Scooter
Community

2010 International Ride to Work Day 21st June

Last post 05-27-2010 01:13 PM by Rod Fountain. 18 replies.
Page 1 of 2 (19 items) 1 2 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-23-2010 01:56 PM

2010 International Ride to Work Day 21st June

Monday 21st June will be recognised around the world as "Ride to Work Day "for Motorcycles and Scooters

This is the day to show that Scooters are an acceptable form of transport to go to work on ,,further they are cheap to run/save fuel  ,save on travel time ,take up less space in the traffic and parking and   the community shouild  be encouraged to consider the positive values of owning a scooter

Tell and show your boss and workmates the benifits .

So is your club or local Scooter dealer promoting the day????????????????????????????????

Details can be obtained from www.ridetowork.org where information and material can be obtained .

Lets join  the USA ,Canada France,Germany ,Phillipines Turkey,Mexico  ,Russia, GB and  many more countries and show the public how we to love our scooters . 

DONT FORGET THE DATE -----MONDAY 21ST JUNE  

riding for fun
  • 05-23-2010 02:39 PM In reply to

• Jax
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-23-2008
    • Sydney
    • Posts 3,129

Re: 2010 International Ride to Work Day 21st June

This is the Australian link http://ridetowork.org.au/.

On their front page they say the date is 15 June ...

It used to be run by MCC but a visit to their website has no publicity either.

Need scooter parking? www.mcnetwork.com.au on the web or on your iPhone or Android phone
    MCNetwork - using Google maps to plot every parking spot, every dealer, every shop - linked to every product for your scooter.

• 05-23-2010 03:21 PM In reply to

• 15UZU
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 01-08-2009
    • Slacks Creek, QLD
    • Posts 1,140

Whoooohoooo (*sarcastic*)........it's ride to work day for me every day........what's going to be next......"International Think of an Original Theme Day Day"?

2010 PGO X-Hot 150cc - clocking up the kays
    2006 Vmoto Monza 50cc - to be rebuilt......I wonder if I can get this TMAX 500 engine in here??? o_O
    2005 Vmoto Monza 50cc - in the rebuild phase
    2002 Aprilia SR50 50cc - currently out on loan
  • 05-24-2010 12:48 AM In reply to

• Magoo
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 07-05-2008
    • WA
    • Posts 804

realistically....for WA, it will never happen. Too many ****** on the roads and no police seriously enforcing anything here.

• 05-24-2010 01:16 AM In reply to

• Linz
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-09-2008
    • Macarthur, NSW
    • Posts 914

Jax:

This is the Australian link http://ridetowork.org.au/.

On their front page they say the date is 15 June ...

It used to be run by MCC but a visit to their website has no publicity either.

Strange...At the top of the Aussie page it says June21,2010 and the big logo says June 21,2010........but scroll down to the bottom...and viola...

June 15 ..!?!?!?!

I think I smell 'cut and paste', from last year maybe???

Don't look at WHO started it up, look at WHAT has been started up.....
  • 05-24-2010 10:14 AM In reply to

• Jax
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-23-2008
    • Sydney
    • Posts 3,129

Linz:
    I think I smell 'cut and paste', from last year maybe???

Yeah perhaps... but there's also no mention of an "event".

Last time - 2006? - we all met at the Hungry Mile and had the TV cameras, coffee carts for brekkie, motorcycling personalities etc etc...

1000 bikes in one place is something that gets noticed, particularly by the politicians - if nothing is organised then it will be another day that passes like any other.

Need scooter parking? www.mcnetwork.com.au on the web or on your iPhone or Android phone
    MCNetwork - using Google maps to plot every parking spot, every dealer, every shop - linked to every product for your scooter.

• 05-24-2010 11:09 AM In reply to

The Event (if it happens ) is for the 3rd Monday in  the month of June which is the 21st

Ignoring  all of those that want to go on with their brain dead remarks --why dont the scooter and bike riders do something to make this event happen

Jax wrote how in 2006 they all met at the Hungry Mile (where ever that is )

How about someone approaches one of the Burger chains and puts a proposal to them that on the morning of the 21st June any customer before 10am who enters carrying a motorcycle crash helmet gets a free burger/egg and bacon muffin  and coffee

This could be done right across OZ with one of the bigger chains and maybe some riders might like to continue the habit of riding to work

I know that Chris Smith on 2GB Sydney and Simon Marney on Sydney ABC both ride scooters and maybethere are  more celebs who could come out and support the day

Maybe some scooter dealers could open early and give riders a free coffee

Does someone else have  another  idea ,without putting out all the crap and negativity that seems to come  in these discussions  

riding for fun
  • 05-24-2010 11:47 AM In reply to

• Jax
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-23-2008
    • Sydney
    • Posts 3,129

Rod Fountain:
    go on with their brain dead remarks

Nice way to garner support there Rod - why don't you insult us some more....

