Scooter
Community

in
ADVERTISEMENT
Aprilia

New Select Scoots?

Last post 03-25-2010 08:24 PM by Scooternut. 13 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (14 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 03-23-2010 09:46 AM

• wleung
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-22-2009
    • Western Sydney
    • Posts 518

New Select Scoots?

Spotted this today.

a 50cc, new HD200 evo and firenze 300?

source:

http://www.bikesales.com.au/news/2010/select-adds-three-sym-scooters-to-lineup-18721

Exs: CB250, GS500, DL650, Espresso 150, Triumph Street Triple, ZZR250, CB900F Hornet
    Current: CBR125R / Piaggio Fly 150 3V
  • 03-23-2010 11:59 AM In reply to

• allen
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 07-19-2007
    • Sydney NSW Australia
    • Posts 6,248

Re: New Select Scoots?

Yeh weve had that up for over a month now on scootersales.com.au

We even did a review of the new SYM Firenze 300

Take a look at ....

http://www.scootersales.com.au/News-3209-sym-2010-update.aspx

http://www.scootersales.com.au/News-3224-sym-firenze-300.aspx

Advertise your scooter for FREE on Scootersales.com.au
    www.scootersales.com.au
    www.quadsales.com.au
  • 03-23-2010 03:29 PM In reply to

• Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 10-16-2009
    • Posts 256

I think I saw one of these on-road in Newcastle today...

• 03-23-2010 03:52 PM In reply to

I like the look of the new Firenze! It's a weighty beast but very low seat. It seems every manufacturer is bringing out a model or two in white, the new black.

What's the service schedule on these new scootas?

http://customers.ilisys.com.au/scootd/admin/morphii/uploads/Firenze300i.pdf

Wanda
    Today 50 (2,500km), Montego. Fly (2,500km), Le Grande (7,000km), Vespa PX (200km), Vespa GTS250ie (46,000km), now looking at the world through Ruby coloured glasses on a Vespa GTV300ie Vie Della Moda.
  • 03-23-2010 09:19 PM In reply to

• niks
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 01-22-2009
    • Melbourne
    • Posts 1,114

Why cant we have a real report done without the prose just facts like, how they managed to get outstanding improvement over the firenze 250 with just 14 cc increase in capacity maybe its a psychological achievement by calling it 300cc which is 50 cc increase in capacity.

Does it have the same poor service intervals and replacement of air filter and belt,is an oil filter fitted,

does it come with a better prepared customer service book that actually is readable. A speed versus time table would be usefull for comparison, a picture with 2 full face helmets sitting under the seat would be better than empty, whats the tool kit like and its quality.

A measurement of paint thickness would also be useful as some bikes i tested would be back to bare plastic after a polish or two. also a list of costs for common use parts would also contribute to a usefull revue for someone looking to buy a bike. these are just a few suggestions that come to mind im sure others can think of a few more.

Majesty YP 250 plus. "the way to go".
  • 03-23-2010 10:02 PM In reply to

• allen
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 07-19-2007
    • Sydney NSW Australia
    • Posts 6,248

Yes a few people have mentioned the service interval subject now , I shall chase this up and see what its like.

Fit and finish is typically SYM and yes you can fit two helmets under the seat but again this may depend on the type as it often does.

But like most of the 300 CC capacity scooters they dont have the capacity yet they have the all round benefit

So for example your getting fuel injection , increased capacity and an extra 2 KW of power. Your getting all the feature upgrades and newer improved styling.

And your getting a new price tag of only $6290 + ORC

Me thinks this is good value regardless . Reporting service intervals is a valid point but not sure if value for money doesn't cover and silence some of the other points .

www.scootersales.com.au
    www.quadsales.com.au
  • 03-23-2010 10:41 PM In reply to

Some good points raised my 10 favorite things i want to know in a report are 1 engine power 2 weight with a full tank of fuel 3 Seat hight 4 service intervals 5 oil filter ? 6 fuel injected ? 7 engine specifications ( No of cams Valves etc ) 8 tyre size 9 fuel octane requirement 10 warranty length   

Si ‘Thi’ later
  • 03-23-2010 10:54 PM In reply to

allen:

Me thinks this is good value regardless . Reporting service intervals is a valid point but not sure if value for money doesn't cover and silence some of the other points.

