Scooter
Community

in
ADVERTISEMENT
Vespa

just got hit by car

Last post 06-24-2010 05:00 PM by mr.mow. 50 replies.
Page 1 of 4 (51 items) 1 2 3 4 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-19-2010 03:22 PM

just got hit by car

up the *** by an 81 year old

turning right onto marmian he came up behind and didnt stop for traffic

got pushed along the road for 5 metres or so

scooter is looking fucked

im fine just shakey

will write up a parts list for the old bloke to pay

anyone know a panel beater that does good work on vespas in perth

dont get struck by a truck
  • 06-19-2010 03:47 PM In reply to

Re: just got hit by car

Glad you are OK metal is easier to repair than a human

• 06-19-2010 05:08 PM In reply to

That's awful! We had a pedestrian hit and seriously injured in the CBD a few days ago by an old bloke in a car. I think the elderly are the scariest drivers!

Glad to hear you're OK, and I hope you can get the scooter fixed OK. If the frame's bent, the old idiot could be up for lots of $$$s.

organiser Hobart Motor Scooter Club

Cool gear and Vespa seat covers at cosmicbreed.com

For info on the National Scooter Rallies open to all riders, go to National Scooter Rally

Remember, don't spend all your time posting on scooter forums - get out there and ride your scooter...
  • 06-19-2010 05:30 PM In reply to

oh Josh! That's awful! Steve@Ace usually sends people to Motorcycle Panel & Paint in Osborne Park.

SO glad you're ok! We prefer you to be shaken & not broken.

Wanda
    Today 50 (2,500km), Montego. Fly (2,500km), Le Grande (7,000km), Vespa PX (200km), Vespa GTS250ie (46,000km), now looking at the world through Ruby coloured glasses on a Vespa GTV300ie Vie Della Moda.
  • 06-19-2010 05:51 PM In reply to

Thought of you Josh when i heard this song this arvo click (Slip sliding away) Smile

• 06-19-2010 05:58 PM In reply to

LOL yeah it's a good song but REALLY Pyrah, is it suitable for this thread? Stick out tongue

Wanda
    Today 50 (2,500km), Montego. Fly (2,500km), Le Grande (7,000km), Vespa PX (200km), Vespa GTS250ie (46,000km), now looking at the world through Ruby coloured glasses on a Vespa GTV300ie Vie Della Moda.
  • 06-19-2010 06:30 PM In reply to

• Jobbie
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-05-2010
    • Raymond Terrace, NSW
    • Posts 240

Sorry to hear that, mate. Any damage to your gear or yourself?

Aprilia Sportcity 125 - 2007.
    Aprilia Scarabeo 250ie - 2010.
    Piaggio X7 300 Evo - 2019.

3.21 l/100km
  • 06-19-2010 06:37 PM In reply to

Scooternut:

LOL yeah it's a good song but REALLY Pyrah, is it suitable for this thread? Stick out tongue

Wink Sure is Josh as a good sense of humor ( probably needs it today ) Big Smile

• 06-19-2010 06:43 PM In reply to

Knowing Josh he's already downed a beer or two. poor bugger.

Wanda
  • 06-19-2010 07:09 PM In reply to

pyrahYes did do a bit of slip sliding lols

feck

• 06-19-2010 07:11 PM In reply to

Big Smile Didn't think you would appreciate the song Granddad for awhile Big Smile

• 06-20-2010 12:35 AM In reply to

Hey Josh, Been there, done that. It sucks! Have you got insurance? Much damage? Did you go over to the side, or just take the impact from the rear?

Did he just "not see you"?

Glad you are ok.

Scarabeo 500ie. J costa variator, Giannelli Exhaust, Malossi Cam, Dr Pulley Clutch, and SX appeal cup holder. GONE

Bought a ducati, missed scootering so now riding a Vespa 300 super. Polini variator, PM tuning exhaust, Malossi clutch springs jettin bar ends with mirrors, heated grips and still an SX appeal cup holder.
  • 06-20-2010 10:27 AM In reply to

Glad to read you are unscathed joshzingzing. Even if Vespa is not. I fear those right hand turns.

Its time to identify those nannies. Yes bring in the S plate. And submit these offenders to driving tests. Make that apply to all those so called senior citizens. My 12 year old son thinks the S plate is a great idea too.  Then it will be beware that illuminated RED S plate slowly approaching us from behind or dawdling aimlessly in front of us.

You are not the first on this forum to be victim of our aging population. Lets manage it better. Get them off the road if they cannot prove they are capable of being there and those that are, S them.

• 06-20-2010 11:00 AM In reply to

im not sure what  to do

ill have to get a list of parts and prices

mudguard ,rear light assembly ,indicators, legshield trim ,engine side panel ,kickstart lever, brake lever

the back of the frame will need some panel beating also the legshield will too

and the new mudguard and side cowl will need painting

guess ill work out what to do during the week

yes i have insurance the bloke said he'd pay for everything though

he hit the accelerator instead of the brake right behind me,, i gave him an earfull when i stood up..i  thought he was trying to kill me

• 06-20-2010 11:23 AM In reply to

Just read your last sentence joshzingzing. Report this accident to the Police if you have not already. Get this aged incompetent off the road before he does more than cause an innocent like you serious grief with your scooter. 

Page 1 of 4 (51 items) 1 2 3 4 Next >

ADVERTISEMENT

©2007 ScooterSales.com.au