Scooter
Community

in
ADVERTISEMENT
Vespa

The MC thread

Last post 06-05-2017 08:13 PM by Eccles. 857 replies.
Page 16 of 58 (858 items) « First ... < Previous 14 15 16 17 18 Next > ... Last »
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-27-2012 11:34 AM In reply to

• bradr
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 01-13-2009
    • Nowra NSW
    • Posts 2,034

Re: BMW F800R

silverflyer:
    you guys get the rain, we get the heat

Even the rain dosen't go as far as the back end o nowhere  hey Big Smile

Red ones always go faster but blue ones go pretty quick , but now blue ones are the way to go😄
  • 01-27-2012 11:58 AM In reply to

Wink LOL I'm in the middle no wonder our weather is perfect Stick out tongue

Si ‘Thi’ later
  • 01-27-2012 12:23 PM In reply to

• Paul
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 05-16-2008
    • Brisbane
    • Posts 652

Very nice Pete!!  Nice colour and yes agree with the looks...very impressive bike by all accounts, i'd jump at one of those!

Cheers,
    Paul

Now Scarabeo 300 June 11 with Arrow pipe..oh yea!
    previously Scarabeo 200 (with gpr pipe) Oct 09 - June 11 (18,450km)
    previously Vmoto Monaco Apr 09 -Oct 09

*lusting after a GTS, but a few good models for 2013*

• 01-27-2012 07:19 PM In reply to

• petegailey
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-03-2008
    • Cleared off, up the Mid Nth Coast
    • Posts 7,090

Paul:

Very nice Pete!!  Nice colour and yes agree with the looks...very impressive bike by all accounts, i'd jump at one of those!

The real beauty of the F800R is how easy it is to ride. Light, low and compact and very easy to move around, plus the petrol tank under the seat and fat rear tyre gives it fantastic balance which makes it an excellent entry level sports bike. Its also feisty enough to keep the rider grinning and is superb through the tight stuff. Although Its got the looks only a bloke could love I reckon it'd be a good bike for the girls too. Yep, its very nice.

BTW the Michelin Pilot Road 3's turned out to be absolutely astonishing on wet roads.

Daelim NS 125: Mighty 1st scoot from Korea that punched way above its weight. Sold
    Vespa GTS 250: Modern Retro brilliance. I'll ride it til it dies.Traded in on a maxi.
    Suzuki DR650: "That Thing" Excellent Single 650 thumper chook chaser that was too tall. Sold
    Yamaha T Max: Best Maxi out there and serious canyon racer. Sold
    Triumph Bonneville: Modern Retro brilliance with the sweetest parallel twin.
    BMW F800R: The Naked Hun. Great intro into sports bikes.
    Gilera Runner FXR 180: 2 stroke scooter missile from Piaggio.
    Gilera Nexus 500. Sexy like red Italian stilettos.
    Yamaha RZ250RR: Retro Japanese 2 stroke racer.
  • 02-03-2012 02:43 PM In reply to

Road Test

Motorcycle Trader CBR250r Road Test

Si ‘Thi’ later
  • 02-03-2012 07:12 PM In reply to

Re: Road Test

Help......I've got the customising bug Surprise

Slow Down & Enjoy The Ride
    2012 Kawasaki W800
    Go the Retro
    Looking for another BeeWee :)
  • 02-03-2012 08:45 PM In reply to

Re: Road Test

danceswithdingoes:

Help......I've got the customising bug Surprise

Wink I don't think they make customizing stuff for cruisers better sell & get a Lambretta Stick out tongue

Si ‘Thi’ later
  • 02-05-2012 11:31 PM In reply to

• bradr
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 01-13-2009
    • Nowra NSW
    • Posts 2,034

Re--08 Hyosung 650 GT

Went to Sydney today with youngest son Ben to check out a 650 GT Hyosung , 16000ks , black ,2 owner , ventura rack/bag , after a good look around its vitals & a short blast around the block Ben purchased it & i was entrusted to ride it back to Wollongong ( he's doing his ''L'' course this w/end so he won't be riding till monday , i was quite pleased with the bike , it handled the mongrel Victoria Rd traffic well although the gearshift / clutch are much heavier than my CB400 , brakes seem quite adequate  , once past Waterfall i gave it a bit down the freeway (was cops everywhere] and it seems pretty torquey although it still has restrictors fitted , just curious as to whether anyones familiar with the Hyo 650 as far anything that needs to known about them ?.

Red ones always go faster but blue ones go pretty quick , but now blue ones are the way to go😄
  • 02-06-2012 07:12 AM In reply to

• petegailey
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-03-2008
    • Cleared off, up the Mid Nth Coast
    • Posts 7,090

Re: Re--08 Hyosung 650 GT

Bens probably already done it. Find a good Hyosung owners forum on line. You should be able to find any problems, accessories, mods etc on these.

eg http://korider.com/.

