Scooter
Community

Chinese trikes

Last post 03-06-2010 12:00 AM by R1hoon. 19 replies.
Page 1 of 2 (20 items) 1 2 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 12-15-2009 11:23 PM

Chinese trikes

I wounder if these trikes going on sale in the UK make it here

Tha' can allus tell a Yorkshireman, but tha' can't tell 'im much
  • 12-16-2009 08:13 AM In reply to

Re: Chinese trikes

I bloody hope so!

• 12-16-2009 09:01 AM In reply to

Must corner like a car?

Where to next?
  • 12-18-2009 06:25 PM In reply to

Paul Marrington:

Must corner like a car?

Must corner like a barge.

Ace Scooters - practitioners to the scooter addicted.

www.acescooters.com.au
  • 12-18-2009 10:21 PM In reply to

• niks
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 01-22-2009
    • Melbourne
    • Posts 1,114

We have enough problems on the road without importing it in the shape of these bikes, trikes dont corner too well as the suspension geometry is out of whack on such cheap products and to only have a five litre fuel tank, means they are more for show than go. LOL

Hey Pyrah are you thinking of replacing your electric trike hehehehehe, I dont think they let this type on footpaths hehehehehe LOLIdea

Majesty YP 250 plus. "the way to go".
  • 12-19-2009 12:53 AM In reply to

LOL we don't have footpath's in my town this is the trike for me Big Smile

• 12-19-2009 11:44 AM In reply to

• niks
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 01-22-2009
    • Melbourne
    • Posts 1,114

Now thats what i call a good trike brings back memories when my father took us bush /hunting on his ww11 harley and sidecar actually it was just a box on a frame with the third wheel stuck on. and we all survived the ride without helmets , jackets etc. we just pulled the tarp over us when it rained. I remember clearly sitting on the petrol tank going bush till my father was pulled over and told it was not the done thing in Australia lol. now with all the laws ,cameras, safety gear etc we have people wiping themselves out everyday. this did not happen when we were kids. I feel the reason why is today we let others be responsible for us and to do our thinking for us ie TAC takes the worry out of hitting someobne or being injured as they foot the bill, in my fathers day they accepted their responsibility for themselves and the family and drove appropiately as they new the cost of an accident very well. Bugger, sorry folks thought it was Sunday not Saturday LOL Zip it! off the soap box hehehehe.

Majesty YP 250 plus. "the way to go".
  • 12-19-2009 02:47 PM In reply to

niks:

Now thats what i call a good trike brings back memories when my father took us bush /hunting on his ww11 harley and sidecar actually it was just a box on a frame with the third wheel stuck on. and we all survived the ride without helmets , jackets etc. we just pulled the tarp over us when it rained. I remember clearly sitting on the petrol tank going bush till my father was pulled over and told it was not the done thing in Australia lol. now with all the laws ,cameras, safety gear etc we have people wiping themselves out everyday. this did not happen when we were kids. I feel the reason why is today we let others be responsible for us and to do our thinking for us ie TAC takes the worry out of hitting someobne or being injured as they foot the bill, in my fathers day they accepted their responsibility for themselves and the family and drove appropiately as they new the cost of an accident very well. Bugger, sorry folks thought it was Sunday not Saturday LOL Zip it! off the soap box hehehehe.

I reckon you are spot on.  At the recent Motorcycle and Scooter Safety Forum, they talked for hours about gear, about road surfaces, road barriers, ABS etc.  The reality is that the most important piece of safety gear that you have is the thing between your ears, and instead of trying to look for external things to take responsibility for your safety, you need to take that responsibility yourself.  Do that and the world WILL be a safer place.

Ace Scooters - practitioners to the scooter addicted.

www.acescooters.com.au
  • 12-20-2009 07:31 AM In reply to

• dbm
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-05-2009
    • Posts 269

In action video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KvkGa4L_hzI&NR=1

Love that cornering shot No

I'll stick with 2 wheels up front thanks

• 12-22-2009 10:49 PM In reply to

I ride a new trike hire in italy over when racing and it means alot differnt to the ugly one you see here.It has the 2 tires upfront and big back tire.The bike has only 250cc from Chinese but produces good power and quite fast.It was big surprise for me .Scooter have always been happy hobbie for me with racing.I like that trike.

• 12-22-2009 11:05 PM In reply to

Welcome Nicholas it would be good if you could post a picture of the trike

• 12-23-2009 12:06 AM In reply to

• kooley
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 12-19-2009
    • Posts 3

Nico has a point i havent ridden an ugly trike in Europe and for me this is has been 3 consecutive weeks on summer tour around some of the most outragious and demanding in northern italy roads from the 38degree climbs in northern alps of switzerland with black ice still prominant tell ya what big balls and all without the precise geometry principals designed with these road legal trikes these balls would certainly be frozen meat balls.so lets educate this forum as it so happens these hire trikes are  manufactured in china and in UE must meet VCA approvals as EEC approved what this means lads is you get an aggressive 250cc watercooled 4 stroke that has gas oiled adjustable shocks with preload and rebound settings for my fat *** throw in a couple of toe-in negative degree camber adjustments and you get a package that got me thru some insane passes...yes lads i now own a Chinese trike and it is now parked up at numb nuts place in UE ready for my next assault

• 02-19-2010 06:44 AM In reply to

• Tony M
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-09-2010
    • Launceston, Tasmania
    • Posts 138

I am rather partial to this one.  Much greater carrying capacity for pillion passengers

The insert a link thingy won't work so here it is to copy & paste to your browser...

http://www.alibaba.com/product-gs/277912351/motor_trike.html

Been Scooterin' since March 2010. Bought a Kymco Super 8 125 & love it!!!
  • 02-22-2010 03:02 PM In reply to

Check out the "PROWLER " by Kandi motor Scooters

A 250cc copycat of the Can Am Spyder with 2 wheels up front and chain driven rear wheel Going on sale in the US in March with a price tag of about US $5200--very very interesting 

riding for fun
  • 02-22-2010 05:03 PM In reply to

Is this the one prowler Smile

Page 1 of 2 (20 items) 1 2 Next >

ADVERTISEMENT

©2007 ScooterSales.com.au