Scooter
Community

in
ADVERTISEMENT
Aprilia

Hit by a car today

Last post 09-26-2009 03:35 PM by bradr. 28 replies.
Page 1 of 2 (29 items) 1 2 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 09-23-2009 10:08 PM

Hit by a car today

Just like the title says. I was pulling out of a car park, going to turn left into the flow of traffic. A fellow pulling into the carpark (he was turning right into it) drove straight into the side of my almost stationary vehicle. The front right of his car hit the middle right side of my poor scooter, and poor me too! He did not hit me very hard, but still knocked me off the scoot, and the scoot onto me. He got out of the car, apologising profusely and told me he did not see me (of course....why else would he drive into the side of me!). He was very nice about it, gave me his details, and we parted ways.

My poor scarabeo is royally screwed, and I suspect that it will be going to an early burial. At least scarabeos go to heaven when they dieSmile

I on the other hand am basically ok, just a neck which is getting sorer by the minute!

Adam

Scarabeo 500ie. J costa variator, Giannelli Exhaust, Malossi Cam, Dr Pulley Clutch, and SX appeal cup holder. GONE

Bought a ducati, missed scootering so now riding a Vespa 300 super. Polini variator, PM tuning exhaust, Malossi clutch springs jettin bar ends with mirrors, heated grips and still an SX appeal cup holder.
  • 09-23-2009 10:12 PM In reply to

• Paul
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 05-16-2008
    • Brisbane
    • Posts 652

Re: Hit by a car today

Sorry to hear about your 'off', geez ppl say the strangest things lol. 

Hopefully you will heal and be pain free soon and the insurance will cover the scoot - hopefully sooner rather than later

Cheers,
    Paul

Now Scarabeo 300 June 11 with Arrow pipe..oh yea!
    previously Scarabeo 200 (with gpr pipe) Oct 09 - June 11 (18,450km)
    previously Vmoto Monaco Apr 09 -Oct 09

*lusting after a GTS, but a few good models for 2013*

• 09-23-2009 10:15 PM In reply to

• R1hoon
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on 10-02-2007
    • Brisbane
    • Posts 439

adamtassell:
    apologising profusely and told me he did not see me

Translated to - " I wasn't looking"

adamtassell:
    just a neck which is getting sorer by the minute

That's whiplash !!! Lots-a rest and self-medicate with muscle relaxant (comes in bottles, 24 to a pack, marked "BEER") 

I was going to write a witty and clever comment here, then thought "naa screw it" -- I'm just gunna be a smart a$$.
  • 09-23-2009 10:22 PM In reply to

• petegailey
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-03-2008
    • Cleared off, up the Mid Nth Coast
    • Posts 7,090

NO! Thats terrible! Im really sorry to hear that Adam, and your beloved beo too! Red in the morning is the sailors warning! Get well soon.

Daelim NS 125: Mighty 1st scoot from Korea that punched way above its weight. Sold
    Vespa GTS 250: Modern Retro brilliance. I'll ride it til it dies.Traded in on a maxi.
    Suzuki DR650: "That Thing" Excellent Single 650 thumper chook chaser that was too tall. Sold
    Yamaha T Max: Best Maxi out there and serious canyon racer. Sold
    Triumph Bonneville: Modern Retro brilliance with the sweetest parallel twin.
    BMW F800R: The Naked Hun. Great intro into sports bikes.
    Gilera Runner FXR 180: 2 stroke scooter missile from Piaggio.
    Gilera Nexus 500. Sexy like red Italian stilettos.
    Yamaha RZ250RR: Retro Japanese 2 stroke racer.
  • 09-23-2009 10:24 PM In reply to

damn. Sorry to hear it Adam. I'm glad you were able to get the driver's details & he was so good about it, still it's not a situation you would wish on anyone.

Get yourself checked out.

Wanda
    Today 50 (2,500km), Montego. Fly (2,500km), Le Grande (7,000km), Vespa PX (200km), Vespa GTS250ie (46,000km), now looking at the world through Ruby coloured glasses on a Vespa GTV300ie Vie Della Moda.
  • 09-23-2009 10:40 PM In reply to

Thanks for all the well wishes guys. I must admit I never thought I would be a person that got hit!I am so very careful to be as aware of my surroundings as possible. There was really nothing I could do to avoid being hit, i just had nowhere to go. I was pretty much sitting still when he hit me. I thought he would stop, I was right in front of him, maybe only five feet from his eyes when he drove into me!

I am getting over the shock of it just now, starting to feel quite off!

On the downside, I loved that scoot! I cant see it not being sent to scooter heaven though.

