Scooter
Community

Pittwater Council parking

Last post 04-13-2010 04:11 PM by niks. 16 replies.
Page 1 of 2 (17 items) 1 2 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 04-12-2010 07:58 PM

Pittwater Council parking

I got a email reply from Pittwater Council after I sent email enquiry to ask whether scooters need parking tickets or permits for beach carparks. We would have to park outside on roads adjacent to beaches. 

Here is part of the reply,

Dear Mr Knox

Re: Motorcycles and scooter parking

Council is in receipt of your correspondence dated 30 March 2010. In answering your

question, all motorcycles and scooters have to purchase a parking ticket while in the ticket

parking areas.

Yours faithfully

Stephen Bowtell

RANGERS TEAM LEADER

• 04-12-2010 08:03 PM In reply to

• Jax
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-23-2008
    • Sydney
    • Posts 3,129

Re: Pittwater Council parking

ONLY City of Sydney Council exempts motorcycles from purchasing a ticket.

Need scooter parking? www.mcnetwork.com.au on the web or on your iPhone or Android phone
    MCNetwork - using Google maps to plot every parking spot, every dealer, every shop - linked to every product for your scooter.

• 04-12-2010 08:11 PM In reply to

• Sonefive
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-22-2008
    • Nth Beaches
    • Posts 62

Yeah,and don't forget to put it on your dash. Seriously, are they really in touch with what Warringah and Manly Councils are doing by offering free parking areas on the beaches and car parks for bikes and scooters. I spoke to a Manly Ranger about it and he said so long as they are parked in the bike designated areas they don't need a ticket.

Typical of Pittwatter Council's money grabing approach to prop up its small demographic area to justify their existance.

Sorry Jax but thats not exactly correct. Manly offers free bike parking and so does Warringah

• 04-12-2010 08:15 PM In reply to

• niks
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 01-22-2009
    • Melbourne
    • Posts 1,114

Its time councils were more actively challenged over their local government act as its being used discriminately and in breach of federal law theirfore the section of the act where they claim to be able to impose fines and penalties for parking etc is unworkable and therefore cannot be applied to you and you can use this argument in the county  court as it is a constitutional issue.

Majesty YP 250 plus. "the way to go".
  • 04-12-2010 08:51 PM In reply to

• Jax
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-23-2008
    • Sydney
    • Posts 3,129

Sonefive:
    Yeah,and don't forget to put it on your dash.

DO NOT put it on your dash... some bloody 4WD will steal it or it will blow away in the wind.

State Debt Recovery have ruled that you must keep it in your pocket - and if you are issued an infringement notice you must photocopy the ticket and send it in to them and they will dismiss the notice.

You CANNOT write to them and say "but I bought a ticket and some twat stole it - honestly I did"...

Sonefive:
    so long as they are parked in the bike designated areas they don't need a ticket.

Sonefive:
    Manly offers free bike parking and so does Warringah

Sonefive - there is a BIG difference in those two statements. Are you saying that if I park my bike in a paid ticket CAR spot, that I don't have to purchase a ticket?

Need scooter parking? www.mcnetwork.com.au on the web or on your iPhone or Android phone
    MCNetwork - using Google maps to plot every parking spot, every dealer, every shop - linked to every product for your scooter.

• 04-12-2010 09:43 PM In reply to

• Sonefive
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-22-2008
    • Nth Beaches
    • Posts 62

Jax:

Sonefive:
    so long as they are parked in the bike designated areas they don't need a ticket.

Sonefive:
    Manly offers free bike parking and so does Warringah

Sonefive - there is a BIG difference in those two statements. Are you saying that if I park my bike in a paid ticket CAR spot, that I don't have to purchase a ticket?

I don't see where I said anything about parking in a car space Jax. What I said  and reiterated in my second statement was you do not need a ticket in free designated bike parking spaces which are provided by the council on the beach front and in  council carparks. Both statements imply that no ticket means free parking

My wife parks Monday to Friday all day at no cost and unticketed in Manly CBD designated BIKE parking

BTW I was just taking the p*ss with the "on the dash" statement

• 04-12-2010 11:21 PM In reply to

• Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 10-16-2009
    • Posts 256

Sonefive:
    Typical of Pittwatter Council's money grabing approach to prop up its small demographic area to justify their existance.

I wouldn't be expecting any change in this attitude of the council for quite some time... with that $10 million debt they got themselves into when they tried to pretend they were Wall Street High Rollers, and got burnt with the subprime mortgage crisis...

• 04-12-2010 11:59 PM In reply to

Get a few mates down there all pay and take a car parking space one each per scooter/ bike get the local press to photograph it  The more spaces used the better & hopefully car users will be complaining to the Pittwater council to ease the parking spaces

Si ‘Thi’ later
  • 04-13-2010 07:29 AM In reply to

• Jax
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-23-2008
    • Sydney
    • Posts 3,129

Jax:

ONLY City of Sydney Council exempts motorcycles from purchasing a ticket.

