Scooter
Community

DONT TOUCH MY SCOOTER!

Last post 10-19-2009 08:58 PM by dave_S1. 35 replies.
Page 2 of 3 (36 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-15-2009 09:50 AM In reply to

• Paul
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 05-16-2008
    • Brisbane
    • Posts 652

Re: DONT TOUCH MY SCOOTER!

Oh wow Pete, that is really bad news..I would be having some seriosuly strong words with the person who moved it or their car may have flat tyres one night.

It pi**es me off people who think  just coz it's a scoot or bike they can just move it.

Just out or curiosity where are you parkign in your units? Like in the way of others or?? Not an excuse but just curiousWink

Cheers,
    Paul

Now Scarabeo 300 June 11 with Arrow pipe..oh yea!
    previously Scarabeo 200 (with gpr pipe) Oct 09 - June 11 (18,450km)
    previously Vmoto Monaco Apr 09 -Oct 09

*lusting after a GTS, but a few good models for 2013*

• 10-15-2009 09:56 AM In reply to

Bloody hell Pete, that'd have to give you the shites!! Where do people get off, moving a scooter that isn't theirs to move. Like Dozer suggested- might need to get a forklift to shift his car...!

if you have a look on the underside of the guard, there will be a little number in a triangle- this will help identify the type of plastic which will help you find the best way of repairing it. Good luck...

Tassie's number one scooter dealer.

www.scootershoplaunceston.com.au

info@scootershoplaunceston.com.au
  • 10-15-2009 02:47 PM In reply to

• Linz
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-09-2008
    • Macarthur, NSW
    • Posts 914

TIME TO BLING IT !!!!!  GET A CHROME ONE !!!.....hehehehe

Don't look at WHO started it up, look at WHAT has been started up.....
  • 10-15-2009 03:18 PM In reply to

• dozer.
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 10-26-2008
    • Albury, N.S.W
    • Posts 2,432

I had a chrome one on the GT200, thats why I have a spare, from the original.
    DOZER.
  • 10-15-2009 04:09 PM In reply to

• SquALeD
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-26-2009
    • Perth, Western Australia
    • Posts 28

petegailey:
    The *** must have lifted the front of the scooter up by the mudguard when he moved it

This sort of thing really shits me, people with no respect for others property. Doesn't matter if it's someones bike, car, dog, hat, wife etc, you touch my stuff I'll rip yer spine out!

How much trouble would it have been for this *** to just contact you if there was a problem eh? Was the bike parked in a bad way?

Like the idea of the posters on the walls etc, someone might have seen something.A video solution is also good, I have this looking after my house and workshop other than that can you park it under cover Pete?

See the first paragraph as to what to do with them when you find out who it is!

07 Harley Davidson NightTrain
    09 Vespa GTS250ie
    Pimped Malvern Star pushie (For geocaching!)
    09 VMoto Monaco FOR SALE. PM me if interested
  • 10-15-2009 04:26 PM In reply to

Any chance of getting your scooter a safer park? You are still vulnerable and all the huffing and puffing I have read above could get you into more strife. I have seen a photo of Dozers scooter, in his living room!  Is this possible for you?

• 10-15-2009 04:39 PM In reply to

• niks
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 01-22-2009
    • Melbourne
    • Posts 1,114

Information can be found at this site  http://www.urethanesupply.com/   by viewing the how to section found on left side for all info about identifying plastics and repairing them.

Majesty YP 250 plus. "the way to go".
  • 10-15-2009 05:26 PM In reply to

• mate
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 06-16-2009
    • Perth, Western Australia
    • Posts 52

Really sorry to hear about all this, Pete. Quite apart from the damage, it is a violation. I hope it all settles down soon - and that you can find a safer place to park your scoot.

Vicki. :-)
    DistinctiveWeb: Professional Web Design and Development http://www.distinctiveweb.com.au
    blog: http://www.vickisvapours.com
  • 10-15-2009 05:49 PM In reply to

• butterfly
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 06-23-2009
    • South Island, New Zealand
    • Posts 54

Man some people are ignorant inconsiderate ar$es. I hope you catch them PeteG.

