Scooter
Community

are you being avoided

Last post 08-20-2009 08:02 PM by pillionp. 41 replies.
Page 2 of 3 (42 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 08-19-2009 07:41 PM In reply to

Re: are you being avoided

15UZU:

wleung:

Are you really tall and big? That's enough to intimidate people I think :D.

Close to 6ft tall & 105kg, and dressed in black......works for me! Big Smile Cool

th

that looks feaking cool i like that face mask thingy where can i get 1

brisvegas resident
  • 08-19-2009 07:42 PM In reply to

• niks
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 01-22-2009
    • Melbourne
    • Posts 1,114

dozer.:

AaronPM:

I look out for the signs requesting me to take it off, there is none.

Man, I take mine off as soon as Im not riding. I didnt know you could still wear them in a shop etc. I guess 'bank robber' comes to mind!

I carry the momo inside the shops, and use it as a small shopping basket if I dont need much.

Hehehehe Dozer uses the momo for a small shopping bag hmmm Im not going to go there matey, can you fit the same as a coles basket lol???

Majesty YP 250 plus. "the way to go".
  • 08-19-2009 07:45 PM In reply to

if you where here in qld scooternut i would join you for sushi and coffe i love sushi i make it all the time at home and my young children love it to

brisvegas resident
  • 08-19-2009 07:58 PM In reply to

• mate
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 06-16-2009
    • Perth, Western Australia
    • Posts 52

Scooternut:

You forgot coffee & sushi!

Didn't know Dozer was into either... I'm very much a coffee snob I have to say...

Scooternut:

Admittedly I use pcs mostly out of laziness but also out of concern that the software I need to use isn't compatible with MAC.

Does anyone know if Autocrud & Micro$tation are MAC compatible?

You'd have to go to their respective websites to check system requirements, but I don't believe so.

Having said that, you can run any Windows software on a Mac these days. (The newer Macs with the Intel chips, anyway.) There is a Windows-only program we have to use for course development, plus Windows-only browsers for testing our websites etc. so we use a "virtual machine" to run Windows on our Macs. (We use VMWare Fusion. Parallels is also not bad.)

Just be aware a virtual machine uses a lot of resources so whether or not you should take that path depends on your computer's specs and the demands on resources from both the "guest" OS (operating system) and the apps you want to run.

Wanda — you're clearly a very classy person, judging by the scooter you ride. Can you really not have a Mac and retain your cred?

Wink

Vicki. :-)
    DistinctiveWeb: Professional Web Design and Development http://www.distinctiveweb.com.au
    blog: http://www.vickisvapours.com
  • 08-19-2009 09:00 PM In reply to

I got a surprise when I went into Lithgow McDonalds, helmet under arm and other riding gear on, the people in the queue I joined all wanted me to go in front of them, I said that I was still deciding what to have but they said that they wanted to wait...It has happened there twice! Once in the food line and a month later in the 'cafe' - coffe line. It was odd.

Removed due to stalker
  • 08-19-2009 09:02 PM In reply to

• AaronPM
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 07-21-2008
    • Sydney, NSW
    • Posts 269

MattpurpleSSS:

I got a surprise when I went into Lithgow McDonalds, helmet under arm and other riding gear on, the people in the queue I joined all wanted me to go in front of them, I said that I was still deciding what to have but they said that they wanted to wait...It has happened there twice! Once in the food line and a month later in the 'cafe' - coffe line. It was odd.

Did you gear look like cop gear :D

Dont complain to loudly.. You might get relegated to the back of the line!!

2015 Matte Black Vespa GTS300
    2008 VESPA LX-150 - SOLD

BLACK IS THE NEW BLACK
  • 08-20-2009 12:52 PM In reply to

niks:
    i ask why Im discriminated against as i wear it for religius reasons lolhehehehe.End of conversation

After six years of going to the same bottle shop finally got asked to remove my helmet. Protesting I said "Its open face,  I'm wearing my uniform, anyway Muslims are allowed to wear the Burqa/hijab so why can't I? he replied "Muslims don't drink."

www.scooterhq.com.au

Where the scooters roam free
  • 08-20-2009 01:21 PM In reply to

Scooter HQ:

niks:
    i ask why Im discriminated against as i wear it for religius reasons lolhehehehe.End of conversation

After six years of going to the same bottle shop finally got asked to remove my helmet. Protesting I said "Its open face,  I'm wearing my uniform, anyway Muslims are allowed to wear the Burqa/hijab so why can't I? he replied "Muslims don't drink."

