Scooter
Community

HOT ON THE BORDER TODAY

Last post 11-23-2009 09:02 AM by pyrah. 35 replies.
Page 2 of 3 (36 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 11-20-2009 09:19 AM In reply to

Re: HOT ON THE BORDER TODAY

steve@ace:
    Its been pissing down the last two days and I'm completely over it
    Two days??? Two days Steve?? I don't know how you cope.... This year, in Tassie, it rained for 20 weeks straight. Yep, 20 weeks. Not days, WEEKS! And I don't mean 20 weeks with a rainy day. I mean 20 weeks of solid, relentless, can't-mow-the-lawns-or-dry-the-washing, rain. The place was a quagmire.

hehehe, funny thing is, its been warm this week (near 30) and now everyone is complaining about the heat. Bloody Tasmanians!!!!!!

[talking in a slow drawl through my nasal cavity] "we...don'...like...this...global...warmin'...down...'ere...an'...all."

Tassie's number one scooter dealer.

www.scootershoplaunceston.com.au

info@scootershoplaunceston.com.au
  • 11-20-2009 10:36 AM In reply to

Big Smile Thank you Steve for the weather swap its 25`C and light rain at the moment Yes

Si ‘Thi’ later
  • 11-20-2009 11:09 AM In reply to

No problems.  Its currently 23 degrees here and sunny Big Smile 

We must do this again!

Ace Scooters - practitioners to the scooter addicted.

www.acescooters.com.au
  • 11-20-2009 11:12 AM In reply to

the scooter shop:

steve@ace:
    Its been pissing down the last two days and I'm completely over it
    Two days??? Two days Steve?? I don't know how you cope.... This year, in Tassie, it rained for 20 weeks straight. Yep, 20 weeks. Not days, WEEKS! And I don't mean 20 weeks with a rainy day. I mean 20 weeks of solid, relentless, can't-mow-the-lawns-or-dry-the-washing, rain. The place was a quagmire.

hehehe, funny thing is, its been warm this week (near 30) and now everyone is complaining about the heat. Bloody Tasmanians!!!!!!

[talking in a slow drawl through my nasal cavity] "we...don'...like...this...global...warmin'...down...'ere...an'...all."

Hey Cam, I didn't come to this country for rain - if I wanted that I could have stayed in Scotland!    So I can't understand anyone who would purposefully move to a wetter clime, unless of course you were the Man from Atlantis.

www.acescooters.com.au
  • 11-20-2009 02:14 PM In reply to

Would anyone like the 31 degrees we are currently having in Hobart???   It's just not right!   < closest I could find to a "sweaty" smiley...

organiser Hobart Motor Scooter Club

Cool gear and Vespa seat covers at cosmicbreed.com

For info on the National Scooter Rallies open to all riders, go to National Scooter Rally

Remember, don't spend all your time posting on scooter forums - get out there and ride your scooter...
  • 11-20-2009 03:41 PM In reply to

hi

Went over to Bendigo today to get a new back Sava tyre on the GTS, temp hit 38degs at 10.30am , got home before the change hit, now a nice temp  of about 26degs, not sure about bug removal.

cheers

john

• 11-20-2009 04:46 PM In reply to

• petegailey
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-03-2008
    • Cleared off, up the Mid Nth Coast
    • Posts 7,090

Gee It was only 42C in Sydney this arvo. Not worth stopping for a snap of the instrument panel. It has to be over 44C for that.

Daelim NS 125: Mighty 1st scoot from Korea that punched way above its weight. Sold
    Vespa GTS 250: Modern Retro brilliance. I'll ride it til it dies.Traded in on a maxi.
    Suzuki DR650: "That Thing" Excellent Single 650 thumper chook chaser that was too tall. Sold
    Yamaha T Max: Best Maxi out there and serious canyon racer. Sold
    Triumph Bonneville: Modern Retro brilliance with the sweetest parallel twin.
    BMW F800R: The Naked Hun. Great intro into sports bikes.
    Gilera Runner FXR 180: 2 stroke scooter missile from Piaggio.
    Gilera Nexus 500. Sexy like red Italian stilettos.
    Yamaha RZ250RR: Retro Japanese 2 stroke racer.
  • 11-20-2009 05:05 PM In reply to

petegailey:

Gee It was only 42C in Sydney this arvo. Not worth stopping for a snap of the instrument panel. It has to be over 44C for that.

Do you think thats a real 42C or is it just optimistic like scooter speedos are? Stick out tongue

www.acescooters.com.au
  • 11-20-2009 05:19 PM In reply to

• petegailey
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-03-2008
    • Posts 7,090

I think it reads the temperature just above the road. Thats why the readings often sound  optimistic. I checked the GTS against a thermometer at Thredbo. Two hours after the ride there was a few degrees difference between the Chalet verandah and the GTS. The GTS being warmer. The next morning there was only 1C difference so I figured the GTS thermometer was pretty close to accurate,

Its got to be a few degrees hotter sitting at the lights on a six lanes of tarmac,

Daelim NS 125: Mighty 1st scoot from Korea that punched way above its weight. Sold
    Vespa GTS 250: Modern Retro brilliance. I'll ride it til it dies.Traded in on a maxi.
    Suzuki DR650: "That Thing" Excellent Single 650 thumper chook chaser that was too tall. Sold
  • 11-20-2009 05:54 PM In reply to

Pete i am sending the weather over that Steve sent to me Cool

Si ‘Thi’ later
  • 11-20-2009 07:11 PM In reply to

wednesday was my first day at a new job , it was blowing like anything

the boss and i had a brick wall get blown on top of us .. ouchNo

thursday pissed down and we had to leave

today friday perfect 22 or so too easySmile

dont get struck by a truck
  • 11-22-2009 06:11 PM In reply to

• petegailey
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-03-2008
    • Posts 7,090

petegailey:

For the third day in a row, This pic coming back from the beach at 5.30pm. God knows what it would have been in the western suburbs. Still wearing boots, gloves and air flo coat Dozer.

• 11-22-2009 06:27 PM In reply to

• Jax
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-23-2008
    • Sydney
    • Posts 3,129

petegailey:
    God knows what it would have been in the western suburbs. Still wearing boots, gloves and air flo coat Dozer.

It was 47 when i left Homebush at 5.30pm... and I was wearing boots, gloves and jacket Stick out tongue

Need scooter parking? www.mcnetwork.com.au on the web or on your iPhone or Android phone
    MCNetwork - using Google maps to plot every parking spot, every dealer, every shop - linked to every product for your scooter.

• 11-22-2009 06:32 PM In reply to

• dozer.
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 10-26-2008
    • Albury, N.S.W
    • Posts 2,432

Was cool and wet all weekend here, didn't wanna get the scoots dirty.
    DOZER.
  • 11-23-2009 12:42 AM In reply to

• bradr
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 01-13-2009
    • Nowra NSW
    • Posts 2,034

dozer.:
    Riding home for lunch, the Temp guage said 43˚C, and that was out the front of my house. Riding today is terrible, theres a haze of dust, its windy, and its very reminiscent of Black Saturday. Sorry, cant bare to put on a jacket in this heat.

just got to go one better,wife and i rode from berkley(wollongong suburb) to nowra this arvo in 44 STINKIN DEGREES,the 2 gts,s  handled it with ease,but man--we were buggered 

Red ones always go faster but blue ones go pretty quick , but now blue ones are the way to go😄
Page 2 of 3 (36 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next >

ADVERTISEMENT

©2007 ScooterSales.com.au