Scooter
Community

in
ADVERTISEMENT
ScooterAccessories

Vmoto Carby

Last post 01-29-2010 05:36 PM by ne32. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-20-2010 07:38 PM

• ne32
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 12-30-2009
    • Posts 8

Vmoto Carby

Can anyone tell me the brand or model/style carby that is standard on my Vmoto Milan. I have fitted a Pipe , Variator , Springs and Kevlar belt and apparently I should be using a bigger jet. What jet size is standard ?

Thanks

• 01-22-2010 12:16 PM In reply to

Re: Vmoto Carby

its a 17mm Mikuni copy runs a 70 main jet which is quite big for a stock 50. You don't necesarily have to run a bigger jet. If you are running something like a Gianelli "Go" you'll probably only need to adjust needle height.

www.scooterhq.com.au

Where the scooters roam free
  • 01-22-2010 12:20 PM In reply to

ne32, what pipe are you running on the Milan?

HAs it made much difference to how the scooter goes?

• 01-22-2010 05:05 PM In reply to

• ne32
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 12-30-2009
    • Posts 8

Thanks for that help with the carby Brendon

Leovince ZX Pipe - It fits the bike well . Is it legal ? Probably not. I tried it first with the stock clutch springs and variator and with that combo it was worse then stock pipe on hills unless you hit them with a fair bit of speed. On the flat it was noticably quicker from about 20km/h and up. 

The pipe included a set of variator weights and clutch springs and that helped increase the revs a bit before loading up the motor but I am yet to finish putting in the aftermarket Polini Variator  .

• 01-22-2010 05:14 PM In reply to

ne32:
    Is it legal ?

hehehe

Don't forget the rear contra spring, transmission needs to engage at higer revs. Just check the pipe isn't going to hit the rear quarter panel when the suspension compresses

www.scooterhq.com.au

Where the scooters roam free
  • 01-29-2010 05:36 PM In reply to

• ne32
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 12-30-2009
    • Posts 8

I have the Contra spring

Done about 30km with the pipe and it didn't once bump the body like I thought it might.

Anyone know if the Horizontal and Vertical Minarelli crank are the same or not?

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)

ADVERTISEMENT

©2007 ScooterSales.com.au