Scooter
Community

in
ADVERTISEMENT
Honda

just got hit by car

Last post 06-24-2010 05:00 PM by mr.mow. 50 replies.
Page 2 of 4 (51 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-20-2010 11:23 AM In reply to

Re: just got hit by car

What did he say?

Scarabeo 500ie. J costa variator, Giannelli Exhaust, Malossi Cam, Dr Pulley Clutch, and SX appeal cup holder. GONE

Bought a ducati, missed scootering so now riding a Vespa 300 super. Polini variator, PM tuning exhaust, Malossi clutch springs jettin bar ends with mirrors, heated grips and still an SX appeal cup holder.
  • 06-20-2010 11:51 AM In reply to

I agree that you do need to report the accident to the police, you could end up paying a fine if you don't. You can do that online these days, there's no need to go in to a police station.

Also take photos of all the damage to the scooter & write down details that you remember of where & when it happened, basically EVERYTHING you can remember.

Wanda
    Today 50 (2,500km), Montego. Fly (2,500km), Le Grande (7,000km), Vespa PX (200km), Vespa GTS250ie (46,000km), now looking at the world through Ruby coloured glasses on a Vespa GTV300ie Vie Della Moda.
  • 06-20-2010 11:51 AM In reply to

yep ive reported it to the police on the phone and on the website

dont get struck by a truck
  • 06-20-2010 03:21 PM In reply to

If you have insurance go through them let them have the hassle of getting the bike fixed & claiming the money back off him . Did he admit it in writing or have you got whitenesses details

• 06-20-2010 03:26 PM In reply to

• fluffy
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 06-26-2009
    • Earlwood
    • Posts 241

Be careful with your insurance- they don't like people going around them, and they could cancel your policy if you enter agreements outside the terms of the policy.  Best to give them a ring and find out what to do- given the circumstances, your insurer will make a recovery from the old bloke anyway and you won't lose any no-claim bonus.  That way, if the old bloke doesn't eventually cough up the cash, the insurers lawyers deal with it and you have nothing to worry about.

In my past incident, after the police charged the pedestrian, my insurer paid in full with no excess.  Insurers are generally pretty good, as long as you don't get a history of "at fault" accidents... this may be the concern of the old bloke BTW, thats why he's offering to pay- doesn't want the at-fault claims on his driving record?

Witnesses definately helped in my case, but in a rear ender its usually pretty clear cut- the accident damage tells the story.

Brad

Tmax, Naughty Kimmy.
    Mavis the Beverly, a feisty shunter, sold!
  • 06-20-2010 03:34 PM In reply to

thanks for your advise guys

thing is the old bloke is from the uk his licence and insurance is all uk

he was driving a hire car

he said he will pay cash for all repairs

ive gotten the quotes he will be up for about 2 grand

anyway ill sort it out tomorrow,

he actually came back to my place to sort things (exchange details etc) out and was in tears over the whole ordeal

• 06-20-2010 03:46 PM In reply to

it's great that you're showing compassion for the old guy. We all make mistakes or sometimes things get out of our control through no fault of our own.Still, for your own protection you need to do what's right by you. Reporting the accident to the police is a good start.

I've certainly done what he did, hit the accelerator instead of the brake, fortunately only resulting in scratches to a car port pole & the car's door being bent back the wrong way. Embarrassed

Wanda
    Today 50 (2,500km), Montego. Fly (2,500km), Le Grande (7,000km), Vespa PX (200km), Vespa GTS250ie (46,000km), now looking at the world through Ruby coloured glasses on a Vespa GTV300ie Vie Della Moda.
  • 06-20-2010 04:04 PM In reply to

He could be genuine and want to sort it out on the other hand ones he is back in the UK you will be stuffed . Cant see is UK insurance of being of any worth over here   

• 06-20-2010 05:08 PM In reply to

yeh i guess ill see tomorrow pyrah

took a hammer to the back of the frame ive got it pretty straightCool

• 06-20-2010 05:17 PM In reply to

Sorry jzz. The script gets worse. An seriously aged pommy in a hire car.  Get him quick. Pyrah may well be right.

S plates for over 65 years of age.

• 06-20-2010 05:37 PM In reply to

• TRA
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 05-09-2010
    • Posts 302

Nikko:

Just read your last sentence joshzingzing. Report this accident to the Police if you have not already. Get this aged incompetent off the road before he does more than cause an innocent like you serious grief with your scooter. 

You will be there one day. Chances are most senoirs are probably better drivers than you.

• 06-20-2010 05:49 PM In reply to

• 06-20-2010 07:46 PM In reply to

• niks
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 01-22-2009
    • Melbourne
    • Posts 1,114

The police will not be interested given that nobody was injured, just make sure he has insurance on the hire car and get all those details suggest you visit the hire car company and see what they intend to do quicksmart before he leaves.

Majesty YP 250 plus. "the way to go".
  • 06-20-2010 08:50 PM In reply to

Yes TRA. I will be there one day if I survive the ride. And I will be glad to be tested.

I am serious. S plates for the over 65's. Retest the old, frail useless drivers. I have seen them drive through pedestrian crossings against red lights. An education for my kids who were with me.

And as for your last comment, utter crap, senoir. These aged drivers are a dangerous menace and should have too prove there ability or more posts like this will appear. 

• 06-20-2010 08:59 PM In reply to

Whats this email JZZ. Dont see the post. Edited out after the fact? 
    Is this your blank post?
    joshzingzing the sad joker... totally unreal posts.
    show us the photos of just your hit Vespa
    By joshzingzing in Scootertalk - Talk about scooters

dunno what you two are up to and dont give a fek either

i dont care if he's too old we're getting married anyway

ehehehe

Page 2 of 4 (51 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 Next >

ADVERTISEMENT

©2007 ScooterSales.com.au