Scooter
Community

Track Night Saturday 27th October Scooter HQ/Motorcycle Sportsmen of Qld

Last post 10-31-2007 10:41 PM by r4vi. 115 replies.
Page 1 of 8 (116 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last »
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-09-2007 12:48 PM

Track Night Saturday 27th October Scooter HQ/Motorcycle Sportsmen of Qld

It is on again - Track Night Saturday 27th October 5pm Ipswich Kart Track - Champions Way Willowbank

We have combined the two most successful & professionally run scooter motorsport evenings into one night. Rather than see our sport become fragmented The Motorcycle Sportsmen of Queensland & Scooter HQ have joined forces to take Scooter Motorsport to the next level.

The track nights are open to all scooters, cost is $70.00 or $50.00 if you already hold a MQ/MA Recreational License. These nights are NOT racing, that begins with the 6 hour on the 15th December and keeps running until April with a monthly race meeting.

ScooterHQ.com.au                      www.ScooterHQ.com.au

Motorcycle Sportsmen of Qld       www.motorcyclesportsmen.com.au 

www.scooterhq.com.au

Where the scooters roam free
  • 10-09-2007 04:49 PM In reply to

• Dakoda
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 09-27-2007
    • Brisbane Bayside
    • Posts 6,372

Re: Track Night Saturday 27th October Scooter HQ/Motorcycle Sportsmen of Qld

Not the night of the Justin Timberlake concert AND the night before my wedding annivesary

2008-Venice White Aprilia Scarabeo 200 "Marty"
    48,000kms and wriiten off. RIP 2008-2012
    2012 - 2009 Red Aprilia Scarabeo 200
    Named Bomber. 8,000kms in 5months
  • 10-09-2007 11:54 PM In reply to

Are you a commuter or a commited Scooterer? Come one Dak! It's worth celebrating both by throwing the BeeWee round Willowbank.

By hook or by Bl***y Crook, I'll be there.  Aerox350?  You coming? 

Ya just can't beat having a good tinker.....
  • 10-10-2007 07:17 AM In reply to

• Dakoda
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 09-27-2007
    • Brisbane Bayside
    • Posts 6,372

Maybe just maybe, husband might be nice and buy me a new scoot for the occasion

2008-Venice White Aprilia Scarabeo 200 "Marty"
    48,000kms and wriiten off. RIP 2008-2012
    2012 - 2009 Red Aprilia Scarabeo 200
    Named Bomber. 8,000kms in 5months
  • 10-10-2007 07:45 AM In reply to

Cool.

That's great news  :)

• 10-10-2007 08:32 AM In reply to

• RatRide
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on 10-07-2007
    • Brisbane, Australia
    • Posts 532

I don't think I'll have RatRide back together by then, but will come and watch, I think. And even if I did have it ready, it would still need to be run in, and I don't think a race track is the right place to do it. :-)

Was there a track night on tomorrow night? I have one in my diary, but can't find any details on it... Or has that been replaced with this one?

Matt black is the new black!

Vmoto Milan Tech Blog
    Vmoto Monza Tech blog

2003 Vmoto Milan
    2005 Vmoto "Monzta"
    2007 Suzuki M109R + scoot trailer
  • 10-10-2007 09:29 AM In reply to

rpmorrell:

Cool.

That's great news  :)

How Happy was Shell!, Rob?

Ya just can't beat having a good tinker.....
  • 10-10-2007 10:02 AM In reply to

We have only ever done our track days on a Saturday evening. As mentioned we have combined our evening with the one run by the Motorcycle Sportsmen of Qld to prevent fragmentation & consolidate the future of the sport. The Sporties & our evenings to my knowledge are the only scooter motorsport events run in accordance with the guidelines set by governing bodies Motorcycling Qld/Aust.

www.scooterhq.com.au

• 10-10-2007 10:15 AM In reply to

A hearty BIG THANKYOU TO SCOOTERHQ , the various "Powers That Be" & any other entities in getting the Scooter Track Nights running again.

