Scooter
Community

New Aprilia SC One 125 Rider

Last post 10-17-2009 10:42 PM by double diffa. 11 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (12 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 08-25-2009 04:17 PM

• YeahNo
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 08-25-2009
    • Posts 3

New Aprilia SC One 125 Rider

Hi All, picked up my first scoot in July after passing the RE practical.  Loving the bike and have put quite a few K's on it already (even in some of the inclement Perth weather of late).   Decided to get a scooter mainly for travelling to the CBD for work purposes but I have to say I'm hooked and dislike driving the car now.  Roll on summer Cool  Looked at a few different models but ended up chosing the Aprilia.  Not the most sophisticated bike around but 14" wheels work well and it looks great in black.  Also the headlights seemed very good as I need to ride at night a bit.   Very happy so far, although I haven't seen a single other SC One rider in Perth yet so I'm a bit nervous about parts availability, should the need arise.  Cross that bridge when it comes.

One slight problem which I'm not sure is inherent to this model or may be a fault - the fuel gauge is fairly ordinary.  Four re-fuels now and each time the gauge drops from full to empty after about 90Ks, even though there is still about half a tank left.  Slightly annoying as the the needle drops so fast I can just about watch it while riding!  (slight exageration) I'll check with the dealer but does anyone know these things can be re-calibrated, or is it something I'll have to live with?  It's new and under warranty so I'm hoping it can be fixed.

• 08-25-2009 04:39 PM In reply to

Re: New Aprilia SC One 125 Rider

Aprilia+warranty= you will be waiting aloooooooooong time for parts!

• 08-25-2009 04:48 PM In reply to

• Dakoda
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 09-27-2007
    • Brisbane Bayside
    • Posts 6,372

YeahNo:

Hi All, picked up my first scoot in July after passing the RE practical.  Loving the bike and have put quite a few K's on it already (even in some of the inclement Perth weather of late).   Decided to get a scooter mainly for travelling to the CBD for work purposes but I have to say I'm hooked and dislike driving the car now.  Roll on summer Cool  Looked at a few different models but ended up chosing the Aprilia.  Not the most sophisticated bike around but 14" wheels work well and it looks great in black.  Also the headlights seemed very good as I need to ride at night a bit.   Very happy so far, although I haven't seen a single other SC One rider in Perth yet so I'm a bit nervous about parts availability, should the need arise.  Cross that bridge when it comes.

One slight problem which I'm not sure is inherent to this model or may be a fault - the fuel gauge is fairly ordinary.  Four re-fuels now and each time the gauge drops from full to empty after about 90Ks, even though there is still about half a tank left.  Slightly annoying as the the needle drops so fast I can just about watch it while riding!  (slight exageration) I'll check with the dealer but does anyone know these things can be re-calibrated, or is it something I'll have to live with?  It's new and under warranty so I'm hoping it can be fixed.

You own a lovely Aprilia, no concern there about parts, readily available.

As it is new, things are still wearing in, give it time, and wait till at least first service, see how it's going then.

2008-Venice White Aprilia Scarabeo 200 "Marty"
    48,000kms and wriiten off. RIP 2008-2012
    2012 - 2009 Red Aprilia Scarabeo 200
    Named Bomber. 8,000kms in 5months
  • 08-25-2009 05:33 PM In reply to

You might need to get a new sender unit.  If its reading empty long before it should be, it might be damaged.

Ace Scooters - practitioners to the scooter addicted.

www.acescooters.com.au
  • 08-26-2009 03:28 PM In reply to

• YeahNo
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 08-25-2009
    • Posts 3

Thanks for the advice!  The fuel gauge is no big deal really, just enjoying being out on the road at the moment.  If it does turn out to be a warranty issue, at least I'll be able to report back with my experiences - positive or negative!  Cool

Cheers.

• 08-26-2009 04:10 PM In reply to

• Jax
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-23-2008
    • Sydney
    • Posts 3,129

I LOVE my Aprilia SC 250 (and the 200 I had before this one)... never a problem with warranty or parts or anything.

Tyres however are a different story - but that is another company not shipping enough of them to Australia - not John Sample's fault.

My fuel gauge is electronic and has 6 bars when full. I can go for nearly 200kms and it won't budge off 6 bars - then it'll go 5..4..3..2..1 within about 60 kms.

