Scooter
Community

in
ADVERTISEMENT
Vespa

The MC thread

Last post 06-05-2017 08:13 PM by Eccles. 857 replies.
Page 49 of 58 (858 items) « First ... < Previous 47 48 49 50 51 Next > ... Last »
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-20-2016 04:55 PM In reply to

• GP1er
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 11-03-2013
    • Brisbane
    • Posts 47

Re: 2T for the TT

I'm hoping to get a serous close-up perve on it, in the pits Yes 

http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/2016/02/article/suter-racing-confirms-debut-for-mmx-500-at-isle-of-man-tt-races/

My favourite pit perves from last year are the Kawasaki H2R, a unclothed e-race bike, & naked sidecar.  Other than that, plenty of eye candy on the roads over there CoolYes

Not sure if the image will show, but it's with a few other pics here my drive.

Kind regards,

Mick  Smile

I check the SC when possible: please, no pm's or emails :)
  • 02-20-2016 05:18 PM In reply to

Isle of Man Cool GP Yes

Si ‘Thi’ later
  • 02-22-2016 04:46 PM In reply to

Sad Bugger above pictures were displaying before Storm

Si ‘Thi’ later
  • 06-08-2016 10:04 PM In reply to

Mahindra will it buy Norton & BSA

http://amcn.com.au/editorial/mahindra-looking-buy-norton/

MAHINDRA LOOKING TO BUY NORTON | MANUFACTURE NEWS | NEWS

The Times of India reports that homegrown industrial giant the Mahindra Group has its eye on buying a slice of classic British motorcycle heritage – with Norton and BSA both on the target list.

While Mahindra is a hugely powerful company in the car market and bought a 51% stake in Peugeot Motorcycles last year, it’s struggled to establish itself as a bike maker since it entered the arena back in 2010, when it bought Kinetic. The Times of India reports that Mahindra’s share in the country’s motorcycle market is below 1% and has been in decline.

Buy buying Norton – surely the preferred marque given its existing range and the fact it’s established as a current manufacturer, unlike BSA which exists as little more than a memory for most people – Mahindra would be positioning itself to compete with rival Indian-owned, British-derived retro firm Royal Enfield. It could also use the brand on its existing small-capacity machines, gaining an instant cachet that they currently lack.

Norton itself has been no stranger to spreading its name around. Current owner Stuart Garner even briefly used the Norton name on prams, baby seats and pushchairs sold by his now-defunct Klever Kids business.

By Ben Purvis

Si ‘Thi’ later
  • 06-14-2016 09:51 AM In reply to

Re: Mahindra will it buy Norton & BSA

I for one want to see new Nortons and if a new BSA was born, 

Well that would Rule. !!

Aslong as they didn't screw it up cause, 

Well that would suck. !!!

• 06-14-2016 01:39 PM In reply to

Fraser Motorcycles in Sydney is the dealer if you want to see the new Nortons

Dominator - Grey

Si ‘Thi’ later
  • 06-14-2016 02:24 PM In reply to

Come on honestly 

Who doesn't like that. ?

• 06-14-2016 03:34 PM In reply to

Yep honest if you get a chance to see them please do and report back Yes

Si ‘Thi’ later
  • 06-16-2016 09:46 PM In reply to

Re: The MC thread

I just picked up this thread, which has rocked me Tony. I owned an example of the first four bikes posted here. My CB350 Honda however was green. And like you Tony, I ABSOLUTELY loved my CB400, which was identical to the one you have posted. What a sweet city and city limits ride was this bike. I still think about it. A good size to toss about through the traffic.

This also leads to a point that I would make about physical size. Like modern cars etc., the motorcycle, per capacity, has become physically a larger beast. If you placed this little CB400 alongside the current Honda 400 offering, the original 400 would be dwarfed.

I owned my Yammy RD 400 longer than you yours, but I much preferred the controlled power of a four stroke. Always felt that my two strokes were trying to spit me off.

When I owned my little SL125 Honda, recollection is that Sydney Police, the city parking infringement division, were riding black Vespa motor scooters for their work.

• 06-17-2016 09:34 AM In reply to

Yes Asp. i also have the odd recollection of men in uniform riding Vespas W A Y back in the day...

I lived near the police bike depot in Nth sydney ( under the bridge) and I would often look longingly in at the Triumphs being worked on there....I do not recall seeing a Vespa there, but I do recall being near Central and seeing Vespas.

maybe they used them to move around the Surry Hills/Chinatown precint? I dunno

Aprilia 200ie
  • 06-17-2016 12:53 PM In reply to

When i was a kid the police in Yorkshire used the Velocette LE for general duties . Nick named noddy bikes i think because when riding they had to nod their heads rather than salute Geeked

Devil and the Triumph Saint (stop anything in no time) to try and catch us AngelBig Smile

Si ‘Thi’ later
  • 06-18-2016 03:53 PM In reply to

• DaveO
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 10-13-2010
    • Cow Flat NSW
    • Posts 290

They used the same Noddy Bikes in the Met, Pyrah, but they also wore (slightly) safer helmets which looked like the original but were not, and were made (I think) by Corker. You could tell them by a sort of double chin strap which these two do not have. Note the rider on SNM976 would lose his helmet if he just hit a speed bump (or sleeping policeman, as they were called; ho ho ho).

The Red Menace
  • 06-18-2016 04:11 PM In reply to

DaveO:

They used the same Noddy Bikes in the Met, Pyrah, but they also wore (slightly) safer helmets which looked like the original but were not, and were made (I think) by Corker. You could tell them by a sort of double chin strap which these two do not have. Note the rider on SNM976 would lose his helmet if he just hit a speed bump (or sleeping policeman, as they were called; ho ho ho).

Thanks for the helmet information DaveO found a small picture of a Corker from Kent that is for sale on  ebay for 150 pounds Yes

Si ‘Thi’ later
  • 06-19-2016 12:58 PM In reply to

Supercharged SR400

Click    

Like Yes Dislike No ? Big Smile

Si ‘Thi’ later
  • 06-19-2016 02:44 PM In reply to

Re: Supercharged SR400

Twas in Deus at Camperdown several days ago, and viewed two SRs. A new SR400 (which they specialize in customizing) and an early 80s SR500, low Ks - as displayed. They wanted more $$$s for the old SR500 (@ $10500.

This has been a terrific thread to pick up and view. Hunting for a new MC, buyers are now completely spoilt for choice. I get a sense for us older riders that we shared many similar rides back then. These were the latest, in most cases, offerings as technical advancement moved forward. Triumphs (never had one), Honda Dream, XS1s, Honda Ks, Kwaka Zs, XT500s, ETC.

I have come back the other route, ending up enjoying scootering. But I always maintain a short list of MCs I would buy if the urge overtook me again. MCing just seemed 'free' back then, without the excessive regulation currently in play. Or maybe that was just the freedom of my youth. Most current bikes are very capable, with roads and conditions more sanitized. Riding  -ton up- on older roads, back then, necessitated being in total sinc with your machine - unless you were a total natural talent.

Luv the pic

Page 49 of 58 (858 items) « First ... < Previous 47 48 49 50 51 Next > ... Last »

ADVERTISEMENT

©2007 ScooterSales.com.au