Shelley is "excited" to say the least, Kraig.  We've been playing Playstation Scooter Racing....nothing compares to a night out on the track though. 

RatRide, if you're doing the 70kit, & if it's done in time, the run-in for this is pretty quick.  You can run-in pretty well on the track because of lots of accelleration & decelleration.  Add some extra oil to your fuel to ensure plentiful supply till sorted.   There should be planty of advice about for jetting, autolube/premix setting & any other aspects of your mod.....just ask.  Hope you can get a ride.

T h e   m o r e   t h e   m e r r i e r  !

Rob  :)

• 10-10-2007 11:46 AM In reply to

• RatRide
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on 10-07-2007
    • Brisbane, Australia
    • Posts 532

Budget constraints say the 70 kit must wait. :-(

Hopefully I'll have the 50 back in and do some run-ins before the track night. If that works out, then work out how to get my scooter up to Willowbank, besides riding it there. phew, that would take a while...

I have a friend who would probably love to see some scoot racing with a ute, so that may work.

A question with regards to safety: are draggin' jeans OK to wear on the track?

Vmoto Milan Tech Blog
    Vmoto Monza Tech blog

2003 Vmoto Milan
    2005 Vmoto "Monzta"
  • 10-10-2007 01:36 PM In reply to

RatRide:

A question with regards to safety: are draggin' jeans OK to wear on the track?

For recreational track nights it is OK but not for racing.

www.scooterhq.com.au

• 10-10-2007 02:42 PM In reply to

• VENTURI
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on 09-28-2007
    • Gold Coast
    • Posts 442

So Brendan, just to make it clear what is required can you give us all a rundown of the required attire for racing?

Is there a particular AS standard they must conform to? 

• 10-10-2007 02:57 PM In reply to

RatRide,

Would be great if you could make it.  I promise you, you'll be amazed at what you & your scoot can do.  You'll have an absolute blast!

My Mrs (Shelley) & I were newbies on the track not too long ago & we were hooked straight away.  Honestly, we couldn't sleep for a while after because of the adrenalin rush we had.

Let the forum know if you're in need of a lift & hopefully something can be offered, & if not, say where you're coming from in Ipswich Brissy &, at least, something can be sorted.

All the best,

Rob

• 10-10-2007 03:11 PM In reply to

• RatRide
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on 10-07-2007
    • Brisbane, Australia
    • Posts 532

Just finalising some pricing on replacement parts, and may be able to squeeze in the 70cc kit. Depends on being able to use existing carby and exhaust safely on the 70cc kit. I think I may be able to, but this will mean I have to break the bottom end and replace the conrod.

Oh, and by the way, I am in Brisbane... 

Vmoto Milan Tech Blog
    Vmoto Monza Tech blog

2003 Vmoto Milan
    2005 Vmoto "Monzta"
  • 10-10-2007 04:33 PM In reply to

VENTURI:
    what is required can you give us all a rundown of the required attire for racing?

Racing

• Full face helmet AS approved
    • Motorcycle (M/C) Gloves
    • M/C pants with knee & bum protection
    • M/C Jacket with Shoulder & Elbow protection 
    • Back protector
    • Pants & Jacket must secure to each other via zip or similar - I got a second hand set of leathers very cheap and they are already marked so I can blame all the damage on the previous owner
    • Boots with ankle protection

Track nights - Minimum

• Full face helmet AS approved
    • M/C gloves
    • M/C protective pants - Draggins are OK
    • M/C Jacket
    • Boots with ankle protection

Remember that track nights are about fun, racing is racing and it gets a bit more serious,  most will be going flat out and people won't give up track position without a fight so a higher standard of gear is required.

www.scooterhq.com.au

Page 1 of 8 (116 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last »

ADVERTISEMENT

©2007 ScooterSales.com.au