Scooter
Community

Firenze belt replacement

Last post 06-03-2015 05:15 PM by Oliver. 39 replies.
Page 1 of 3 (40 items) 1 2 3 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 09-04-2009 04:47 PM

• SteelMoon
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on 05-05-2008
    • PERTH , WESTERN AUSTRALIA
    • Posts 420

Indifferent [:|] Firenze belt replacement

I would like to know if a Sym Frienze scooter to replace a drive belt and roller cost $300.00 , If that the right cost for replacement ???

Rang Scotomoto Osburne Park - and they told me to replace belt and rollers for a sym frienze 250cc is $300.00 parts and labour is that right , i thought it a bit expensive ???

Surprise

• 09-04-2009 09:37 PM In reply to

Re: Firenze belt replacement

Sounds like a fair deal to me. A few bucks more than Tassie rates, but it's about on par with what I would expect in a big city location. As I sit here watching the footy this evening, I think the genuine belt is $170+ and rollers would probably be $30 or so, and then some labour...

If you want a second opinion in your city, ask Steve at Ace Scooters...

Tassie's number one scooter dealer.

www.scootershoplaunceston.com.au

info@scootershoplaunceston.com.au
  • 09-05-2009 10:52 AM In reply to

Re: GTS windshield/flyscreen

It depends on whether you use original or after-market parts.  Last Firenze belt we changed cost $79 plus rollers (about $45 off the top of my head) and 30-45 minutes to fit depending on the state of the transmission ($45-68).  Plus GST.   About $200.   

If genuine parts are being used.... SYM belt $194.90 plus GST, rollers $54 plus GST, plus fitting.  If so, then $300 doesn't seem unreasonable.

Ace Scooters - practitioners to the scooter addicted.

www.acescooters.com.au
  • 09-05-2009 01:21 PM In reply to

Big Smile Steve Ware's rollers on the top of his head i hope you have a nice perm Stick out tongue

• 09-05-2009 03:18 PM In reply to

pyrah:

Big Smile Steve Ware's rollers on the top of his head i hope you have a nice perm Stick out tongue

If only I had the hair for rollers Wink   And the rest is curly enough...

www.acescooters.com.au
  • 09-17-2009 04:23 PM In reply to

steve@ace:

It depends on whether you use original or after-market parts. 

Are after market parts O.K with warranty ?

• 09-17-2009 06:23 PM In reply to

Service@SelectScootas:

steve@ace:

For Select products, you tell me.  What consumable items can be used without impacting warranty, and what can't?   The last Firenze belt change we did was a scoot which was out of warranty anyway, but I'm intrigued to know for future reference.  Brake pads, belts, rollers, oil filters, oils?

www.acescooters.com.au
  • 09-17-2009 07:29 PM In reply to

• SteelMoon
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on 05-05-2008
    • PERTH , WESTERN AUSTRALIA
    • Posts 420

Can you please tell where online can I get aftermarket parts for sym Frienze 250cc ???

I have everywhere online ,there seems to no aftermarkets part for the sym frienze at all , the only alternative I have is the sym genuine parts , which I think that they are expensive to buy !!!

It is funny when I look at aprila or paggio , there seems alot aftermarkets parts from performance exhausts to a rear tail light.

Retail Genuine Parts For Sym Are Expensive ,aftermarket would help the prices go down .

Service@SelectScootas:

steve@ace:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2007 Sym Frienze Maxi 250cc , that are quite expensive Genuine Parts.

• 09-18-2009 01:20 PM In reply to

SYM will only warrant genuine parts

• 09-18-2009 01:44 PM In reply to

Service@SelectScootas:

SYM will only warrant genuine parts

Not sure if I understand your response. So two questions. 

Firstly.  Are you stating that the genuine parts have warranty? If so, how much?

Secondly.  Are you suggesting that by use of non-genuine parts you immediately negate your warranty?  If so, would using non-genuine brake pads negate a warranty claim on, say an engine problem?

Sorry to be painfully specific on this, but I want to be clear.  If we service any SYM products which are within their warranty period (and we do), I don't want to do anything that might impact on your willingness to pay for the warranty work.   

So what constitutes genuine parts and what are considered consumables.  Belts?  Rollers?  Brake pads?  Brake disks?  Batteries?

www.acescooters.com.au
  • 09-18-2009 02:27 PM In reply to

SYM dont warrant consumables as is standard in the motor ind, For all other products please refer to your owners manual.

• 09-18-2009 03:26 PM In reply to

i take it then belts are consumables ?

• 09-18-2009 04:39 PM In reply to

I've always considered them so, but perhaps others don't.  If it affects warranty then I think we need clarification.

www.acescooters.com.au
  • 09-23-2009 11:57 AM In reply to

steve@ace:
    If it affects warranty then I think we need clarification

Lots of people use aftermarket Brake pads & particularly Drive Belts as they are half the price of genuine. I'm sure everyone appreciates Select don't warrant what they don't supply but if a dealer fits a non genuine drive belt does that effect the warranty of something like the final drive assembly?

www.scooterhq.com.au

Where the scooters roam free
  • 09-23-2009 04:22 PM In reply to

SYM hand book dose state that gen parts must be used, so if a scoota has a non gen part fitted it will affect warranty

Page 1 of 3 (40 items) 1 2 3 Next >

ADVERTISEMENT

©2007 ScooterSales.com.au