Scooter
Community

Bend over Boys Part 2

Last post 06-10-2010 09:20 PM by niks. 9 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-10-2010 11:43 AM

• Jax
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-23-2008
    • Sydney
    • Posts 3,129

Bend over Boys Part 2

This morning on Sunrise link to video Harold Scruby from the Pedestrian Council once again put the issue of Front Numberplates back on the table.

The whole interview was a joke BUT it just goes to show what the media will lap up as "reasonable" attack on the two wheeled community.

EVERYONE - and I mean everyone, needs to post a comment on the Sunrise website (here) to show the media that we will no longer take this rubbish lying down.

Ready Set GO !!

Need scooter parking? www.mcnetwork.com.au on the web or on your iPhone or Android phone
    MCNetwork - using Google maps to plot every parking spot, every dealer, every shop - linked to every product for your scooter.

• 06-10-2010 01:04 PM In reply to

Re: Bend over Boys Part 2

Harold Scruby has already done his credibility immense damage of late ... the more TV he does, the more he comes across as a total nutter.  I don't think anyone who matters is lisetening (unless it suits them).  One of the main arguments against front plates is their danger to pedestrians (as well as riders) ...  

As for Sunrise, I ride in a group that knows Kochie quite well - we were waved off onto our annual charity rally ("Corners for Kids") live on Sunrise last February - and I hear a couple of they guys have had quiet words already ...

Sydney / Vespa PX150 & GTS250ie / BMW R1200R
  • 06-10-2010 01:19 PM In reply to

So the old chestnut is back more money no doubt to be spent to re dismiss the idea

Si ‘Thi’ later
  • 06-10-2010 01:48 PM In reply to

every single comment on there is angry at both sunrise and the idiot from the pedastrian council.... why the hell does the pedestrian guy get called in to talk about motorcycles?? 

geez i hate TV, it's like they are in bed with the idiots in government...

Piaggio 250 BV type R

Aprilia Scarabeo 250ie
  • 06-10-2010 02:01 PM In reply to

Comment sent... that Scruby bloke is an idiot.

organiser Hobart Motor Scooter Club

Cool gear and Vespa seat covers at cosmicbreed.com

For info on the National Scooter Rallies open to all riders, go to National Scooter Rally

Remember, don't spend all your time posting on scooter forums - get out there and ride your scooter...
  • 06-10-2010 05:50 PM In reply to

• t2bitha
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on 07-12-2008
    • Brisbane Suburbs
    • Posts 508

does he think the numberplate is a brake?  certainly less brains than both the hosts.  I haven't watched Sunrise for ages. forgot how bad it is.

I wonder if that undercover cop has vision of the HQ scooter riders thru there.I recognised those roadworks in the video and have morons zooming thru those hills in the GC passing you in a blur on double lines. 

35 000 scooting kms and beyond

www.facebook.com/VespadventuresInOz
  • 06-10-2010 08:32 PM In reply to

• hcrun
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on 05-23-2010
    • Canberra
    • Posts 431

Jax:
    This morning on Sunrise link to video ..........The whole interview was a joke BUT it just goes to show what the media will lap up as "reasonable" attack on the two wheeled community.

A complete and utter waste of air-time and, in the case of the Yahoo video, broadband space.

Commercial TV has become the electronic equivalent of the printed diarrhea that passes for "womens magazines" these days.

Mid-life went past too quickly so I'm having a late-life crisis.
  • 06-10-2010 09:08 PM In reply to

• niks
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 01-22-2009
    • Melbourne
    • Posts 1,114

hcrun Yes

Majesty YP 250 plus. "the way to go".
  • 06-10-2010 09:13 PM In reply to

• allen
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 07-19-2007
    • Sydney NSW Australia
    • Posts 6,248

gee what happened that they thought they needed to run this story? The footage as well that was used is just so over the top.

Did some kind of press come out that talked stats ?

Advertise your scooter for FREE on Scootersales.com.au
    www.scootersales.com.au
    www.quadsales.com.au
  • 06-10-2010 09:20 PM In reply to

• niks
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 01-22-2009
    • Melbourne
    • Posts 1,114

Nah sunrise just getting desperate for some mud to boost their flagging (falling) ratings may need to find a replacement for Koshie and send him to help with the Israeli blockade hehehelike promote front number plates for the aid ship LOL

Majesty YP 250 plus. "the way to go".
Page 1 of 1 (10 items)

ADVERTISEMENT

©2007 ScooterSales.com.au