Scooter
Community

in
ADVERTISEMENT
Vespa

The MC thread

Last post 06-05-2017 08:13 PM by Eccles. 857 replies.
Page 50 of 58 (858 items) « First ... < Previous 48 49 50 51 52 Next > ... Last »
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-19-2016 03:53 PM In reply to

Re: Supercharged SR400

Yep and most of the old under 650cc motorbikes that we considered performance bikes now can be ridden by learners under the LAMs scheme Big Smile

Si ‘Thi’ later
  • 06-19-2016 07:37 PM In reply to

..... that's not to say I did not hunger for an early Triumph. In the sixties I would venture in to Hazell & Moore in Sydney City, who were the Triumph agents. It was the Trophy that captured my attention. Now I need to confess that I have never owned a British built bike, to my recollection. The reason being that I was always intimidated by the opposite positioning of the brake and shift pedals of these early bikes. 99% of the time I might get it right, but felt in an emergency I would habitually 'stab' the shift lever by mistake, and lock up the rear wheel. My friends rode them, successfully; Norton 'ducktail' Commandos - BSA Lightnings to name a few. These were great looking machismo machines - - they still are! 

• 06-20-2016 07:57 PM In reply to

I suspect that if you are "person of a certain age" Brit bikes just look 'Right' I love the look of Triumphs of the late 50's, early 60's,sweet as a nut and significantly smaller than a modern machine of similar capacity.
    I've always wanted an old trumpy but it took me too long to acquire a reasonable set of quality metric tools and I have no desire to try and collect a whole new set of tools to suit a different bike.
    Funny thing is it has become more expensive to restore older Japanese bikes nowadays than the British favourites,Classic Bike readers must frothing at the mouth.

• 06-23-2016 05:48 PM In reply to

• GP1er
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 11-03-2013
    • Brisbane
    • Posts 46

Re: 2T for the TT

Hi there,

Hope you're cruising well & happy. Yes

I've got some 2016 IOMTT pics to share.  I couldn't really get Google Drive to work for here Sad   So I've just tinypic.com links to 2 pics that might showup & be of interest.  The rest of the pics will be in the GD folder for you to see.  Do you know of a good site for storing & sharing pics to this site, plz?

Also, I was lucky to find my pics because they'd been deleted off the memory card, & so I had to use http://www.z-a-recovery.com/ to try retrieve the deleted pics.  Mostly good result.  Some were blurred, & others a partial pic, & some completely missing.

The pics are varied as you will see (HOPEFULLY! Huh?  https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bx1yAM1N0FmZR0NjMzZnYnJEaDQ

The CF-Moto came 4th, & would have been 3rd if not for a bad refuelling pitstop.

I was invited into the Suter, & CF-Moto garage for pics.  I read somewhere that the Suter is a racing 2-stroke designed & built for the 21st century with fuel injection & counter rotating cranks, if I remember rightly.  It's still in the developmental stage: the reason for it not showing its potential.

The places I spectated were Grandstand, Nobles Park "Fanzone" the mini grandstand that at the "offramp" from track after finishing, Ramsey Parliment Square, Hairpin, Gooseneck, & Bungalow, & Ramsey Promenade for the Ramsey Sprints is all I can remember for now.

This pic is from the wall of a cafe nearest to the IOM Bus Terminal at Douglas.  50cc parallel twin 2 stroke.  17,500rpm.   170kph  14 speed transmission. Smile

This one is of some souvenirs. The cap was given to me by the Suter crew...# 21 Ian Lougher..  Steam Packet "Crew Only" thing was washed up on the beach, given to me. IOM mug.  IOM bus pass....7days on bus or tram for 50 Quid.  JoeyDunlop Foundation raffle tickets.  Fridge magnets.  TT badge.  

Please give advice on how to show pics here, please.

Kind regards,

Mick Smile

GP1 250
    Malossi Lambda Emulator, Malossi Double Red Sponge air filter, after market rear shocks, 11inch short chrome muffler, 8g Dr Pulley variator weights, ballistic 8-cell EVO 2 battery, oil breather from valve cover, & airbox tube blocked off, taller Michelin Power Pure rear tyre 130/70.