Daelim NS 125: Mighty 1st scoot from Korea that punched way above its weight. Sold
    Vespa GTS 250: Modern Retro brilliance. I'll ride it til it dies.Traded in on a maxi.
    Suzuki DR650: "That Thing" Excellent Single 650 thumper chook chaser that was too tall. Sold
    Yamaha T Max: Best Maxi out there and serious canyon racer. Sold
    Triumph Bonneville: Modern Retro brilliance with the sweetest parallel twin.
    BMW F800R: The Naked Hun. Great intro into sports bikes.
    Gilera Runner FXR 180: 2 stroke scooter missile from Piaggio.
    Gilera Nexus 500. Sexy like red Italian stilettos.
    Yamaha RZ250RR: Retro Japanese 2 stroke racer.
  • 02-06-2012 09:08 AM In reply to

• INMA
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-19-2009
    • Posts 830

The Hyo 650 had a bad reputation for internal engine failures when they first appeared in Australia.  There were lots of empty frames for sale.  They are a copy of the Suzuki 650 so if you must, find a Suzuki 650.

If your son is a learner, just starting out then a lighter bike is probably better for his first road bike.

A Kawasaki GPX250 is just as quick as the Hyo650 and holds its resale value or if he must go for a heavier bike, a good Kawasaki ER-5 beats the Hyo 650 in all respects.

I bought my son a Suzuki GS125 as his first bike, after 9 months and the usual mistakes, he bought a GPX250.

If your son is a tall person the Kawasaki KLE500 is another excellent first bike.

2001 Yamaha Zuma, DR Evo 68 cylinder, Leo Vince TT derestricted, Delorto 17.5 (#98 jet), standard aircleaner, RMS fan, Race CDI, Standard oiler and premix @ 75:1 Shell SX2, Doppler SR3 variator, RMS clutch, RMS R rear shock absorber and Pirelli SL26 tyres.
  • 02-06-2012 09:45 AM In reply to

• bradr
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 01-13-2009
    • Nowra NSW
    • Posts 2,034

Yeh thats all good advice , i managed to talk him down from a LAMS approved Ducati [i was in shock & horror at that choice] , looking around at bikesales etc the only bike that seemed to be similar in appearance to the Ducati was the Hyo , but yes as far as Quality/Resale etc i'd have much rather seen on a Suzuki/Kawasaki/Honda etc , personally i'd have been more than happy to see him on a late model CB400 , having just bought one myself i reckon they are a ripper little bike with more than enough go in them to keep pace with the bigger machines plus they are a far easier machine to ride than the Hyo , i reckon he'll grow up/out  of it , riding it back from Sydney yesterday it seemed to run nicely , motor has no noises etc , i decided by the end of it that it was like hopping out of a Mazda into a Hyundai or similar Big Smile , you know , nothing actually wrong with it just not as good a quality , the trip from Wollongong to Nowra on the 400 was pure luxuryBig Smile , Ben has hopped of a KX450 motocrosser so he dosen't have high expectations like some of us more experienced who've ridden some top quality machinery in our days.

• 02-06-2012 09:57 AM In reply to

bradr:
    i managed to talk him down from a LAMS approved Ducati [i was in shock & horror at that choice]

What's wrong with a Ducati? Sure it would probably be about as reliable as the Hyo, but I bet it would hold the resale value a bit better :)

• 02-06-2012 10:54 AM In reply to

• MerrilyW
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-03-2008
    • I dream it I am there :-)
    • Posts 325

Mate - I am sure that Ben will love the bike and as you said when you purchased it and took it home for him it handles traffic and freeways equally well. - I used to work for a dealer that sold a lot of them to young guys wanting to start out on a "not bad" looking bike and in the three years I have known them there has not been one lemon - the owners keep coming back with glowing reports. There was a concern in the early days expressed about country of origin and servicing but that was soon dispelled as time went on - we are more used to imports from different countries other than japan, Usa, Germany Italy etc.  Get on the Owners forum - and encourage Ben to just get out and enjoy it asap - when he has done his course. BTW - I was also told that a couple of the owners had derestricted theirs once they graduated to being a fully fledged rider because they did not want to swap ...

Proud owner of Vespa GTS250ie - Ferrari Red..or some colour like that :-) with a BMW cool bike on the side...and a custom built Repsol Honda PCX finishes the stable.
  • 02-06-2012 11:20 AM In reply to

Yep quality of them as improved over the years 2008  is that a carburetor or fuel injected model

Si ‘Thi’ later
  • 02-06-2012 02:33 PM In reply to

• bradr
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 01-13-2009
    • Nowra NSW
    • Posts 2,034

pyrah:

Yep quality of them as improved over the years 2008  is that a carburetor or fuel injected model

Its carby , according to his research the EFI didn't appear till 2010 , seemed to be very little on offer in s/hand EFISad

Page 16 of 58 (858 items) « First ... < Previous 14 15 16 17 18 Next > ... Last »

ADVERTISEMENT

©2007 ScooterSales.com.au