Scooter
Community

Hello From Kentucky USA

Last post 05-30-2010 10:38 AM by Jobbie. 31 replies.
Page 1 of 3 (32 items) 1 2 3 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-24-2010 12:50 PM

• Kristoff
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 05-29-2009
    • Lexington Ky U.S.A
    • Posts 102

Hello From Kentucky USA

Hello all,

I have not posted in a while, Last time I posted I was riding a SYM HD200, and have since upgraded to the SYM Citicom 300i, I loved my HD and put 5000 miles on her in a yr but felt it was time for a bigger bike since I am riding so much. I'm really liking this new ride. This is still the best and most informative scooter site I have come across. My relatively small but growing scooter club went on a 100 mile round trip ride last Saturday through the backroads of Kentucky, I am sharing the link to a video I made of our ride together. We have had little opportunity to ride this yr due to never ending rain this spring and it was great to be out on our scoots again http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qfBwpxaUBwo

Its not a moped!!
    Filed under: ,
  • 05-24-2010 12:54 PM In reply to

Re: Hello From Kentucky USA

nice moped kristoff thats dardeeStick out tongue

dont get struck by a truck
  • 05-24-2010 01:33 PM In reply to

• Jax
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-23-2008
    • Sydney
    • Posts 3,129

Kentucky = stunning countryside and nice little backroads...

will airfreight you some twisties Kristoff Wink

Need scooter parking? www.mcnetwork.com.au on the web or on your iPhone or Android phone
    MCNetwork - using Google maps to plot every parking spot, every dealer, every shop - linked to every product for your scooter.

• 05-24-2010 01:50 PM In reply to

• Kristoff
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 05-29-2009
    • Lexington Ky U.S.A
    • Posts 102

Yes Jax it is beautiful here but we pay the price for a few months of green countryside, The winters are long and cold, it starts warming up in March, and then we get mostly cloudy rainy days in April and May with terrible storms and tornados and this year record flooding....Very little riding time so we try to make the most of the few months we do get to ride....You guys need to translate for me..I dont know what dardee means or what twisties are Confused

Its not a moped!!
  • 05-24-2010 02:42 PM In reply to

• Jax
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-23-2008
    • Sydney
    • Posts 3,129

Kristoff:
    what twisties are

81 pages of twisties

Need scooter parking? www.mcnetwork.com.au on the web or on your iPhone or Android phone
    MCNetwork - using Google maps to plot every parking spot, every dealer, every shop - linked to every product for your scooter.

• 05-24-2010 02:52 PM In reply to

Congratulations on the new ride glad you like the forum Kristoff  Big Smile

• 05-24-2010 11:53 PM In reply to

dardee is annoying word used by young people in this country... it is slang for "darty" as in darting around... it used to describe something as being desirable or good... it is freakin annoying though and is generally used by young people in lower socioeconomic circles with lower levels of education :p hahahahah 

no seriously every DCP child i have ever worked with used the word with reckless abandon and i never ever really heard it used by anyone else :)  was surprised to see it used on here!! 

Piaggio 250 BV type R

Aprilia Scarabeo 250ie
  • 05-25-2010 01:28 PM In reply to

bunnybash:

dardee is annoying word used by young people in this country... . it is freakin annoying though and is generally used by young people in lower socioeconomic circles with lower levels of education :p hahahahah 

Haha, that explains why I never heard it before. Big Smile

One young guy once referred to my scooter as "fresh" - I think it must be Gen Y's equivalent of "cool".

organiser Hobart Motor Scooter Club

Cool gear and Vespa seat covers at cosmicbreed.com

For info on the National Scooter Rallies open to all riders, go to National Scooter Rally

Remember, don't spend all your time posting on scooter forums - get out there and ride your scooter...
  • 05-25-2010 01:38 PM In reply to

• niks
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 01-22-2009
    • Melbourne
    • Posts 1,114

Kentucky may be a good place for a couple of months but you may like to consider moving to Australia where we have that sort of environment 12 months of the year, heaven one day paradise the next and Im not talking about Queensland LOL.

We must have something special here as Rockerfella, and past American Presidents have all bought properties here , hmmm come to think of it I think its because we have been disarmed and they wish to keep their options open,hehehehe.

Majesty YP 250 plus. "the way to go".
  • 05-25-2010 02:10 PM In reply to

Herbert Hoover was the Gwalia mine manager at Laverton WA . He must have decided on a career change to become the 31st president off the USA Geeked

• 05-25-2010 04:58 PM In reply to

• niks
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 01-22-2009
    • Melbourne
    • Posts 1,114

Nah he saw the benefits as the 31st President to take over our assets completely rather than just manage them on our behalf.Sad

Majesty YP 250 plus. "the way to go".
  • 05-25-2010 06:08 PM In reply to

Big SmileBig SmileBig SmileBig SmileYes 

• 05-25-2010 10:51 PM In reply to

bunnybash:

dardee is annoying word used by young people in this country... it is slang for "darty" as in darting around... it used to describe something as being desirable or good... it is freakin annoying though and is generally used by young people in lower socioeconomic circles with lower levels of education :p hahahahah 

no seriously every DCP child i have ever worked with used the word with reckless abandon and i never ever really heard it used by anyone else :)  was surprised to see it used on here!! 

UNA CUZY BRO

dont get struck by a truck
  • 05-25-2010 11:13 PM In reply to

• Kristoff
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 05-29-2009
    • Lexington Ky U.S.A
    • Posts 102

This is why I love this site !! YesSmile

Its not a moped!!
  • 05-25-2010 11:31 PM In reply to