Scooter
Community

Jiajue 150cc Outlaw Scooter

Last post 12-06-2011 07:03 PM by pyrah. 15 replies.
Page 1 of 2 (16 items) 1 2 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-05-2010 11:04 AM

Jiajue 150cc Outlaw Scooter

I just recently purchased a brand new Jiajue 150cc scooter from Oz Scooters Queensland. At first I thought the purchase price was to good to be true but let me tell you something folks I am over the moon. For the first time in my life I was able to sell a 2 year old 150cc scooter and purchase a new 150cc scooter for less, lets face it that never happens! I have had 4 road bikes and 3 scooters so I know a little bit about bikes. The Jiajue is damn good value for money and it works for me,

Thanks Oz Scooters.

Alexander

• 01-10-2010 01:03 AM In reply to

• niks
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 01-22-2009
    • Melbourne
    • Posts 1,114

Re: Jiajue 150cc Outlaw Scooter

Your brave posting a positive comment here about jaijue. I reckon your spot on about how good they are, but the experts here who have never owned one think they are shiite because the distributor came up with a new idea to get people on two wheels for a lot less money, its a pity the established dealers dont get on side with him and make money carrying out the routine servicing of them, parts are readily available of the shelf, not like a vespa that takes months for parts to arrive.

Majesty YP 250 plus. "the way to go".
  • 01-11-2010 08:34 PM In reply to

niks:

Your brave posting a positive comment here about jaijue. I reckon your spot on about how good they are, but the experts here who have never owned one think they are shiite because the distributor came up with a new idea to get people on two wheels for a lot less money, its a pity the established dealers dont get on side with him and make money carrying out the routine servicing of them, parts are readily available of the shelf, not like a vespa that takes months for parts to arrive.

Niks - its entirely possible that they are great machines, but our experience to date with generically built Chinese brands has been less than good (we used to sell some, so I'm speaking from experience), and I'm not prepared to risk the quality of our brand with another experiment like that.  There are plenty of dealers who might, but the only people that make any money from these brands tend to be the importers.   These kind of machines can often be imported for about $400 apiece, but are then sold to the retailers for about $1600 with an RRP of about $1990.  Why would I bother selling them given the potential downside of supporting them?    What I've also seen is that the factories change parts without notice (and without changing the part numbers), scooters arriving with unbalanced wheels, and general quality decline over time.   They might make a quick buck in the short term, but in the long term are more likely to put customers off than encourage them to stay on a scooter.

I know that you've got a few personal prejudices against Vespa for whatever reason, but whilst you'll notice that the number of Vespa riders seems to be increasing over time, collectively there are very few "chinese-brand" scooter riders on these forums, and when they do appear, they often disappear without trace.  I wonder why? 

And with regards to waiting for parts, everything I've ordered for Vespa has turned up - with the longest wait being about 6 weeks. Whereas I've got chinese parts on order which have been outstanding for over a year, and I reckon they will never get here - and if they do, its just as likely that they will be the wrong ones because no-one in the factory speaks english.  I remember the Vmoto spare parts manager ordered 40 red Monza topboxes and what turned up were 40 underseat buckets.  And all of those black plastic underseat buckets had a sticker on it which said that they were red topboxes but with the part number for the underseat bucket.  They couldn't be sent back, so they were stuck with them.  And I know that wasn't an unusual occurrence.

The reason that most of the established dealers avoid these brands is because they've experienced similar.  Moreover we've noticed that people who buy cheap scooters often expect the servicing costs to be proportionately cheap too, and get pissed off when they can't get a service for $50.  We are in business to try to make a profit, not to run a charity. 

Ace Scooters - practitioners to the scooter addicted.

www.acescooters.com.au
  • 01-11-2010 09:05 PM In reply to

• niks
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 01-22-2009
    • Melbourne
    • Posts 1,114

Hi Steve to set the record straight i do not have any prejudices against vespa having ridden many in my life especially in Italy. You may have had bad experiences with certain chinese bikes, but that should not result in judging everything out of china, it reminds me of the attitude to Japanese goods in the 50's. What i object to is when people like or dislike or bad experiences about something with a passion they believe they have the right to impose their will of ramming this passion down other peoples throat by whatever means available including libel and slander as we have recently seen in some of the other posts. I ask you a question you dont have to respond, have you ever spoken to the importer of these jaijue?? I only comment on these bikes because after examining them i see them as something worth considering for those who cannot afford to join the Vespa brigade but still be able to keep up with them on the freeway in a safe manner. Its diversity that will keep scooters alive on our roads as we have to import everthing these days as our complacency has allowed all our industry to come to a standstill, we had the ability to make the best scooters or anything else for that matter in the world but we chose to become a hole in the ground from which the other countries could take what they needed to make the goods we want.

Majesty YP 250 plus. "the way to go".
  • 01-11-2010 10:52 PM In reply to

Look guys there is no denying the fact that the Japs, Italians, Germans and Poms make beautiful bikes and no-one is ever going to take that away from them (ever).

