Scooter
Community

Life to the T MAX!

Last post 06-30-2016 09:15 PM by fluffy. 455 replies.
Page 5 of 31 (456 items) « First ... < Previous 3 4 5 6 7 Next > ... Last »
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-17-2010 05:21 PM In reply to

Re: Life to the T MAX!

Shame your not in Perth.. We could have a drag race. Yes you would win but only just.

Scooters and Buggies
  • 06-18-2010 03:05 PM In reply to

i'm taking back what i said..... you would win... not any more.. lighter roller weights/sliders in my xciting 500 have made a huge difference...0 to 100 in 4 seconds... cya..

Scooters and Buggies
  • 06-18-2010 05:28 PM In reply to

glenn:

i'm taking back what i said..... you would win... not any more.. lighter roller weights/sliders in my xciting 500 have made a huge difference...0 to 100 in 4 seconds... cya..

as a modder myself... gonna have say i find that hard to believe

as far as i can see the xciting has 37hp and weighs 220kg dry... so realistically around 250kg...

Beo is around 50kg lighter and the power is around 40hp (pre mods) and with some serious modification it is a bit below 6 sec to 100km...  i think your speedo might be out, or your counting Stick out tongue

These guys here did a test on a stock machine... stock time is 10.4sec

so you are telling me that changing the rollers took SIX seconds off your 0-100 time!!!!

it also says the speedo is REALLY out it indicated 100km/h but was only doing 86km/h in real life!!!!!!

here is the link

hell it says that your scooter stock takes 4.5 seconds to get to 50km/h let alone 100...

PS I am in perth... with my Beo 500 Stick out tongue ... waiting... 

Piaggio 250 BV type R

Aprilia Scarabeo 250ie
  • 06-18-2010 10:57 PM In reply to

oooh, can i see the makings of a good old fashioned drag race?  <- starts chant "race, race, race, race". Looser buys a 6 pack of beer. Race to 120kph from a stand still. Or maybe not Big Smile

Scarabeo 500ie. J costa variator, Giannelli Exhaust, Malossi Cam, Dr Pulley Clutch, and SX appeal cup holder. GONE

Bought a ducati, missed scootering so now riding a Vespa 300 super. Polini variator, PM tuning exhaust, Malossi clutch springs jettin bar ends with mirrors, heated grips and still an SX appeal cup holder.
  • 07-06-2010 07:22 PM In reply to

• petegailey
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-03-2008
    • Cleared off, up the Mid Nth Coast
    • Posts 7,090

Life to the Tmax buck naked.

Daelim NS 125: Mighty 1st scoot from Korea that punched way above its weight. Sold
    Vespa GTS 250: Modern Retro brilliance. I'll ride it til it dies.Traded in on a maxi.
    Suzuki DR650: "That Thing" Excellent Single 650 thumper chook chaser that was too tall. Sold
    Yamaha T Max: Best Maxi out there and serious canyon racer. Sold
    Triumph Bonneville: Modern Retro brilliance with the sweetest parallel twin.
    BMW F800R: The Naked Hun. Great intro into sports bikes.
    Gilera Runner FXR 180: 2 stroke scooter missile from Piaggio.
    Gilera Nexus 500. Sexy like red Italian stilettos.
    Yamaha RZ250RR: Retro Japanese 2 stroke racer.
  • 07-06-2010 07:27 PM In reply to

• petegailey
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-03-2008
    • Posts 7,090

A couple of pics from the GRO to Shoalhaven Heads

Daelim NS 125: Mighty 1st scoot from Korea that punched way above its weight. Sold
    Vespa GTS 250: Modern Retro brilliance. I'll ride it til it dies.Traded in on a maxi.
    Suzuki DR650: "That Thing" Excellent Single 650 thumper chook chaser that was too tall. Sold
  • 07-06-2010 08:01 PM In reply to

• petegailey
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-03-2008
    • Posts 7,090

• 07-08-2010 05:19 PM In reply to

• petegailey
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-03-2008
    • Posts 7,090

Was planning to head up the coast this morning. Had a flash to drop in to the motorcycle shop to buy a throttle lever and a CO2 nozzle in case of a puncture. Got 10 minutes up the freeway, Blackmax was handling really wierdly, then realised I had a flat rear. A big chunk of rubber about the size of a ten cent piece had been cut from the tyre. I managed to patch it up and partially inflate the tyre but it still had a slow leak so I hobbled back to Sydney stopping every 10 minutes for more air. Got down to Balmain Motorcycles (the best tyre shop in Syd) and replaced the tyre. Fitted while I waited. (4,000ks.) Ended up getting a Bridgestone Battlax. $250 plus $50 fitting. They're big tyres on the Tmax, still, bloody expensive puncture but I was glad I could get back home and didn't have to get the TMax transported back to town.