Big SmileBig SmileBig SmileBig Smile

Tassie's number one scooter dealer.

www.scootershoplaunceston.com.au

info@scootershoplaunceston.com.au
  • 08-20-2009 01:52 PM In reply to

• dozer.
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 10-26-2008
    • Albury, N.S.W
    • Posts 2,432

mate:
    Didn't know Dozer was into either... I'm very much a coffee snob I have to say...
    Add Vespa, Momo, Mac, Coffee & Sushi to the list for me.... I love my coffee in the morning, I get it from a local coffee co. Coffee Mamma. one of the store managers rides an LX150, so coffee must be in the same theme as other things with Vespas..... BTW Mate, http://www.wmedia.com.au/wmedia/Parallels.html great app!!! plus I did the banner.. hehehehe

DOZER.
  • 08-20-2009 02:27 PM In reply to

• mate
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 06-16-2009
    • Perth, Western Australia
    • Posts 52

dozer.:

Add Vespa, Momo, Mac, Coffee & Sushi to the list for me.... I love my coffee in the morning, I get it from a local coffee co. Coffee Mamma. one of the store managers rides an LX150, so coffee must be in the same theme as other things with Vespas.....

Heh... I generally only have one coffee a day but it has to be good. Smile We have a nice espresso machine at home and buy our coffee freshly roasted direct from a local roaster, 5 Senses Coffee http://www.fivesensescoffee.com.au who are in Rockingham. They roast on order and deliver the next day (unless you pick it up from them) — superb service and delicious fresh coffee! When out, I rarely order coffee unless I know it's one of the few good places for coffee in Perth. Next time I'm in one, I'll find out if the owner or barista rides a Vespa! Wink

dozer.:

BTW Mate, http://www.wmedia.com.au/wmedia/Parallels.html great app!!! plus I did the banner.. hehehehe

Hehe... by banner you mean the animated Parallels thingummy, not the masthead thingummy? It's very nice. Smile (Though having used both extensively I still prefer VMWare Fusion to Parallels. Stick out tongue

Vicki. :-)
    DistinctiveWeb: Professional Web Design and Development http://www.distinctiveweb.com.au
    blog: http://www.vickisvapours.com
  • 08-20-2009 02:32 PM In reply to

For the best coffee around, I go to The Scooter Shop Launceston...

They use DiLorenzo beans, roasted in Sydney. Expensive, but worth it...Yes

Tassie's number one scooter dealer.

www.scootershoplaunceston.com.au

info@scootershoplaunceston.com.au
  • 08-20-2009 03:10 PM In reply to

Coffee is overrated. I'd rather have a nice Lambrusco and a pizza... yummm.

organiser Hobart Motor Scooter Club

Cool gear and Vespa seat covers at cosmicbreed.com

For info on the National Scooter Rallies open to all riders, go to National Scooter Rally

Remember, don't spend all your time posting on scooter forums - get out there and ride your scooter...
  • 08-20-2009 03:17 PM In reply to

• dozer.
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 10-26-2008
    • Albury, N.S.W
    • Posts 2,432

SharonVespaGirl:
    Coffee is overrated. I'd rather have a nice Lambrusco and a pizza... yummm.

Get off this stuff Sharon,  and onto nice coffee, and you'd understand

DOZER.
  • 08-20-2009 03:22 PM In reply to

Haven't drunk that stuff since I was a poor student! One of my friends is such a coffee Nazi that he spent 2 grand on a cafe quality machine, and one grand on a grinder, so he has attempted to indoctrinate me into the ways of coffee. I still think it's nothing more than an overrated beverage, although I like a nice Jarrah mocha, with extra milk, ta.

organiser Hobart Motor Scooter Club

Cool gear and Vespa seat covers at cosmicbreed.com

For info on the National Scooter Rallies open to all riders, go to National Scooter Rally

Remember, don't spend all your time posting on scooter forums - get out there and ride your scooter...
  • 08-20-2009 04:42 PM In reply to

Big Smile TEA Big Smile

Si ‘Thi’ later
Page 2 of 3 (42 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next >

ADVERTISEMENT

©2007 ScooterSales.com.au