Rod Fountain:
    why dont the scooter and bike riders do something to make this event happen

why dont  YOU do something to make this event happen.

• 05-24-2010 12:29 PM In reply to

• 15UZU
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 01-08-2009
    • Slacks Creek, QLD
    • Posts 1,140

Rod Fountain:

I know that Chris Smith on 2GB Sydney and Simon Marney on Sydney ABC both ride scooters and maybethere are  more celebs who could come out and support the day..........Does someone else have  another  idea ,without putting out all the crap and negativity that seems to come  in these discussions  

Here's my positive contribution for you........Stav from B105 here in Brisbane also rides a scooter. Wink

2010 PGO X-Hot 150cc - clocking up the kays
    2006 Vmoto Monza 50cc - to be rebuilt......I wonder if I can get this TMAX 500 engine in here??? o_O
    2005 Vmoto Monza 50cc - in the rebuild phase
    2002 Aprilia SR50 50cc - currently out on loan
  • 05-24-2010 05:11 PM In reply to

i ride to work nearly everyday already. last couple of years i rode everywhere everyday of the week. will that do?

probably not a lot will happen in perth as noone want to organize anything.

argentum melle
  • 05-26-2010 08:26 AM In reply to

• allen
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 07-19-2007
    • Sydney NSW Australia
    • Posts 6,248

In Sydney...... I am happy to ride to one central location "into town" if people are up for it. I wouldn't even mind interviewing a few riders on why they use a scooter as daily transport. The benefits and thoughts from a real person....

I noticed Today Tonight did a story the other night on what was quicker in a Sydney commute, scooter and motorcycle were totally left out. Anyway if we get a few people together would be happy to do something. Few coffees when we land. 21st would be a Monday.

If enough support happy to do something

Advertise your scooter for FREE on Scootersales.com.au
    www.scootersales.com.au
    www.quadsales.com.au
  • 05-26-2010 08:32 AM In reply to

• TRA
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 05-09-2010
    • Posts 302

I am happy to participate in a group ride from bris northside (I am at virginia) and maybe meet at a central location in Brisbane

• 05-26-2010 09:26 AM In reply to

• Jax
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-23-2008
    • Sydney
    • Posts 3,129

I've tried to contact the organisers to find out who they are and to see if there's anything planned.

Pity they don't answer their emails Tongue Tied

allen:
    If enough support happy to do something

I'll come and have a coffee with you Allen - your shout ?Wink

Stick out tongue

• 05-26-2010 10:22 AM In reply to

My 2 cents....

A ride to work day?

It's a bit of a wank really.  The people who would be interested to join already do it anyway...no big woop. (Like isuzu said) Those who should join can't or wont because they either don't own a 2 wheel wonder or commute in such a way as to make it impractical to use said machine...

Also in that vein, who takes much notice of the odd machine beetling along on it's commute. ok granted, that the website says this...

Positive media exposure will increase. Sundays are slower ‘news days’ so there will be more coverage like this:  “Look for more motorcycles on your commute tomorrow, as Monday is the annual Ride to Work day…”

I remember this used to be a cause to ride your pushbike not so much towards something for scooters and those other things.

on the website, it also mentions about small minority vs large minorities..... well there you go.

That's why events like Toy runs garner so much support and media exposure.  There's a s.h.i.t.load of bikes all together on one day and cagers sit up and take notice then....

but still, I'd love to be riding to work but it ain't going to happen.

Ya just can't beat having a good tinker.....
  • 05-26-2010 10:33 AM In reply to

It is good to see some positive feed back --contact for more information is  info@ridetowork.org.au

I expect it really doesnt matter whether you ride to work or not but if you drag the scooter out and just go for a ride and let people see you riding may be enough

The thing is to promote Bike and Scooter riding and let the public see how it is an acceptable form of alternative transport to the cage

If you can con your local scooter /bike shop into putting on free coffee for the day that may help .

I am trying to obtain a press release so that I can circulate it to the press /radio and TV

What have we got to lose -we all like riding so why not share it with others

riding for fun
Page 1 of 2 (19 items) 1 2 Next >

ADVERTISEMENT

©2007 ScooterSales.com.au