Scooter
Community

Life to the T MAX!

Last post 06-30-2016 09:15 PM by fluffy. 455 replies.
Page 28 of 31 (456 items) « First ... < Previous 26 27 28 29 30 Next > ... Last »
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-16-2015 02:46 PM In reply to

Re: Life to the T MAX!

They appear a good addition to the TMax, I will have to investigate.

In the meantime, I have added daytime visibility lights, two strips just below the windscreen and two circular led lights near the axle.

I refuse to grow old until I grow up.
    Growing up is for people with nothing better to do with their lives.
  • 10-16-2015 05:48 PM In reply to

• fluffy
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 06-26-2009
    • Earlwood
    • Posts 241

Thanks Ian, I guess I'll try to wait! If I read page 19 *again* I probably won't be able to wait but...

Re the tmax in the photos, it is a '13 or '14 model I think. The Iron Max for '15 had a satin black paint (particularly lovely), gold anodised forks, alloy foot plates, and another special seat. The special seat in the photo is the optional comfort seat.

edit: Just noticed the windscreen extension above. How has this been? I find I get a lot of buffeting with the screen high, its better on low for me then my head is (mostly) above the turbulence.

Brad

Tmax, Naughty Kimmy.
    Mavis the Beverly, a feisty shunter, sold!
  • 10-18-2015 08:20 AM In reply to

• dbm
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-05-2009
    • Posts 270

fluffy:

My dr. Pulleys turned up today. 

Those little babies are going to put a Big Smile on your dial. Just remember your right wrist is directly connected to your back pocket... Enjoy

• 10-19-2015 10:56 AM In reply to

• DaveO
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 10-13-2010
    • Cow Flat NSW
    • Posts 290

Nice pic of the Tmax with the Tardis momentarily passing through through your garage, Vampire!

The Red Menace
  • 10-19-2015 01:52 PM In reply to

Struth - it wasn't there when I took the photo. Indifferent

I refuse to grow old until I grow up.
    Growing up is for people with nothing better to do with their lives.
  • 11-04-2015 08:37 PM In reply to

fluffy:

Thanks Ian, I guess I'll try to wait! If I read page 19 *again* I probably won't be able to wait but...

Hey Brad,

Wondering if your still looking for a pulley job this Saturday?

Ian

Life without a Tmax is possible, but would almost be useless…
  • 11-06-2015 08:37 PM In reply to

• fluffy
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 06-26-2009
    • Earlwood
    • Posts 241

Ooh yes! How can I resist a double-entendre like that!?

I PM'd

Brad

Tmax, Naughty Kimmy.
  • 11-08-2015 08:20 PM In reply to

• fluffy
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 06-26-2009
    • Earlwood
    • Posts 241

A massive thank you to Ian. Dr. Pulleys are in, and make a significant difference.

With stock rollers, the Tmax has a tendency to hesitate below 5000 rpm, before picking up the pace considerably when revving past this point. I shall call this The Dead Zone, and it could be quite frustrating in urban commuting or tight twisties with hairpins.

I took a conservative approach with the Dr. Pulleys and went for 17g, which moves that hesitation point up above 5000, into the meat of maximum torque. Consequently acceleration is more consistent and much harder.

Dr. Pulleys can settle-in a bit after a week or so, if the revs drop out of that sweet spot I might order some 16g. Or as Ian said, why not 15's?

Brad

Tmax, Naughty Kimmy.
  • 11-20-2015 02:54 PM In reply to

http://www.motorcycle.com/manufacturer/yamaha.html

Hi all There's  a new model Tmax called the lux max hope that link helps you find it otherwise just Google it. 

• 11-21-2015 10:46 PM In reply to

There was a very nice looking (black) Tmax on the Yamaha stand at the show on Fri.Ick!

Then again the Aprilia 850 looked the goods.Big Smile Everything I read on the Aprilia indicates it doesn't

tick all the boxes? I can't for the life of me see why. Similar size to the Burger and it sure as hell has more grunt.

That manna engine is an absolute mongrel for powerCool Ride height and comfort appeared great and looks to kill for!

Is it the maintenance costs or are there reliability issues? After sitting on it I was impressedYes

Cheers Rev

Current ride Maxsym 400i. Suzuki Boulevard C50. BMW F650 GS. BMW R1200GS. Gone but not forgotten BMW K1200R. sold. plus a heap of boxes that have added up to some neat and not so neat old motorcycles.
  • 11-22-2015 05:56 PM In reply to

Scooter rev:

Then again the Aprilia 850 looked the goods......

Is it the maintenance costs or are there reliability issues? After sitting on it I was impressedYes

How about too heavy, too powerful for the brakes and suspension, not much storage and way too pricey...well the one I rode about 3 years ago anyway. The Mana is much better!

Life without a Tmax is possible, but would almost be useless…
  • 11-22-2015 07:33 PM In reply to

• fluffy
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 06-26-2009
    • Earlwood
    • Posts 241

Scooter rev:

There was a very nice looking (black) Tmax on the Yamaha stand at the show on Fri.Ick!

That black Tmax was the Iron Max, and *newsflash* there are more in stock!  There weren't when I bought Kimmy, but i rather like the matt silver now, its very easy to look after.

Brad

Tmax, Naughty Kimmy.
  • 05-10-2016 11:07 AM In reply to

So I have found the first thing that has frustrated me being a TMax owner in Australia.   Although this may be a reflection on Yamaha dealers rather than the TMax itself.

Long story short, had a run in with a car around 4 weeks ago.  Travelling in left lane on dual lane road, cars in the right lane stopped to allow a car coming the other way to turn right....... he failed to check that anything was in the left lane and turned across in front of me.

Firstly, ABS brakes..... worth every single cent.  Secondly, geez the TMax can wash off the speed when you haul them on.   Unfortunately I wasn't able to drop enough speed and basically skimmed the front bumper of the car which threw me off balance and over I went on my side. 

Damage was more superficial as the bike was still rideable to get me home, but the fairings certainly look worse for wear and a few tabs underneath the plastics that hold things in place have snapped off.  Really, I consider myself pretty lucky as another second or two and I likely would have found myself wedge in the side of a ford falcon.

Anyway.... onto my issue...... insurance companies argued a little and repairs were approved around a week and half ago....... parts ordered last Monday......4 to 5 weeks to arrive from Japan.....dealer said basically due to the TMax not being popular they barely have any stock of parts so everything has to be one off ordered in.   I asked whether other bikes had the same problem.... he said a couple, but mostly just the scooter range. 

Lastly..... WEAR PROTECTIVE GEAR.  I have a slight graze on my ankle.... and a sore shoulder.   That's it.   

Started out with a Zip 50. Now moving on to a HD 200. Wonder what's next....?? Not wondering any more.... TMAX!!!!!!
  • 05-10-2016 11:14 AM In reply to

Glad you are OK Big Smile and yep parts can take a while even for popular models when they aren't consumables Sad

You could always customise

• 05-12-2016 06:52 PM In reply to

Great idea Pyrah..... perhaps that frame set up with the engine from the Lazereth build.  Fun fun

Started out with a Zip 50. Now moving on to a HD 200. Wonder what's next....?? Not wondering any more.... TMAX!!!!!!
Page 28 of 31 (456 items) « First ... < Previous 26 27 28 29 30 Next > ... Last »

ADVERTISEMENT

©2007 ScooterSales.com.au