Scooter
Community

Aprilia SR50 factory

Last post 06-22-2013 08:46 PM by Haribolman. 13 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (14 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 08-17-2009 07:31 PM

• sparow
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 07-30-2009
    • Posts 5

Aprilia SR50 factory

I just stop for sec to say thanks to good advise ! Thanks to forum people!

I bought Aprilia SR50R Factory,2006 with just over 3000km cost me $2.900 and it is fuel incjection, nice sporty looking scooter i think it is worth every cent !

I can say it is fast, no chance there is better scooter in 50cc class ,up hill or down hill it really took my breath away :)

Once again thanks!

Aprilia SR50R Factory
    Diaboloblack/Red
  • 08-17-2009 08:57 PM In reply to

• dbm
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-05-2009
    • Posts 270

Re: Aprilia SR50 factory

My SR50 was a lot of fun in the wet or dry.  The brakes and handling were excellant for a small scooter.

Traffic lights were the best part when the cager realised they weren't as quick off the mark. Big Smile

Enjoy

Greg

• 08-19-2009 11:16 AM In reply to

Congradulations on your 2006 Aprilia SR50 Factory purchase....

Since you have posted in the Scooter owner ''review'' subsection, it would be good if you could give us a  comprehensive ''review'' of your SR (here on this thread) when your ready. 

• 09-04-2009 09:30 PM In reply to

• R1hoon
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on 10-02-2007
    • Brisbane
    • Posts 439

You have VERY good TASTE !!!

Ok I'm biased - I've got a '05 SR50 Factory, they're great fun scoots. I've had a guy on a sports bike come up to me at the lights an say  -

"Jeese that's a quick little scooter - what is it a 125 or something ???"     

" Nah mate it a 50 !!!! "

I was going to write a witty and clever comment here, then thought "naa screw it" -- I'm just gunna be a smart a$$.
  • 09-09-2009 08:32 PM In reply to

• sparow
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 07-30-2009
    • Posts 5

Thanks , heheh

I was at traffic light with my frend he has TGB101S De-restricted I am farrrr awayy hehehe ,next traffic light i have to pull on side wait for him hehe it is so fanny ! He get up set asking me "What you done to your scooter that is not 50cc hehehe ? See it has digital display so it is at least 150 hahah

It is realy nice scooter I am tall and this is only one 50cc scooter which is suits me ,the looks,perfomance,,,,,at one stage i thought to bay brand new but thing is the new one has carburator and different between the carburator and fuel injection is really  WOW!!!

Aprilia SR50R Factory
    Diaboloblack/Red
  • 10-23-2009 12:32 AM In reply to

you guys need to try the new model SR50 factory with the carby.

A ditec with a pipe and mapped will beat the carb with a pipe and tuned off the line. But the carb will catch it and pass it.

Built one recently with multivar kevlar belt 70cc kit and pipe. My god what a nice little scooter. Don't know what the top speed is as it was a customers scoot, but the ditec we were tagging it against got lunched.

Speed handling and take off this package has it all.

regards

Karl

2 strokes are just more fun
  • 02-16-2010 09:17 PM In reply to

Yeh truu they sr50s do look good and modded up even  better....wish i bought a sr50

but hay yamaha aerox's still goood =))))

Tyson (Tyler)

• 03-24-2013 04:55 PM In reply to

...maybe more potential for tuning a carbed model in Australia but the ditechs are absolute howlers for around town....if somewhat fragile...very clean burning compared with the carbed models...Big Smile

....lets have another drink...
  • 03-24-2013 04:58 PM In reply to

....oops just realised how old this thread was....still good to rehash a thread about the ditech SR50.... if they were not so expensive I am sure there would be heaps of them around...Stick out tongue

....lets have another drink...
  • 05-03-2013 03:42 PM In reply to

• allen
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 07-19-2007
    • Sydney NSW Australia
    • Posts 6,248

Yes very old now. Adam at the Scootershop on the GC has had probably the most experience with these things. (from a dealers perspective) If you need info, parts or tips he his team is a good starting point.

He prepped most of the Leminz SR's over the last few years.

Advertise your scooter for FREE on Scootersales.com.au
    www.scootersales.com.au
    www.quadsales.com.au
  • 05-03-2013 05:43 PM In reply to

I just bought an SR50 from Adam at the scooter shop. Very professional and a great experience.

Vespa PX150
    Polini 177
    Match ported
    Opened rotary pad
    Mip cut crank
    Sip 24si carb
    Cosa 22 primary upgear
    Polini exhaust
  • 06-19-2013 09:28 AM In reply to

jimscoot:

I just bought an SR50 from Adam at the scooter shop. Very professional and a great experience.

Really, Jim lad? Back to the SR50. Just like the good old days. What year?

I sold my '02 after 9 years and bought an immaculate '07 three years ago. Suh a nice step up from the '02! And of course it's fitted with hidden remote LED lighting and many other goodies!!

Why Be Normal?
  • 06-22-2013 08:32 PM In reply to

Haribolman:

jimscoot:

Really, Jim lad? Back to the SR50. Just like the good old days. What year?

I sold my '02 after 9 years and bought an immaculate '07 three years ago. Suh a nice step up from the '02! And of course it's fitted with hidden remote LED lighting and many other goodies!!

Bought a new 2012 model. Full polini Corsa kit, crank, 21mm carb upgear..etc. Had Precision Scooters in Brisbane do it up for me and tune the carb. Just waiting on a Yasuni R pipe to complete it. Great fun to ride.

Vespa PX150
    Polini 177
    Match ported
    Opened rotary pad
    Mip cut crank
    Sip 24si carb
    Cosa 22 primary upgear
    Polini exhaust
  • 06-22-2013 08:46 PM In reply to

jimscoot:
    Bought a new 2012 model. Full polini Corsa kit, crank, 21mm carb upgear..etc. Had Precision Scooters in Brisbane do it up for me and tune the carb. Just waiting on a Yasuni R pipe to complete it. Great fun to ride.

Carb? Yeah, that's the only prob with the most recent years. No Ditech! And the Digidash is nowhere as impressive on the carb. No tacho!

Why Be Normal?
Page 1 of 1 (14 items)

ADVERTISEMENT

©2007 ScooterSales.com.au