Besides owning a Jiajue scooter I also have a big beautiful thumping Triumph Rocket 111 2300cc (go the Poms). Having said that I still love my cheap Chinese Jiajue scooter and I promise to keep you updated on its performance every 3 months.

Regards

Alexander

• 01-12-2010 11:18 AM In reply to

niks:

Hi Steve to set the record straight i do not have any prejudices against vespa having ridden many in my life especially in Italy.

Wow - you could have fooled me.  Many of your posts contain some dig or other about Vespas - but maybe I am just being sensitive. 

I am not suggesting that the chinese are incapable of producing brilliant quality goods, because they are - and we sell some of them.  But the chinese domestic market is so HUGE and the Australian market in comparison is so tiny, that they truly do not need to give a toss about what we want or to create scooter products specific for our needs.  Which is why often the plastics fade, dry out and crack from sun exposure, and the "chrome" discolours and rusts a lot more quickly. They aren't going to change the formulas just for us.   Moreover currently their developing domestic market is less discerning, and more labour intensive (and labour cheap) than ours is.  So a cheap scooter that you MAY need to fix a lot is a lot better value than an expensive one.   Labour in Australia is not however, so a vehicle that you have to service and fix more can quickly become a more expensive proposition than one that is better made and more expensive in the first place.  Moreover I don't have an issue with them, and had made no comment in response to the original post.  People have a choice, and I look forward to seeing how this new owner gets on with this scooter over the next 2 years.  But they aren't the first chinese brand that have come over here with cheaper scooters, and I'm positive that they won't be the last.  And the importers will make some money (or not) and then move on to something else.

However I do get a bit narked when people tell me how I should do my job, so as a balance and counterpoint to your comments, I have added my own experience to date, so that people can get another opinion.  Where our customers have bought better quality scooter (and these may not be necessarily that much more expensive), they have generally stayed with scootering.  Where they have bought lower quality ones, they often haven't.   I have a much larger and happier customer base now that I am selling quality product than I did have when I was selling lower quality product. 

Alexander - thanks for your comments.  As a Rocket rider, I can see that you are a discerning purchaser.  But can I ask you this.  Given that there are now a number of chinese motorcycles on the market, would you have at any point considered buying one of these instead of your Jiajue scooter? 

www.acescooters.com.au
  • 01-12-2010 01:38 PM In reply to

Cheers Steve- After I sold my Bolwell 150cc scooter to an employee who really wanted it, I soon realized how much I missed the whole scooter thing, so I wanted a scooter again. Thats when the Jiajue came into the picture and admittedly it was the price that won me because I didn,t have to outlay in more money. You are right about me being a discerning purchaser, I didn,t give Chinese motorcycles much thought because it didn,t suit my purpose.

Kind Regards

Alexander (go the Rocket)

• 11-22-2011 08:40 PM In reply to

Vespas are built in Vietnam !!!!!

How is that different to being built in China or any Asian country?

• 11-23-2011 12:17 PM In reply to

Jo Taz:

Vespas are built in Vietnam !!!!!

How is that different to being built in China or any Asian country?

Some Vespas are built in Vietnam.  But its not where they are made, its how they are made, and what they are made of that is the difference.  No matter how hard you try, you can't polish a turd.

www.acescooters.com.au
  • 11-23-2011 01:14 PM In reply to

Devil Sometimes i get this felling

Trying to explain things to some people Big Smile

• 11-30-2011 12:22 PM In reply to

Sorry, Mr Steve@ace but apparfently you can....

http://www.howtocleanstuff.net/how-to-polish-a-turd/

And also to mythbusters..... 

http://dsc.discovery.com/videos/mythbusters-polishing-a-turd.html

LOL!!!!

But I know what you mean.....

Ya just can't beat having a good tinker.....
  • 12-05-2011 08:12 AM In reply to

Saw two of these still in crates at the local Tender Centre, looks like someones dumping them......btw top bid was $719 Wink

Slow Down & Enjoy The Ride
    2012 Kawasaki W800
    Go the Retro
    Looking for another BeeWee :)
  • 12-05-2011 09:53 AM In reply to

danceswithdingoes:

Saw two of these still in crates at the local Tender Centre, looks like someones dumping them......btw top bid was $719 Wink

Devil WOW $719 the crates must have been good quality Big Smile

• 12-05-2011 12:18 PM In reply to

pyrah:

danceswithdingoes:

Devil WOW $719 the crates must have been good quality Big Smile

Sounds like they were the second prize in a competition Geeked

www.acescooters.com.au
  • 12-05-2011 06:55 PM In reply to

the crates were made of square steel ;)

Slow Down & Enjoy The Ride
    2012 Kawasaki W800
    Go the Retro
    Looking for another BeeWee :)
Page 1 of 2 (16 items) 1 2 Next >

ADVERTISEMENT

©2007 ScooterSales.com.au