Scooter
Community

Summer of Riding

Last post 09-16-2009 02:21 PM by 404phil. 18 replies.
Page 1 of 2 (19 items) 1 2 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 09-08-2009 02:26 PM

• Jax
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-23-2008
    • Sydney
    • Posts 3,129

Summer of Riding

Last summer, Mr G did a reckie of the 6 dams run after having done the 5 ferries jaunt.

It's time we set a date and tackled this ride - eh Mr G...

And then we can do the 23 bridges and the 30 something surf clubs... or all the harbour beaches (particularly Obelisk Bay coz it has family significance)... and then after that we can go have a drink in the Sydney NRL clubs or visit some war memorials - who knew there are 41 memorials in the 2000 postcode alone Indifferent

We're gonna have one busy summer Cool

Whatcha reckon Pete - wanna do some route planning?

Need scooter parking? www.mcnetwork.com.au on the web or on your iPhone or Android phone
    MCNetwork - using Google maps to plot every parking spot, every dealer, every shop - linked to every product for your scooter.

• 09-08-2009 03:08 PM In reply to

• Linz
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-09-2008
    • Macarthur, NSW
    • Posts 914

Re: Summer of Riding

Don't look at WHO started it up, look at WHAT has been started up.....
  • 09-08-2009 04:49 PM In reply to

• Jax
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-23-2008
    • Sydney
    • Posts 3,129

That's a great site - i put all my European trips on there when it was first launched.

Unfortunately it got a bit jammed up with rubbish and repeats of the same rides... needs a damn good index Wink

Need scooter parking? www.mcnetwork.com.au on the web or on your iPhone or Android phone
    MCNetwork - using Google maps to plot every parking spot, every dealer, every shop - linked to every product for your scooter.

• 09-08-2009 08:43 PM In reply to

• petegailey
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-03-2008
    • Cleared off, up the Mid Nth Coast
    • Posts 7,090

Jax:

Last summer, Mr G did a reckie of the 6 dams run after having done the 5 ferries jaunt.

And then we can do the 23 bridges and the 30 something surf clubs... or all the harbour beaches (particularly Obelisk Bay coz it has family significance)... and then after that we can go have a drink in the Sydney NRL clubs or visit some war memorials - who knew there are 41 memorials in the 2000 postcode alone Indifferent

Isn't Obelisk bay a nudist beach. Hmmmm, We could do the 4 nudist beaches. Cobblers, Reef, Obelisk and Lady Jane.

As far as the 6 Dams is concerned I did a recco one afternoon and got three of them, Woronora, Cataract and Cordeaux. Great picnic grounds, Just need to link up with Avon and Nepean then head back north to Warragamba then east to home. Linz did put it up on the map website. Id like to do it. It requires a little back tracking around Wilton area but its an interesting run if you like art decco public works.

Daelim NS 125: Mighty 1st scoot from Korea that punched way above its weight. Sold
    Vespa GTS 250: Modern Retro brilliance. I'll ride it til it dies.Traded in on a maxi.
    Suzuki DR650: "That Thing" Excellent Single 650 thumper chook chaser that was too tall. Sold
    Yamaha T Max: Best Maxi out there and serious canyon racer. Sold
    Triumph Bonneville: Modern Retro brilliance with the sweetest parallel twin.
    BMW F800R: The Naked Hun. Great intro into sports bikes.
    Gilera Runner FXR 180: 2 stroke scooter missile from Piaggio.
    Gilera Nexus 500. Sexy like red Italian stilettos.
    Yamaha RZ250RR: Retro Japanese 2 stroke racer.
  • 09-08-2009 10:05 PM In reply to

• Jax
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-23-2008
    • Sydney
    • Posts 3,129

petegailey:
    4 nudist beaches. Cobblers, Reef, Obelisk and Lady Jane.

... and you know this how???

petegailey:
    Id like to do it.
    Pick a date Wink

• 09-08-2009 11:54 PM In reply to

petegailey:

Jax:

Isn't Obelisk bay a nudist beach. Hmmmm, We could do the 4 nudist beaches. Cobblers, Reef, Obelisk and Lady Jane.

As far as the 6 Dams is concerned I did a recco one afternoon and got three of them, Woronora, Cataract and Cordeaux. Great picnic grounds, Just need to link up with Avon and Nepean then head back north to Warragamba then east to home. Linz did put it up on the map website. Id like to do it. It requires a little back tracking around Wilton area but its an interesting run if you like art decco public works.

Did somebody say nudist beaches?

Now that would be a ride with some memorable scenery!

Mack Truck
  • 09-13-2009 09:16 PM In reply to

• Jax
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-23-2008
    • Sydney
    • Posts 3,129

5 dams

• 09-13-2009 09:27 PM In reply to

• Jax
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-23-2008
    • Sydney
    • Posts 3,129

Can't start the day without coffee

Dam One - Woronora - we managed to lose Jenny and Tris... but they found us again

Dam Two - Cataract

Who me ???  Embarrassed Ride across the dam.... the sign said no bicycles Wink

Dam Three - Cordeaux

Not a cloud in the sky Cool

Dam Four - Nepean

Dam Five, Avon, was closed - and so was the Burrugarang Lookout for Dam Six.... next time Stick out tongue

• 09-13-2009 09:28 PM In reply to

• petegailey
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-03-2008
    • Posts 7,090

Summer is HERE! 30C Fantastic Day

Daelim NS 125: Mighty 1st scoot from Korea that punched way above its weight. Sold
    Vespa GTS 250: Modern Retro brilliance. I'll ride it til it dies.Traded in on a maxi.
    Suzuki DR650: "That Thing" Excellent Single 650 thumper chook chaser that was too tall. Sold
  • 09-13-2009 09:35 PM In reply to

• petegailey
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-03-2008
    • Posts 7,090

We are Sydney Coz We Can and we want to ride across! and we are GOING to ride across

• 09-13-2009 11:16 PM In reply to

petegailey:

We are Sydney Coz We Can and we want to ride across! and we are GOING to ride across

Nice pics, Pete. Looks like a great day of riding & look-out points.

Love to join you all again. Maybe in this coming school holidays.

All the best!

Mack Truck
  • 09-14-2009 11:09 AM In reply to

• haylz
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-23-2009
    • Perth
    • Posts 278

Fantastic photos!! Looks like you had a great day!

Jax I was going to leave a stern comment about your lack of jacket, until I saw it was 30 degrees!! Hahaha

Man I wish I was there for this one! Awesome!

Scooter SeƱora

Totally addicted to to my Vespa
  • 09-14-2009 11:41 AM In reply to

• Jax
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-23-2008
    • Sydney
    • Posts 3,129

haylz:
    I was going to leave a stern comment about your lack of jacket

hehehehe yes - note the absence of Audi's on the dam Stick out tongue

• 09-14-2009 03:23 PM In reply to

• Linz
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-09-2008
    • Macarthur, NSW
    • Posts 914

spewing I missed it, but with the wife being forced off the road on thurs(in a car) and me working 9 days straight to Sat arvo..I think I was a case of "go, but dont come back" if I went...

Don't look at WHO started it up, look at WHAT has been started up.....
  • 09-14-2009 06:47 PM In reply to

• Man218
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-15-2008
    • Liverpool, NSW
    • Posts 131

Linz:

I think I was a case of "go, but dont come back" if I went...

I feel for you, Linz Stick out tongue

I have to work last Sunday, BUMP!!!! Super Angry

Life is even better with Silverwing 07
Page 1 of 2 (19 items) 1 2 Next >

ADVERTISEMENT

©2007 ScooterSales.com.au