Anyway every things ready to go for take 2, all except this dumb rain.

• 07-08-2010 07:36 PM In reply to

• TonyW
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 06-06-2010
    • NSW Central Coast
    • Posts 26

Hi Pete sorry to hear of your woes today Didn't know that you were clairvoyant though must be a good repair kit to deal with that size hole where are the pics or weren't you feeling very photographic?

All Shook Up on my TMAX......uh huh!
  • 07-08-2010 07:53 PM In reply to

• petegailey
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-03-2008
    • Posts 7,090

No pics, too busy trying to work out the mechanics of the puncture repair operation with Semis flying meters away from me at Hwy speeds. There were two cuts into the centre of the tyre which I blocked with rubber plugs and glue. All a bit dodgey. I was glad that I wasn't miles away from service stations or I would've been in deep s**t. Need to get a better inflation system like a mini air compressor that clips onto the battery. Got to be better than the CO2 cylinders. Punctures can be a real problem if you're on two wheels.

• 07-09-2010 02:16 PM In reply to

Pete you need something like this little air compressor  . Ordered some new tyres for the car today 195/55/15 $125 each fitted Smile

• 07-10-2010 04:15 PM In reply to

• petegailey
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-03-2008
    • Posts 7,090

Thats like the one i was looking at.

Finally got up the Coast on Friday. Had to cope with heavy showers then dry roads and back to showers. Eventually got onto a dry track only to end up PAYING my respects to the Northern NSW Constabulary. Bugger! Despite all that it was a nice ride and Blackmax went well.

• 07-10-2010 05:38 PM In reply to

LOL poor Pete. Didn't you suggest that they check their obviously faulty gear as EVERYONE knows that scooters can't speed! Wink

I have to laugh when I find myself getting frustrated when yet another cop with a radar gun lowers it as I approach on my scooter. One day I'm going to fang it right infront of them just to show I can speed with the best of them! Devil

Wanda
    Today 50 (2,500km), Montego. Fly (2,500km), Le Grande (7,000km), Vespa PX (200km), Vespa GTS250ie (46,000km), now looking at the world through Ruby coloured glasses on a Vespa GTV300ie Vie Della Moda.
  • 07-10-2010 06:05 PM In reply to

• MerrilyW
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-03-2008
    • I dream it I am there :-)
    • Posts 325

Which reminds me...my very blonde and zany sister was stopped for speeding in her VW Bug (yes complete with daisy on the dashboard!) last week in Auckland. When he had done with the formalities - she asked him if he was married. Somewhat startled he said that yes he most definitely was! "Good" she said....."so let me give you these magazines - there are some great articles about marriage and relationships and avoiding the divorce traps in them. I am sure you will enjoy them and get a lot out of them."

With that she reached over and handed him a couple of Watchtowers --yes she is a Jehovahs Witness!

He was flabbergasted and took them without a murmur - So on her way she went satisfied that despite getting a speeding ticket she could clock up some Witnessing time to account for to her brothers and sisters at Church....which is where she was heading at the time.

Needless to say they thought it very funny but also pointed out to her gently that she was actually breaking the law! haha!

I do like her style though! Smile

Proud owner of Vespa GTS250ie - Ferrari Red..or some colour like that :-) with a BMW cool bike on the side...and a custom built Repsol Honda PCX finishes the stable.
  • 07-10-2010 07:06 PM In reply to

I don't no Pete how many points have you got left to play with

Page 5 of 31 (456 items) « First ... < Previous 3 4 5 6 7 Next > ... Last »

ADVERTISEMENT

©2007 ScooterSales.com.au