and 500km down im very happy with it. I was first attracted by the cheap price, so I read all the scootersales reviews plus all your good & bad feedback from this forum and was impressed enough after testing one to buy it. Its plenty fast enough for what I will use it for and im happy with the way it turns and stops so I didnt have a problem with it being made in China.  Total use will be a return trip to work & back each day of about 6km's and it will be garaged to reduce exposure so im looking forward to years of happy scooting.

Safe riding and catch you all soon

Adz

• 08-15-2009 05:54 PM In reply to

• Jax
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-23-2008
    • Sydney
    • Posts 3,129

Re: Hi all from a new Manhattan 125 scooter owner

adz351:
    Total use will be a return trip to work

Famous last words... Wink

First it's just for work... then it's just down the beach... then it's popping to the shops... and before you know it your hooked!! Cool

Welcome aboard Adz

Need scooter parking? www.mcnetwork.com.au on the web or on your iPhone or Android phone
    MCNetwork - using Google maps to plot every parking spot, every dealer, every shop - linked to every product for your scooter.

• 08-15-2009 07:29 PM In reply to

Welcome  adz351 keep us informed how the Manhattan 125 goes if nothing else the advertisements for them look good

Si ‘Thi’ later
  • 08-15-2009 07:49 PM In reply to

i agree with you jax .my missus does not ride or ride pillion on my scoot and i am always finding excuses just to go for a ride on my scooter

when its on the road even if i ride at 65ks plus in the middle of winter teeth chattering  hands freezing while ridiing

brisvegas resident
  • 08-15-2009 09:20 PM In reply to

Hi there!

Sounds like you did some research and got a scoot to meet your needs!

I've never had a Manhattan (I was considering one, but there were no agents in WA at that particular time!), but I have read a few things about the weakness of the rear rack... So be a bit careful there! (there's a thread current at the moment actually - http://scootercommunity.com.au/forums/t/11500.aspx )

Other than that, good on you for joining the fraternity! Be safe!

With the absolute kindest regards

Live the Dream - Ride a Scoot!! Preferably a Daelim S1!!! Troy Corser knows how good these scoots are, cos he's got one!!!!!
  • 08-15-2009 11:19 PM In reply to

• adz351
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 08-15-2009
    • Newcastle, NSW
    • Posts 2

Thanks, ill be careful of rear rack breaking, it says "no lift" on it, so ill either use the side stand or my full weight on the centre stand gets it up there ok.   I got the taste for scooters in the late 90's traveling thru Greece, its been a long time between rides and didnt really need or want a scooter so bad as to spend 5 to 8 grand on one cause I have 3 cars but this was so affordable and looked like fun I thought id suck it and see.  If it has faults ill get them fixed under warranty & sell it, if its trouble free ill enjoy a great Newcastle summer on two wheels.

• 08-17-2009 07:36 PM In reply to

• allen
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 07-19-2007
    • Sydney NSW Australia
    • Posts 6,248

yeh welcome adz , keep us updated and maybe a review if you have time in the future

Advertise your scooter for FREE on Scootersales.com.au
    www.scootersales.com.au
    www.quadsales.com.au
  • 08-17-2009 09:02 PM In reply to

• miketl
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 10-08-2007
    • Kingston, Southern Tassie
    • Posts 755

adz351:
    I have 3 cars but this was so affordable and looked like fun I thought id suck it and see.  If it has faults ill get them fixed under warranty & sell it, if its trouble free ill enjoy a great Newcastle summer on two wheels.

Congratulations, adz351, and welcome to the Community.  I like your approach to this purchase which means you can only win, whatever happens.  As others have said. let us know how it turns out.  Am sure too that you wont be limiting your riding to commuting to work.  It somehow expands to every other reason for hopping aboard.

Good luck,  Mike

Riding an 08 Vespa PX 200, and a 2012 Harley Sportster 883 Superlow
    previously big red Audrey an Aprilia Scarabeo 500ie, an Aprilia Scarabeo 200, and originally a Suzuki F50 Step-through
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)

ADVERTISEMENT

©2007 ScooterSales.com.au