Scooter
Community

50cc struggling uphill.

Last post 04-12-2010 06:46 AM by waxhead. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 04-09-2010 06:24 PM

Stick out tongue [:P] 50cc struggling uphill.

Gday everyone, 

I have a vmoto milan 50cc scoot. stock all round except  It has had a spacer taken out of the variator and does 65+ on the flat, about 85 downhill, but struggles to get over 40kmh uphill.  Today i put in some dr pulley 4 gram sliders (7g is stock im told). I am a bit dissapointed with the results but maybe i was expecting to much.  the scoot is lovely to ride and pulls all the way to 65+kmh without any hesitation but i am still stuggling uphill - its alright if i have momentum but generally it just sounds like it needs to change to a lower ratio, its not reving out.  Do i need to bite the bullet and look to upgrade the intake and exhuast or do i need to change the contra spring? i am a bit confused as to what they do and what rpm rating i would need.  if it helps i weigh about 70kg

cheers 

pat

• 04-09-2010 07:29 PM In reply to

• niks
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 01-22-2009
    • Melbourne
    • Posts 1,114

Re: 50cc struggling uphill.

I think your expecting too much out of a 50cc scooter. What you wish to achieve is why they make larger engined scooters.

Majesty YP 250 plus. "the way to go".
  • 04-09-2010 07:43 PM In reply to

i realise what they are meant for and what they can do..

what can i say that hasnt all ready been said about that?

i was more so asking about what effect a contra spring upgrade would have on my scoot in its current setup.  

what i wish to achieve is to ride up hills faster on my 50cc

• 04-09-2010 08:58 PM In reply to

How bigs the hill

Tha' can allus tell a Yorkshireman, but tha' can't tell 'im much
  • 04-09-2010 11:13 PM In reply to

• waxhead
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 12-17-2007
    • gold coast
    • Posts 882

My little milan seems to go up hills just fine

if you want yours to scream up hills let me know

• 04-10-2010 01:41 AM In reply to

nice jigger, mines black too:)

the hills are moderate, nothing special.  it just doesnt wanna rev out up hills at all.  I thought the 4gram sliders would make a difference here but they havent.  do i need to pipe and jet it?  can you post the specs of your milan please wax?? 

they are nice lil things to get around on..  i scrape hard parts cornering all the time! - its nearly more fun to ride than my kawa 750 :)

• 04-12-2010 06:46 AM In reply to

• waxhead
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 12-17-2007
    • gold coast
    • Posts 882

Ok no prob

70cc motoforce kit

v-force reed

yasuni city 16

delorto 19mm

ported cases 

malossi variator 

It pulls power stands all the time, in fact keeping the front wheel on the ground is the challenge, personally next time i would have gone for a lower reving pipe as this one pulls about 10 k and its a bit high for cruising but it makes it get up and go

It has a different front end on it so it will stop , but I never lay this thing right down , I have another scooter for that 

You can find the build up thread of my Milan here 

http://www.waxracing.com/jared/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=23

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)

ADVERTISEMENT

©2007 ScooterSales.com.au