Scooter
Community

Why modify instead of buying faster scooter or m/bike?

Last post 06-18-2010 09:25 AM by Josh93. 62 replies.
Page 1 of 5 (63 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-14-2010 02:56 PM

Why modify instead of buying faster scooter or m/bike?

What are your views?

Mack Truck
  • 06-14-2010 03:13 PM In reply to

Re: Why modify instead of buying faster scooter or m/bike?

an exhaust or etc is cheaper than a new bike and its allready enjoyableSleep

dont get struck by a truck
  • 06-14-2010 03:22 PM In reply to

because the people I know who have bought bigger bikes STILL modify them. Big Smile

Wanda
    Today 50 (2,500km), Montego. Fly (2,500km), Le Grande (7,000km), Vespa PX (200km), Vespa GTS250ie (46,000km), now looking at the world through Ruby coloured glasses on a Vespa GTV300ie Vie Della Moda.
  • 06-14-2010 03:39 PM In reply to

Why indeed? I'd much rather get something that suits my needs and performs as it should in the first place!

• 06-14-2010 04:00 PM In reply to

FUN Big Smile

• 06-14-2010 04:53 PM In reply to

watching peoples reactions when a lil fifty zooms past them

Honda Elite 1990-1996
    Bug Bandit 2004-2009
    Piaggio X7 250ie 2010-
  • 06-14-2010 05:29 PM In reply to

When you love everything about your scooter, but just wish it was a little faster....

Scarabeo 500ie. J costa variator, Giannelli Exhaust, Malossi Cam, Dr Pulley Clutch, and SX appeal cup holder. GONE

Bought a ducati, missed scootering so now riding a Vespa 300 super. Polini variator, PM tuning exhaust, Malossi clutch springs jettin bar ends with mirrors, heated grips and still an SX appeal cup holder.
  • 06-14-2010 05:31 PM In reply to

ferrix:

Why indeed? I'd much rather get something that suits my needs and performs as it should in the first place!

If there was such a perfect bike/scooter I would agreee. But manufacturers don't make a bike called the "adamtassell". yet anyway. If your needs and wants sit spot on with an available bike/scooter then you are luckySmile

Scarabeo 500ie. J costa variator, Giannelli Exhaust, Malossi Cam, Dr Pulley Clutch, and SX appeal cup holder. GONE

Bought a ducati, missed scootering so now riding a Vespa 300 super. Polini variator, PM tuning exhaust, Malossi clutch springs jettin bar ends with mirrors, heated grips and still an SX appeal cup holder.
  • 06-14-2010 05:32 PM In reply to

adamtassell:

When you love everything about your scooter, but just wish it was a little faster....

I still can't believe you sold yours!

Mack Truck
  • 06-14-2010 05:39 PM In reply to

adamtassell:

If there was such a perfect bike/scooter I would agreee. But manufacturers don't make a bike called the "adamtassell". yet anyway.

And if you modify your bike to suit your particular weight, dimensions and eye colour then I'll agree. But mostly people just add the go-faster bits. I certainly scratch my head when I hear about people buying a 50cc scoot then spending huge amounts of money on derestricting, aftermarket pipes, rollers, variators, whatever - ending up spending more than they would on a 300cc machine that will leave their modified 50cc in the dust anyway...

• 06-14-2010 05:48 PM In reply to

ferrix:

adamtassell:

If there was such a perfect bike/scooter I would agreee. But manufacturers don't make a bike called the "adamtassell". yet anyway.

And if you modify your bike to suit your particular weight, dimensions and eye colour then I'll agree. But mostly people just add the go-faster bits. I certainly scratch my head when I hear about people buying a 50cc scoot then spending huge amounts of money on derestricting, aftermarket pipes, rollers, variators, whatever - ending up spending more than they would on a 300cc machine that will leave their modified 50cc in the dust anyway...

Yes I am with you. Although for some the modification process is the point.

• 06-14-2010 05:52 PM In reply to

How many do there own modification work ?

• 06-14-2010 05:54 PM In reply to

gotta admit that I much prefer the bike I have now

Honda Elite 1990-1996
    Bug Bandit 2004-2009
    Piaggio X7 250ie 2010-
  • 06-14-2010 05:59 PM In reply to

ColdCola:

adamtassell:

I still can't believe you sold yours!

I know, I can hardly believe it myself. BunnyBash seems to be really enjoying it at least. Maniac that he is.

I am waiting on my new bike, a Ducati GT1000. In the meantime I am enjoying a change with a vespa GTS 250. If I don't enjoy the ducati then I will be grabbing another scarabeo in 6 months.

• 06-14-2010 06:08 PM In reply to

• TRA
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 05-09-2010
    • Posts 302

I am too lazy to modify. Once upon a time I used to screw with everything mechanical but these days I am pushing to find time to ride at all. So my spare time is now spent riding rather than maintence and modding.

Page 1 of 5 (63 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next >

ADVERTISEMENT

©2007 ScooterSales.com.au