Sonefive:
    Sorry Jax but thats not exactly correct.

Sorry Jax that is exactly correct.

Every council offers some free designated bike parking eg. Manly offers more than Bondi ... BUT only CoS Council (in addition to having the highest ratio of free bike spots) actually exempts bikes from having to purchase a ticket.

• 04-13-2010 07:31 AM In reply to

• Jax
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-23-2008
    • Sydney
    • Posts 3,129

pyrah:

Get a few mates down there all pay and take a car parking space one each per scooter/ bike get the local press to photograph it  The more spaces used the better & hopefully car users will be complaining to the Pittwater council to ease the parking spaces

Nice sentiments pyrah - but as we all know, Aussies are far too lazy to organise a protest...  Big Smile

• 04-13-2010 11:14 AM In reply to

• niks
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 01-22-2009
    • Melbourne
    • Posts 1,114

...:

Sonefive:

I wouldn't be expecting any change in this attitude of the council for quite some time... with that $10 million debt they got themselves into when they tried to pretend they were Wall Street High Rollers, and got burnt with the subprime mortgage crisis...

If this is true then the residents have a legal entitlement to have those concerned prosecuted for misappropiation of public monies . This will not happen as councils are only private foreign owned businesses who pay a fee to state governments for the privelege of extorting your money under the guise of pretending to be a level of government which they are not.

• 04-13-2010 11:21 AM In reply to

• niks
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 01-22-2009
    • Melbourne
    • Posts 1,114

Jax:

pyrah:

Nice sentiments pyrah - but as we all know, Aussies are far too lazy to organise a protest...  Big Smile

Jax forget about the Australians and just get all the Sydney scooter and bike riders through forums like this to attend if they dont then they get what they deserve, screwed whenever they park. When they wanted to remove privilege of footpath parking here in melbourne they woke up one morning to find a bike/scooter in every car space in Melbourne cbd they quickly changed their tune. The fact that you say people are too lazy to do it will make it be that way, because what you think is what you create. Just take this forum nearly every post is about how cool one looks on a vespa or whatever but when was the last post made that called everyone to arms to protest the injustice of scooter parking with a systematic approach of one council after another. Whenever I have tried to help  people to think outside of the square on this forum and others, we get the brain dead attacking me.

• 04-13-2010 01:03 PM In reply to

• bradr
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 01-13-2009
    • Nowra NSW
    • Posts 2,036

I think the problem with the free parking for scooters/bikes is the same as when we started to use lpg to power our cars quite some years ago,while there was only relatively small numbers of vehicle using gas back then,over the yrs the numbers obviously multiplied,all of a sudden the govt beancounters think-hey we are not making as much as we should here,so bang--up goes the tax on automotive gas,now if we apply the same theory to scooter/bike parking costs,the govt encourage us to use less space,conserve fuel,make less pollution etc,so we do what they say and get 2 wheels,problem is that so many of us are now getting 2 wheels that the govt and councils etc are realising that they are loosing too much revenue,so what can be done there so that both we and them are satisfied,who knows,but one things for sure,whilst there is money involved they won,t want to loose out will they?

Red ones always go faster but blue ones go pretty quick , but now blue ones are the way to go😄
  • 04-13-2010 01:13 PM In reply to

• niks
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 01-22-2009
    • Melbourne
    • Posts 1,114

I dont buy this argument as what we all need to realise and stand up for it the fact if they are still government then they are our servants, they work for us, not them telling us what to do. we have kow towed to them far too long in ignorance of our constitution its time we woke up and learnt who is the power. there are more of us than them in the long run.

• 04-13-2010 01:40 PM In reply to

• bradr
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 01-13-2009
    • Nowra NSW
    • Posts 2,036

niks:

I dont buy this argument as what we all need to realise and stand up for it the fact if they are still government then they are our servants, they work for us, not them telling us what to do. we have kow towed to them far too long in ignorance of our constitution its time we woke up and learnt who is the power. there are more of us than them in the long run.

Yeh right,the govt works for us?--yet we do and pay as they demand or they simply penalise us in 1 way or another,they my friend don,t give a stuff about you,me or the next dude,never have,never will,build a bridge and get over it,i think probably a more realistic approach would be for a reduced parking/toll etc fee for us 2 wheelers,have a think about it-if the govt/councils etc don,t get money then they cannot do improvements to the areas which we enjoy using can they.please don,t get me wrong,i don,t like costs either but i think they are a fact of life.

Red ones always go faster but blue ones go pretty quick , but now blue ones are the way to go😄
Page 1 of 2 (17 items) 1 2 Next >

ADVERTISEMENT

©2007 ScooterSales.com.au