Scooter
Community

Life to the T MAX!

Last post 06-30-2016 09:15 PM by fluffy. 455 replies.
Page 30 of 31 (456 items) « First ... < Previous 27 28 29 30 31 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-18-2016 08:10 PM In reply to

Re: Life to the T MAX!

Big Smile More money for them Yes

• 05-19-2016 06:25 PM In reply to

Exactly.  So I'll have a completely refreshed TMax. 

Now to decide whether to keep it or not.

Started out with a Zip 50. Now moving on to a HD 200. Wonder what's next....?? Not wondering any more.... TMAX!!!!!!
  • 05-20-2016 11:32 PM In reply to

• fluffy
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 06-26-2009
    • Earlwood
    • Posts 241

If I had a free choice right now, I'd get another tmax. Now I know it can take me up to Maclean the long way, and take me to work in the city every day, I can't see the point having anything else. At least until I get a bigger garage.

Brad

Tmax, Naughty Kimmy.
    Mavis the Beverly, a feisty shunter, sold!
  • 05-20-2016 11:46 PM In reply to

fluffy:

If I had a free choice right now, I'd get another tmax. Now I know it can take me up to Maclean the long way, and take me to work in the city every day, I can't see the point having anything else. At least until I get a bigger garage.

I know exactly what you mean however my family just increased from two to three and soon a 4 wheeled vehicle will be needed.  The Tmax is good.... but not that good. 

Started out with a Zip 50. Now moving on to a HD 200. Wonder what's next....?? Not wondering any more.... TMAX!!!!!!
  • 05-21-2016 12:13 AM In reply to

Decision time Big Smile + 

+

• 05-21-2016 12:18 AM In reply to

+

Stick out tongue

• 05-21-2016 12:30 AM In reply to

You put forward a compelling case, Pyrah. The second one would work because i already spend more time on my push bike than i do on or in anything petrol powered.

The Grom idea is a novelty for now. The TMax would certainly be nicer through winter. Car purchase doesnt have to be made until January. 

• 05-21-2016 10:37 AM In reply to

• dbm
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-05-2009
    • Posts 270

HB-Zip50:

You put forward a compelling case, Pyrah. The second one would work because i already spend more time on my push bike than i do on or in anything petrol powered.

The Grom idea is a novelty for now. The TMax would certainly be nicer through winter. Car purchase doesnt have to be made until January. 

First-born resulted in the replacement of two perfectly good cars to that would take a capsule. Get a MP3 and use the pet carrier under the saddle as the capsule. With the boot closed no-one would ever know 😉😉

• 05-21-2016 11:24 AM In reply to

LOL this is the car i had to replace Sad

• 05-21-2016 06:08 PM In reply to

We'll as far as cars go

I guess that was pretty nice Wink

• 05-23-2016 12:48 PM In reply to

pyrah:

LOL this is the car i had to replace Sad

I feel your pain Pyrah.   Prior to mortgage and marriage I had three cars.

A 1972 Mini Clubman - Nicely modded 1293.

A 1976 Mini Cooper - Fitted with Twin Cam 1.3 Suzuki GTi engine.

A 1992 EG Civic - Fitted with 1.8 Type R engine.

Sold all of these as I was struggling to use them enough to keep the batteries charged.  That's when I bought my Zip50..... boy was that a long way to fall. ha ha.

• 05-24-2016 07:12 PM In reply to

You've still got one of the only scooters that can chase a sports bike through the twisties. 

• 05-25-2016 10:14 AM In reply to

jpfvita:

You've still got one of the only scooters that can chase a sports bike through the twisties. 

True.  But both my Civic and Gti Mini would leave my TMax behind.  :-)

• 06-09-2016 03:09 PM In reply to

Fellow TMax owners....

So I was topping up my fuel yesterday and in doing so raised a question when it comes to brimming the tank......

Normally I stop at the little guard about 2 inches inside the neck of the tank.  Wondered to myself, what happens when you go over that.... it fills up, but then drains away.  So I put a bit more in... same thing fills up then drains away...... where does it go?  

Do bike tanks have a breather at the top of the filler neck?  Will it ever fill all the way to the top?

• 06-09-2016 11:30 PM In reply to

• vortexau
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on 10-25-2008
    • Plainland Q, on the Warrego Hwy
    • Posts 462

Overfil my Burgman Exec (keep on going after the pump click-stop) and the excess fuel runs straight out the narrow black flexible hose which empties out on the tarmac down near the centrestand.  In other words, I'd just be rinsing away oil stains on the forecourt, while creating a fire hazard - and all while the Total Cost tumblers on the fuel bowser count up a even higher drain from my wallet.

Burgman fuel tank, filler, and hoses

The long thin black hose is the overflow drain tube.  The big Burgman has an automobile-type filler just ahead of the tail lamps on the lefthand side.

Unfortunately, no. It requires something with a little more kick . . . plutonium!
Page 30 of 31 (456 items) « First ... < Previous 27 28 29 30 31 Next >

ADVERTISEMENT

©2007 ScooterSales.com.au