Scooter
Community

Which scooter?? Piaggio Exvo250 or the Derbi Rambla 250

Last post 04-26-2010 04:57 PM by tekema2. 12 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (13 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 04-25-2010 02:48 PM

Which scooter?? Piaggio Exvo250 or the Derbi Rambla 250

Currently considering an upgrade but not 100% what to

buy, looking for some feedback from other riders

If you had to choose between the Piaggio Exvo250 or the Derbi Rambla 250

\What one would you choose and why... need some feedback pls

I am 88kgs, and looking for a scoot that will do 100-110 with ease

have some back problems so seat comfort would be a consideration.

Cheers Pete Smile

• 04-25-2010 03:12 PM In reply to

Re: Which scooter?? Piaggio Exvo250 or the Derbi Rambla 250

they are piaggio broz so the driveline will be the same

do you want a maxi or a midi

i'd go the rambla or sportcity as i dont like small capacity maxis

they will both easily do 110km all day long

• 04-25-2010 04:11 PM In reply to

Ride them both and get the one you like the best . I see the Rambla is about $600 less is lighter and slightly bigger wheels . Piaggio as 3 dealers in Perth & 2 WA regional dealers Derbi as got one dealer in WA . So get to Ace Scooters test ride them ether will do the job 

Si ‘Thi’ later
  • 04-26-2010 12:27 AM In reply to

• Jobbie
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-05-2010
    • Craigmore, SA
    • Posts 238

The Derbi Rambla is an Aprilia Sportcity, really. It's a great scooter, but the downside is lack of storage under the seat. (Yes, there is some, but it's not very large.) I think the Sportcity 300 has a much nicer instrument panel than the older 125/ 175/ 200/ 250cc versions.

My personal choice between the two would be........neither. (Gasp!)

Look at the Piaggio X7 Evo 300ie. Sort of the same as the XEvo 250, but (I think) better looking, and a slightly larger engine for close to the same price.

Aprilia Sportcity 125 2007.
    Aprilia Scarabeo 250 2010.
  • 04-26-2010 01:11 AM In reply to

The 300 is a better choice but if Tekema2 doesn't have a full license he will be restricted to a 250 in WA

Si ‘Thi’ later
  • 04-26-2010 02:22 AM In reply to

Pete, also depends on your height, ask Steve@ace & he will tell you that a Vespa GTS 250 or 300 is best for taller people such as myself, & I'm asuming youre also fairly tall being 88 KG. However if you are set on a choice between the  Derbi or Xevo, I would go for the Xevo.

Gavin
  • 04-26-2010 09:23 AM In reply to

Guvnor77:

Pete, also depends on your height, ask Steve@ace & he will tell you that a Vespa GTS 250 or 300 is best for taller people such as myself, & I'm asuming youre also fairly tall being 88 KG. However if you are set on a choice between the  Derbi or Xevo, I would go for the Xevo.

Hi,

Yeh unfortuanately, I am in build - similar to a garden gnome, and quite chunky

so at 5'5" not that tall, and I only have my RE licence, though I have ridden for 25 years.

Steve@Ace, got me on a X7, which I do like but the screen and the poor dash, puts me off a bit

if I am going to make the jump to the X7 300 I would go all the way to the Xevo 400

Thanks for the thoughts though... keeps me pondering (wink)

• 04-26-2010 09:31 AM In reply to

• allen
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 07-19-2007
    • Sydney NSW Australia
    • Posts 6,248

For the Rambla

My take on this would be do you want a short, sharp scooter that will be a treat around town. Perfect inner city scooter that is dynamic and powerful. Limited only by storage but still has a flat floor set up. To add a top box is simple. Also look at Aprilia Sportcity Cube 300. Has the new 278 cc motor, so very impressive. The first scooter I actually purchased was a Sportcity myself so I know the scooter well and for sporty dynamics its a winner.

For the Xevo

Also look at X7 300 here as I think its just as good. The XEvo will give you a scooter for the every occasion. Storage is a huge plus , like massive convenience factor with the flip open boot. Long distance work will be nicer as it will handle higher speed touring a little nicer. Still small and light enough to use daily.

Advertise your scooter for FREE on Scootersales.com.au
    www.scootersales.com.au
    www.quadsales.com.au
  • 04-26-2010 12:32 PM In reply to

Sorry if I caused any embarassement with my assumptions about height Pete. Anyway, the Xevo to me is more suited for freeway cruising, protected and stylish with good storage, the Rambla is more of a fun machine, so probably depends on your riding style and journeys made.

Gavin
  • 04-26-2010 01:01 PM In reply to

you need to work out what you are going to use the scooter for. commuting in the city or long country runs. if you don't want or need much storage space then go the rambla. but if you need a load lugger then go for the xevo. the rambla has a shorter wheelbase than the xevo so it is more suited to city riding. but bum on seats go for a test ride of both scooter.

argentum melle
  • 04-26-2010 03:37 PM In reply to

• dozer.
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 10-26-2008
    • Albury, N.S.W
    • Posts 2,432

I'd go the rambla, cos it looks better, has bigger wheels, and I love saying "rambla", it rolls off the tongue doesn't it? Rrrrraamblaaaaa. (say it with a Spanish accent)
    DOZER.
  • 04-26-2010 04:53 PM In reply to

silverflyer:

you need to work out what you are going to use the scooter for. commuting in the city or long country runs. if you don't want or need much storage space then go the rambla. but if you need a load lugger then go for the xevo. the rambla has a shorter wheelbase than the xevo so it is more suited to city riding. but bum on seats go for a test ride of both scooter.

Mmmmm.. I agree, need to ride them and see...

The X7 was nice but would need to have it over a weekend

to fully test it and see if it suits, same with the Rambla (in spanish...LOL)

and the Xevo

Cheers P Big Smile

• 04-26-2010 04:57 PM In reply to

Guvnor77:

Sorry if I caused any embarassement with my assumptions about height Pete. Anyway, the Xevo to me is more suited for freeway cruising, protected and stylish with good storage, the Rambla is more of a fun machine, so probably depends on your riding style and journeys made.

ROFLMAO, nah wasnt embarrassed at all (wink)

At my age, the garden gnome look goes with the grey hair (hehehehehe)

I think I will have to ride them and see.... only solution I guess

Page 1 of 1 (13 items)

ADVERTISEMENT

©2007 ScooterSales.com.au