Scooter
Community

Life to the T MAX!

Last post 06-30-2016 09:15 PM by fluffy. 455 replies.
Page 23 of 31 (456 items) « First ... < Previous 21 22 23 24 25 Next > ... Last »
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-11-2015 06:19 PM In reply to

Re: Life to the T MAX!

White Fang:
    Well for just under $420 including delivery you could get one of these - see fleebay item # 121253054673

Pete G fitted the same brand same seller to his Nexus 500 - he's happy...

EDIT: actually for a 2008 - 2011 Tmax 500 - but I think they fit..???

Brand has been noted.  Not a bad price really.  If I remember rightly, reading one of Pete's old posts he fitted one of these to his older TMax.   Will do some youtubing to see how they sound.   Volume is a big thing for me.  Nothing I hate more than those tiny 250s with cans on them that are soooo loud you hear them for miles.   Especially since they just seem to make a lot of noise without actually going anywhere. 

Started out with a Zip 50. Now moving on to a HD 200. Wonder what's next....?? Not wondering any more.... TMAX!!!!!!
  • 05-11-2015 10:32 PM In reply to

• petegailey
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-03-2008
    • Cleared off, up the Mid Nth Coast
    • Posts 7,090

Actually I always wanted to but never did put a pipe on my 07 Tmax.

In my experience a pipe on a 4 stroke doesn't necessarily improve performance, just lets you be heard. As the rider you just become more aware of the revs and it's nice to give a little blat every so often. I like the raw growl the Mivi gives the 500 single in the Nexus. Eccles put one on his Bmw C650gt and its not nearly as growly, but I think that might be the catalytic converter further up the pipe that's quietening it down.

Also the Mivi comes with an extra baffle which I assume is quieter, and it's kilo's lighter. Incidentally the weight difference between the stock pipe and the Mivi was so great that It changed the balance of the Nexus. The Mivi is a slip on and very easy to install and imo it's good bang for buck. It would be really interesting to hear an angry Tmax with the volume up, a lot different than the chudder chudder of a single.

........But for a budget mod the Dr Pulley Sliders are the best bang for buck on any auto scoot.

Daelim NS 125: Mighty 1st scoot from Korea that punched way above its weight. Sold
    Vespa GTS 250: Modern Retro brilliance. I'll ride it til it dies.Traded in on a maxi.
    Suzuki DR650: "That Thing" Excellent Single 650 thumper chook chaser that was too tall. Sold
    Yamaha T Max: Best Maxi out there and serious canyon racer. Sold
    Triumph Bonneville: Modern Retro brilliance with the sweetest parallel twin.
    BMW F800R: The Naked Hun. Great intro into sports bikes.
    Gilera Runner FXR 180: 2 stroke scooter missile from Piaggio.
    Gilera Nexus 500. Sexy like red Italian stilettos.
    Yamaha RZ250RR: Retro Japanese 2 stroke racer.
  • 05-12-2015 06:09 PM In reply to

petegailey:

Actually I always wanted to but never did put a pipe on my 07 Tmax.

Also the Mivi comes with an extra baffle which I assume is quieter, and it's kilo's lighter. Incidentally the weight difference between the stock pipe and the Mivi was so great that It changed the balance of the Nexus. The Mivi is a slip on and very easy to install and imo it's good bang for buck. It would be really interesting to hear an angry Tmax with the volume up, a lot different than the chudder chudder of a single.

........But for a budget mod the Dr Pulley Sliders are the best bang for buck on any auto scoot.

Maybe I was reading your post about the Nexus.   Too many posts to read and keep up with.   I want to add a little volume but moreso just remove the rubbish factory sound.  Apparently Yamaha offer Akropovic exhausts.  The price is likely to be rather scary though.

The head salesman at my dealer reckons best mod for TMax are the variators like JCosta or Malossi.  He said it removes the slight hesitation on take off but also improves acceleration and top speed.   I will likely be heading down that path once my factory warranty wears out.  For now I'll just look for making it sound a little cooler. 