On the upside, if the scoot gets written off then I will try to get some parts of it..... I am sure cold cola will buy my exhaust and variator from me......really really cheap!

Scarabeo 500ie. J costa variator, Giannelli Exhaust, Malossi Cam, Dr Pulley Clutch, and SX appeal cup holder. GONE

Bought a ducati, missed scootering so now riding a Vespa 300 super. Polini variator, PM tuning exhaust, Malossi clutch springs jettin bar ends with mirrors, heated grips and still an SX appeal cup holder.
  • 09-23-2009 10:42 PM In reply to

R1hoon:

adamtassell:
    apologising profusely and told me he did not see me

Translated to - " I wasn't looking"

It was impossible to not see me if he was looking up at all! I was right infront of him when he hit me!

• 09-23-2009 10:54 PM In reply to

Sorry about your off now you have the hassle of being off the road till it gets sorted out

Si ‘Thi’ later
  • 09-24-2009 01:42 AM In reply to

• mate
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 06-16-2009
    • Perth, Western Australia
    • Posts 52

How awful! I hope everything (and especially your soreness) gets sorted out quickly.

Vicki. :-)
    DistinctiveWeb: Professional Web Design and Development http://www.distinctiveweb.com.au
    blog: http://www.vickisvapours.com
  • 09-24-2009 03:29 AM In reply to

time to find a good chiro i reckon...

yeah i saw the scoot tonight, it is wrecked... hopefully tomorrow we can get him back on the road on a red GTS 250ie Vespa!!!  We will see...

Cold Cola... you need to get some PMs sent to Adam fast, there is a few items there which turn the Beo into a 0-100 in 6sec monster... snap em up!!

I was next in line to inherit the Beo, so I am quite sad for teh scooter too, still if you can get hit by a car and walk away from it with no cuts, broken bones or concussion - it is time to be thankful!!

Piaggio 250 BV type R

Aprilia Scarabeo 250ie
  • 09-24-2009 10:52 AM In reply to

Adam - man, that's a total disaster.  Who are these blind retards?  It should be immediate dangerous or reckless driving - so many motorists seem to enter carparks and switch their entire processing power onto finding a bay that they completely ignore anything else around them, and also totally forget how to drive properly.  The columns outside our shop show the damage caused where cars have driven into them - usually front on.

But make sure that you see a doctor about any injuries.  And get them documented/photographed.

Ace Scooters - practitioners to the scooter addicted.

www.acescooters.com.au
  • 09-24-2009 04:35 PM In reply to

Sad news Adam. I agree with others who suggest to get yourself checked out. We pay big insurance for this stuff. Now I guess that many of us are not youngsters but was this bloke old?  Or on the mobile phone? The sooner the new laws that ban even holding the things whilst driving the better (Vic that is). Or worse still he just did not see you. Anyhow, good luck with getting a new scooter and the salvage operation, and your body. 

• 09-24-2009 04:50 PM In reply to

The Beo has just arrived (Adam rode it up) and the damage is largely superficial rather than structural, but as is often the case in these situations, on both sides and all over the scooter.  So it'll be expensive enough to sort out - so hopefully the f'wit driver has a large excess fee to have to pay!!

Ace Scooters - practitioners to the scooter addicted.

www.acescooters.com.au
  • 09-24-2009 05:15 PM In reply to

i am glad you are alive. get to a doctor to check. they can give you better drugs than just beer. the scooter can be repaired or replaced, you can't!

argentum melle
  • 09-24-2009 05:39 PM In reply to

• Dakoda
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 09-27-2007
    • Brisbane Bayside
    • Posts 6,372

silverflyer:

i am glad you are alive. get to a doctor to check. they can give you better drugs than just beer. the scooter can be repaired or replaced, you can't!

That's a damm shame, but glad you are okay.  Considering they are no longer bringing in the Beo 500's (another damm shame) I wish you the best of luck in a replacement.

The amount of driver's that claim they didn't see a scooter (regardless of size) is just way too much.  I think it's more of a case of they weren't looking, or were doing something else, rather than a case of "I didn't see ya there mate"

Adam get yourself to a  doctor, get checked out, just in case, as a lot of the time, the injuries dont show straight away, and you will certainly pay for it later, better to be safe than sorry, especially since you have the dudes details and all.

2008-Venice White Aprilia Scarabeo 200 "Marty"
    48,000kms and wriiten off. RIP 2008-2012
    2012 - 2009 Red Aprilia Scarabeo 200
    Named Bomber. 8,000kms in 5months
Page 1 of 2 (29 items) 1 2 Next >

ADVERTISEMENT

©2007 ScooterSales.com.au