I have a slightly similiar problem, not people moving my scooter, but people who arrive to park in my street, find that all the spaces are full, then proceed to park in my private residental car space because its empty at the time.  Inconsiderate ignorant ar$es.  I come home, can't park in my own space and have to park on the street. I've left notes explaining how rude and inconsiderate they have been and have a residents only parking sign, but its different cars all the time. According to the council and police, I can't get them towed. What's up with that, they've left something on my property without permission, they're trespassing!

I'm lucky that I've got a lockable storage room accessible from the driveway to park the scoot overnight.

• 10-15-2009 07:29 PM In reply to

• Paul
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 05-16-2008
    • Brisbane
    • Posts 652

butterfly:
    but people who arrive to park in my street, find that all the spaces are full, then proceed to park in my private residental car space because its empty at the time.  Inconsiderate ignorant ar$es

Cant you get a post put up in your space? one of those removable/lockable ones. A) it's a security device if you had a car & B) If you don't you can easily use it for your rideSmile

Cheers,
    Paul

Now Scarabeo 300 June 11 with Arrow pipe..oh yea!
    previously Scarabeo 200 (with gpr pipe) Oct 09 - June 11 (18,450km)
    previously Vmoto Monaco Apr 09 -Oct 09

*lusting after a GTS, but a few good models for 2013*

• 10-15-2009 09:31 PM In reply to

• Blam
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-25-2008
    • Nowhere near you, thank God.
    • Posts 437

Perhaps get a disc lock with alarm and call the police as soon as it goes off. Take photos of the person and try and get them charged with attempt to steal.

• 10-16-2009 03:22 AM In reply to

but people who arrive to park in my street, find that all the spaces are full, then proceed to park in my private residental car space because its empty at the time

Leave a note on the windscreen: "Careful! I saw someone tampering with the underneath of your car! Police informed." You haven't done anything to the car, of course. If you're lucky, the perp will troll themselves good and hard by contacting roadside assistance...

I recommend wearing your gloves when writing the note. :)

• 10-16-2009 08:45 AM In reply to

• AaronPM
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 07-21-2008
    • Sydney, NSW
    • Posts 269

butterfly:

Man some people are ignorant inconsiderate ar$es. I hope you catch them PeteG.

I have a slightly similiar problem, not people moving my scooter, but people who arrive to park in my street, find that all the spaces are full, then proceed to park in my private residental car space because its empty at the time.  Inconsiderate ignorant ar$es.  I come home, can't park in my own space and have to park on the street. I've left notes explaining how rude and inconsiderate they have been and have a residents only parking sign, but its different cars all the time. According to the council and police, I can't get them towed. What's up with that, they've left something on my property without permission, they're trespassing!

I'm lucky that I've got a lockable storage room accessible from the driveway to park the scoot overnight.

Get your self a wheel lock.  And then clamp them!!  Make sure you use a hardened steel padlock.. Leave your number on the windscreen, and then wait for the call.. But dont go out till about an hour after they call :)

Have seen it done, and it works wonders.. Or the lockable post as described.

http://ramguard.com.au/specialized.html - Check out Park Guard.  Last photos.

Cheers

Aaron

2015 Matte Black Vespa GTS300
    2008 VESPA LX-150 - SOLD

BLACK IS THE NEW BLACK
  • 10-16-2009 11:52 AM In reply to

Only trouble is antagonizing the sort of idiots that damaged your scooter will probably make then do more damage to it Sad

Si ‘Thi’ later
  • 10-16-2009 01:19 PM In reply to

• INMA
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-19-2009
    • Posts 836

One of these might help.

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.23633

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.27127

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.25272

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.21760

As for people parking in your spot, glue the note to their windscreen so it does not blow away.

Or put a sign on the wall parking is $100 per hour, wheels will be clamped until paid in full and do clamp their wheel.

2001 Yamaha Zuma, DR Evo 68 cylinder, Leo Vince TT derestricted, Delorto 17.5 (#98 jet), standard aircleaner, RMS fan, Race CDI, Standard oiler and premix @ 75:1 Shell SX2, Doppler SR3 variator, RMS clutch, RMS R rear shock absorber and Pirelli SL26 tyres.
Page 2 of 3 (36 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next >

ADVERTISEMENT

©2007 ScooterSales.com.au