Started out with a Zip 50. Now moving on to a HD 200. Wonder what's next....?? Not wondering any more.... TMAX!!!!!!
  • 05-12-2015 07:15 PM In reply to

• dbm
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-05-2009
    • Posts 270

petegailey:

Ooooooooh yeeeeeaaah! :-D

• 05-12-2015 10:07 PM In reply to

• petegailey
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-03-2008
    • Cleared off, up the Mid Nth Coast
    • Posts 7,090

The sliders will get rid of any lag for about $60

Daelim NS 125: Mighty 1st scoot from Korea that punched way above its weight. Sold
    Vespa GTS 250: Modern Retro brilliance. I'll ride it til it dies.Traded in on a maxi.
    Suzuki DR650: "That Thing" Excellent Single 650 thumper chook chaser that was too tall. Sold
    Yamaha T Max: Best Maxi out there and serious canyon racer. Sold
    Triumph Bonneville: Modern Retro brilliance with the sweetest parallel twin.
    BMW F800R: The Naked Hun. Great intro into sports bikes.
    Gilera Runner FXR 180: 2 stroke scooter missile from Piaggio.
    Gilera Nexus 500. Sexy like red Italian stilettos.
    Yamaha RZ250RR: Retro Japanese 2 stroke racer.
  • 05-13-2015 08:23 AM In reply to

dbm:

Ooooooooh yeeeeeaaah! :-D

+1 

See my post on slider install on page 19 of this thread...

Life without a Tmax is possible, but would almost be useless…
  • 05-13-2015 10:18 PM In reply to

HB-Zip50:

Anyone know why this occurs? 

Found this - Puig 7358N - should keep it clean

TIP - to remove the silver end cover remove the 4 lower screws only - the top one is just for decoration...

• 05-14-2015 05:53 PM In reply to

Unless it's made of unobtanium or some other exotic metal that should be substantially cheaper than a rear pipe. 

• 05-14-2015 07:32 PM In reply to

• dbm
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-05-2009
    • Posts 270

White Fang:

See my post on slider install on page 19 of this thread...

You make it look so simple. I cheated and had them installed at the 20k service :-D. Launching from traffic lights is a whole new experience after the oem ones. 

• 05-15-2015 02:30 PM In reply to

Not sure if anyone cares or not, but have been watching the Giro D'Italia on TV most nights this week and noticed that the race marshalls are all riding 2015 Tmax's.  

Great to see sooo many.  Nice grey colour as well

• 05-15-2015 02:32 PM In reply to

dbm:
    You make it look so simple. I cheated and had them installed at the 20k service :-D. Launching from traffic lights is a whole new experience after the oem ones. 

I will likely do the same thing at my 10000km service.  Given by then my warranty will be up so then it's open slather with what I am allowed to do.   Well, what the budget will allow me to do.

• 05-15-2015 03:58 PM In reply to

HB-Zip50:

I will likely do the same thing at my 10000km service.  Given by then my warranty will be up so then it's open slather with what I am allowed to do.   Well, what the budget will allow me to do.

Geez - you'll be sorry when you find out the difference - why wait...?

I did mine when the bike was only a few weeks old....!

• 05-15-2015 04:40 PM In reply to

White Fang:
    Geez - you'll be sorry when you find out the difference - why wait...?

I did mine when the bike was only a few weeks old....!

Because at the moment I have neither the space or the tools to do the work myself.  To give it to Yamaha for just that would likely be an extortionate fee.   So for now i'm happy to wait. Especially going into winter, the last thing I need is quicker take off. 

• 05-15-2015 05:23 PM In reply to

HB-Zip50:

Because at the moment I have neither the space or the tools to do the work myself. 

Well HB here's an offer - ride on around (half the country for you....) and I'll put you up and learn you the ropes (and pulleys too)....?

• 05-19-2015 04:34 PM In reply to

White Fang:

Well HB here's an offer - ride on around (half the country for you....) and I'll put you up and learn you the ropes (and pulleys too)....?

Depending on Yamaha servicing costs that might almost be viable.  Heck of a road trip..... only issue, I'd need to get it serviced again when I got back.

Page 23 of 31 (456 items) « First ... < Previous 21 22 23 24 25 Next > ... Last »

ADVERTISEMENT

©2007 ScooterSales.com.au