I think the scooter is probably a good value, but as I see it niks' post was not so much about the quality of the scooter as the quality of reporting and I agree wholeheartedly - I would also prefer the reports and reviews to contain more actual information and to sound less like (barely) regurgitated manufacturer's press releases.

• 03-23-2010 11:09 PM In reply to

I'd like to see maybe at the top of the artilcle, the  three or four pros and cons of the scooter.

• 03-25-2010 07:40 AM In reply to

• allen
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 07-19-2007
    • Sydney NSW Australia
    • Posts 6,248

good points raised guys , we will certainly move in this direction

www.scootersales.com.au
    www.quadsales.com.au
  • 03-25-2010 11:35 AM In reply to

• petegailey
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-03-2008
    • Cleared off, up the Mid Nth Coast
    • Posts 7,090

The things I want to know about a scooter, How well it can filter, whether it can beat a p plater off the lights, how well it accelerates up a decent hill, how it handles it self thru tight twisties, cruising speed and top speed on the freeway. Then comes wheel size, seat comfort, fuel consumption, warranty. Storage has never been a big issue with me especially getting a full face under the seat coz Ive never bothered trying to get a helmet under the seat. Usually the underseat storage is full of wet weather gear, gloves,pullover and other assorted bits and pieces.

Id also be interested in comparing a group of scooters in the same class in a drag.

Daelim NS 125: Mighty 1st scoot from Korea that punched way above its weight. Sold
    Vespa GTS 250: Modern Retro brilliance. I'll ride it til it dies.Traded in on a maxi.
    Suzuki DR650: "That Thing" Excellent Single 650 thumper chook chaser that was too tall. Sold
    Yamaha T Max: Best Maxi out there and serious canyon racer. Sold
    Triumph Bonneville: Modern Retro brilliance with the sweetest parallel twin.
    BMW F800R: The Naked Hun. Great intro into sports bikes.
    Gilera Runner FXR 180: 2 stroke scooter missile from Piaggio.
    Gilera Nexus 500. Sexy like red Italian stilettos.
    Yamaha RZ250RR: Retro Japanese 2 stroke racer.
  • 03-25-2010 07:08 PM In reply to

• niks
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 01-22-2009
    • Melbourne
    • Posts 1,114

allen:

good points raised guys , we will certainly move in this direction

Thanks Allen and for 6 grand i would certainly look at one if i never got the bargain with my Yamaha majesty i would have been riding a firenze 250 as it was a toss up between the two.

• 03-25-2010 07:14 PM In reply to

• niks
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 01-22-2009
    • Melbourne
    • Posts 1,114

petegailey:

Id also be interested in comparing a group of scooters in the same class in a drag.

This I would like to see , in fact i would love to see how my Majesty would go as it is a genuine 300cc, hmm i wonder if i can fit fuel injection from a wrecked scooter Hmmmmm. but i feel it goes good enough like it is.

• 03-25-2010 08:24 PM In reply to

niks:
    This I would like to see , in fact i would love to see how my Majesty would go as it is a genuine 300cc, hmm i wonder if i can fit fuel injection from a wrecked scooter Hmmmmm. but i feel it goes good enough like it is.

Hmm, I suspect this is the first genuinely scooter related post you've made Niks. Well done! Sleep

Wanda
    Today 50 (2,500km), Montego. Fly (2,500km), Le Grande (7,000km), Vespa PX (200km), Vespa GTS250ie (46,000km), now looking at the world through Ruby coloured glasses on a Vespa GTV300ie Vie Della Moda.
Page 1 of 1 (14 items)

ADVERTISEMENT

©2007 ScooterSales.com.au