Scooter
Community

Vintage vespa scooter/engine work.

Last post 06-19-2010 11:54 PM by ChrisT69. 32 replies.
Page 2 of 3 (33 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-05-2009 07:08 PM In reply to

Re: Vintage vespa scooter/engine work.

Personally i think the fun of owning old bikes/scooters is to work on them yourself

Si ‘Thi’ later
  • 10-05-2009 07:39 PM In reply to

• niks
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 01-22-2009
    • Melbourne
    • Posts 1,114

I thought so too till one day I put my velocette scooter together and found a couple of parts left over, after stripping it down discovered the boys at work had got a couple of bits from another bike i had stripped ready to do and left them in the box i was working with, lucky they were good mates boy i was pissed for a while though.

Majesty YP 250 plus. "the way to go".
  • 10-06-2009 10:56 AM In reply to

I havent had a scooter for 25 years +,had a few when i was a young mod,but i will be honest and say i was never the best mechanically.Ideally i would like to be able to do most of the jobs that need doing,its just handy to know that there is someone who knows his onions in a time of crisis!!

I talk a lot of sh1t a lot of the time,people should remember that...(Paul Weller)
  • 10-06-2009 02:46 PM In reply to

• niks
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 01-22-2009
    • Melbourne
    • Posts 1,114

People who can use their brains and hand skills with  co ordination are becoming a rare breed today. Instead of councils and governments handing facilities and cash, hand over fist to the arty tarty types. I believe some 60% of this money needs to be directed to preserving and teaching the hand skills of making/repairing things mechanical /electrical using basic hand tools. or better still bring back our technical high schools.

Majesty YP 250 plus. "the way to go".
  • 10-06-2009 04:15 PM In reply to

niks:

blah blah

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz..............

organiser Hobart Motor Scooter Club

Cool gear and Vespa seat covers at cosmicbreed.com

For info on the National Scooter Rallies open to all riders, go to National Scooter Rally

Remember, don't spend all your time posting on scooter forums - get out there and ride your scooter...
  • 10-06-2009 04:37 PM In reply to

are you sure your not a reptilian shape shifter niks

good can be bad and bad could be good

Indifferent

dont get struck by a truck
  • 10-06-2009 09:40 PM In reply to

• Blam
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-25-2008
    • Nowhere near you, thank God.
    • Posts 437

niks:

I believe some 60% of this money needs to be directed to preserving and teaching the hand skills of making/repairing things

I think it should be either 49.7% or 73.58% depending on the government in power at the time, the mean daily maximum temperature and average rainfall the previous year.

• 10-07-2009 11:02 AM In reply to

The horror stories about imported scooers are well known,not all are bad though are they?? Has anyone had any dealings with companies such as Powderscooter,Vespaworld etc who all trade on ebay etc? Cheers,Bill

I talk a lot of sh1t a lot of the time,people should remember that...(Paul Weller)
  • 10-07-2009 11:51 AM In reply to

Sure, there are some good machines amongst the bad, but I think it really is a lucky dip. Vespaworld, are they the ones in QLD who say "ports cut for improved reliability" (???) ? I would take anything they say with a pinch of salt. Could be good, could be bad... but in the end, they want your $$$s so who really can tell until they buy and have the scooter for a while?

organiser Hobart Motor Scooter Club

Cool gear and Vespa seat covers at cosmicbreed.com

For info on the National Scooter Rallies open to all riders, go to National Scooter Rally

Remember, don't spend all your time posting on scooter forums - get out there and ride your scooter...
  • 10-07-2009 11:59 AM In reply to

Big Smile As they say you pay your money and take your chance Stick out tongue but reading in the scooter magazines and on web sites there are more dogs than gods coming out of Asia Big Smile

Si ‘Thi’ later
  • 10-07-2009 02:23 PM In reply to

• bradr
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 01-13-2009
    • Nowra NSW
    • Posts 2,034

bill thepill:

The horror stories about imported scooers are well known,not all are bad though are they?? Has anyone had any dealings with companies such as Powderscooter,Vespaworld etc who all trade on ebay etc? Cheers,Bill

yes,i bought my 66 vbc through powderscooter just on 2yrs and 11000kms ago and have had no problems at all.

i can not fault its restoration,the bodywork is perfect,motor is as reliable as the day is long,handles very well etc.

would happily buy off them again.

cheers   brad

Red ones always go faster but blue ones go pretty quick , but now blue ones are the way to go😄
  • 10-07-2009 07:40 PM In reply to

cheers,thats reassuring to know,their feedback is very good so far on ebay,good luck with the scooter,Bill

• 10-07-2009 09:58 PM In reply to

• Blam
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-25-2008
    • Nowhere near you, thank God.
    • Posts 437

I'd trust ScootRS to do a good job - the other ones seem to come and go so often you don't know whether they build bodges or good ones.

• 10-17-2009 10:40 AM In reply to

• VCQ
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 10-16-2009
    • Posts 24

That was me that posted the original message.

Also run the Vespa Club of Qld.

VCQ

http://www.kickstartscooters.com
  • 10-17-2009 10:41 AM In reply to

• VCQ
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 10-16-2009
    • Posts 24

SharonVespaGirl:

Sure, there are some good machines amongst the bad, but I think it really is a lucky dip. Vespaworld, are they the ones in QLD who say "ports cut for improved reliability" (???) ? I would take anything they say with a pinch of salt. Could be good, could be bad... but in the end, they want your $$s so who really can tell until they buy and have the scooter for a while?

Or rip the head off for starters....

http://www.kickstartscooters.com
Page 2 of 3 (33 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next >

ADVERTISEMENT

©2007 ScooterSales.com.au