Scooter
Community

Life to the T MAX!

Last post 06-30-2016 09:15 PM by fluffy. 455 replies.
Page 31 of 31 (456 items) « First ... < Previous 27 28 29 30 31
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-10-2016 11:28 AM In reply to

Re: Life to the T MAX!

vortexau:

Overfil my Burgman Exec (keep on going after the pump click-stop) and the excess fuel runs straight out the narrow black flexible hose which empties out on the tarmac down near the centrestand.  In other words, I'd just be rinsing away oil stains on the forecourt, while creating a fire hazard - and all while the Total Cost tumblers on the fuel bowser count up a even higher drain from my wallet

Thanks, Vortexau.   I had a feeling that was the case however to date I've not spotted anything dropping out the bottom.   I had a look underneath last night and spotted what looks to be the overfil pipe poking out the bottom.   Now I know, don't keep going  as it justs cost me money with no gain.

Started out with a Zip 50. Now moving on to a HD 200. Wonder what's next....?? Not wondering any more.... TMAX!!!!!!
  • 06-28-2016 02:07 PM In reply to

TMax 10,000km service is approaching and  that means servicing time.....

Just wondering what, if any, issues people had when it came to the 10k km service?  From what I have read, it's just another minor ish service with oils and filters being replaced.  I'll probably go for new brake pads too, but thats purely cause mine squeak at lower speeds.

Belts and CVT related items should still be all good?   Just wanting to be prepared so I don't get the "this needs to be done or it'll blow up" speil from the dealer.

Cheers

H

Started out with a Zip 50. Now moving on to a HD 200. Wonder what's next....?? Not wondering any more.... TMAX!!!!!!
  • 06-28-2016 08:21 PM In reply to

• dbm
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-05-2009
    • Posts 270

The dealer is not going to tell you the dr pulleys are missing.

• 06-30-2016 03:31 AM In reply to

I wouldnt bet on that. !!

• 06-30-2016 12:25 PM In reply to

dbm:

The dealer is not going to tell you the dr pulleys are missing.

You say that.   The salesman that sold it to me was an Italian fella who had owned every Tmax from each year since it was introduced.   He was saying to go the whole exhaust, JCosta Variator, Sliders path before I even purchased. ha ha.

• 06-30-2016 09:15 PM In reply to

• fluffy
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 06-26-2009
    • Earlwood
    • Posts 241

10k service is nothing special. Belt is not till 20k, then not much until 40 which is rear toothed belt and valve clearance. I needed tyres around 10 though. 

Brad

Tmax, Naughty Kimmy.
    Mavis the Beverly, a feisty shunter, sold!
Page 31 of 31 (456 items) « First ... < Previous 27 28 29 30 31

ADVERTISEMENT

©2007 ScooterSales.com.au