No big deal - I learned to live with it Stick out tongue

Need scooter parking? www.mcnetwork.com.au on the web or on your iPhone or Android phone
    MCNetwork - using Google maps to plot every parking spot, every dealer, every shop - linked to every product for your scooter.

• 08-26-2009 04:40 PM In reply to

Jax:
    Tyres however are a different story - but that is another company not shipping enough of them to Australia
    What tyres you been chasing Jax?

Tassie's number one scooter dealer.

www.scootershoplaunceston.com.au

info@scootershoplaunceston.com.au
  • 08-26-2009 04:46 PM In reply to

ARider:
    Aprilia+warranty= you will be waiting aloooooooooong time for parts!

What a load of Bullshit.

As for facts on Aprilia warranty we had a warranty claim for a sender unit for one of these, warranty submitted & part fitted to the scooter in less than 48 hours. As it turns out the gauge measures about 6ltrs of the 7.5lt tank but doesn't include the last 1.5 to 2ltrs which is actually reserve & shouldn't be shown on the gauge

www.scooterhq.com.au

Where the scooters roam free
  • 08-26-2009 04:49 PM In reply to

• Dakoda
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 09-27-2007
    • Brisbane Bayside
    • Posts 6,372

Jax:

I LOVE my Aprilia SC 250 (and the 200 I had before this one)... never a problem with warranty or parts or anything.

Tyres however are a different story - but that is another company not shipping enough of them to Australia - not John Sample's fault.

My fuel gauge is electronic and has 6 bars when full. I can go for nearly 200kms and it won't budge off 6 bars - then it'll go 5..4..3..2..1 within about 60 kms.

No big deal - I learned to live with it Stick out tongue

Mine was the same on the SC125, I would get to 120kms amd WHOOSH, the bars would just disappear!  You learn to guage your guage, with the Beo, it's one stroke for a L, so once the light comes on I have about a Litre left!  Time to fill up.  I have found I like the analogue guages better, as they just seem to be a little more accurate.  But as I said, it's all a learning curve in knowing your scooter

2008-Venice White Aprilia Scarabeo 200 "Marty"
    48,000kms and wriiten off. RIP 2008-2012
    2012 - 2009 Red Aprilia Scarabeo 200
    Named Bomber. 8,000kms in 5months
  • 08-26-2009 04:59 PM In reply to

• Jax
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-23-2008
    • Sydney
    • Posts 3,129

the scooter shop:

Jax:
    Tyres however are a different story - but that is another company not shipping enough of them to Australia

Maxxis - read this thread

Need scooter parking? www.mcnetwork.com.au on the web or on your iPhone or Android phone
    MCNetwork - using Google maps to plot every parking spot, every dealer, every shop - linked to every product for your scooter.

• 08-26-2009 05:22 PM In reply to

Jax:
    the scooter shop:
    Jax:
    Maxxis - read this thread
    I see....

Sava have a new distributor in Aus, and they're working hard to get some traction in the market (excuse the pun). Tell them what you need, and they'll bend over backwards to get it.

Tyres can be a bit of an oddity. For example- there is a Michelin Australia head office, but they don't actually bring the tyres in. Each of the individual state distributors bring their own tyres in directly, and choose what models and sizes to bring in. As they are all individual businesses, they're not obliged to bring a particular size or model in. So you might find good supply of one type of tyre in SA, but not available in QLD... Crazy hey!! Our Michelin man down here is happy to bring in any size required (only about 8 weeks wait if he doesn't have it in stock), but he only looks after Tassie, which is the smallest scooter tyre market in the country...

Tassie's number one scooter dealer.

www.scootershoplaunceston.com.au

info@scootershoplaunceston.com.au
  • 10-17-2009 10:42 PM In reply to

My guage is gradual, but doesn't include the reserve as stated earlier.

I am thinking of adjusting the sender unit, and will let you know how it goes.

One other thing I did to my SC1, was wire the two head lights together for high beam, makes night riding in the back blocks a lot safer, much better spread.

It's the same as when you hold your finger on the pass switch, high and low both on together.

I checked the amperage draw, and all should be fine, time will tell.

After my first service,(two days time) I am going to remove the air box restrictor, and rejet the carbie.

Then I might make myself a pipe. Smile

2008 Peugeot Geopolis 250 EFI
Page 1 of 1 (12 items)

ADVERTISEMENT

©2007 ScooterSales.com.au