I check the SC when possible: please, no pm's or emails :)
  • 06-23-2016 06:00 PM In reply to

Thanks for that GP1er the Suter 2T came 34th in the senior race @ 117.548 MPH

I use the free image-share to download to for the code to post a picture on this site

Si ‘Thi’ later
  • 06-23-2016 06:16 PM In reply to

• GP1er
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 11-03-2013
    • Brisbane
    • Posts 46

Cool, thankyou.  I'll check it out sometime.  Need a rest for now.

Nice eye candy pics...thinks those Monster gals were saying, "What do we have to do to get some attention round here???....They're only interested in bikes!" Stick out tongue

Kind regards,

Mick  Smile

GP1 250
    Malossi Lambda Emulator, Malossi Double Red Sponge air filter, after market rear shocks, 11inch short chrome muffler, 8g Dr Pulley variator weights, ballistic 8-cell EVO 2 battery, oil breather from valve cover, & airbox tube blocked off, taller Michelin Power Pure rear tyre 130/70.

I check the SC when possible: please, no pm's or emails :)
  • 06-23-2016 06:45 PM In reply to

• DaveO
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 10-13-2010
    • Cow Flat NSW
    • Posts 290

Re: The MC thread

Civvies too. Note the obligatory pipe.

Two+LE+Mk.2.1a.jpg

The Red Menace
  • 06-23-2016 07:04 PM In reply to

DaveO:

Civvies too. Note the obligatory pipe.

Two+LE+Mk.2.1a.jpg

Two+LE+Mk.2.1a.jpg ?

Is this you DaveO Stick out tongue

Si ‘Thi’ later
  • 06-24-2016 09:08 AM In reply to

• DaveO
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 10-13-2010
    • Cow Flat NSW
    • Posts 290

But of course.

Note the hand gear change (to avoid scuffing the shine on one's brogues) AND the hand starter to avoid giving the impression one was kicking the bike.

I think this is an early Mk I - 150cc. Later models were 200cc. For the youngsters, this was an amazing look towards the future for one of Britain's traditional factories. It was a flat (HO) twin featuring water cooling and shaft drive, answering the question (especially from commuters and the general public) "why cant bikes be quieter, cleaner and generally more civilised and car-like.

Veloce Ltd also played around with the format, producing the Valiant - an OHV air-cooled 200cc flat twin with shaft drive

imgres.jpg

- as well as the Viceroy - a 200cc flat twin twostroke with reed valves and shaft drive

url.jpg

Later they tarted up the LE model to produce the "luxury" Vogue model

search.jpg

The Red Menace
  • 06-24-2016 09:12 AM In reply to

• DaveO
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 10-13-2010
    • Cow Flat NSW
    • Posts 290

And here's a recurring whinge:

Especially now that this site develops little traffic, and uses little bandwidth or storage, couldn't somebody please ease up the restrictions on posting images - it's just too bloody awkward.

The Red Menace
  • 06-24-2016 11:45 AM In reply to

yes davo, I 'm guessing that folks may have got frustated at not being able to post pix and maybe left the site .....

I know I can't post pix: i've tried many times

Aprilia 200ie
  • 06-24-2016 11:48 AM In reply to

Yes, those Velocettes are interesting...and advanced.

there was one that lived near me...years ago....U could hardly hear it

Aprilia 200ie
  • 06-24-2016 12:26 PM In reply to

Caption says pipe man has a MK2 then the  MK3 had a foot change & kickstart , the police were suppose to like them as being quiet could sneak up on villains Big Smile

Si ‘Thi’ later
  • 06-24-2016 12:41 PM In reply to

Post a picture that's too big go to image-share it's free Smile 

Choose a file off your computer

Change the size of the picture

Upload to image share

Download the forum code to this site

Picture will appear when you post your reply

Language :        
    Image Share 

Add a Picture!

Submit your image without any obstacles!
    Use the form below.

Select the number of images: 

Image 1
    We accept: *.jpg *.jpeg *.png *.gif *.bmp  Max= 2MB

Do not create thumbnails

Do not add the bottom bar in the thumbnail

Change the size of the picture

Add Logo Image-Share.com (Thank You!)

Are You ready?

All Visits Today Visits All Images Today Images
    104557041 14682 1145717 24
    Copyright © 2007-2010 by Image-Share.com All rights reserved.

Si ‘Thi’ later
  • 06-24-2016 12:47 PM In reply to

This was a 1.49mb picture on the computer from my visit in 2011 size selected for here 640/480

Si ‘Thi’ later
Page 50 of 58 (858 items) « First ... < Previous 48 49 50 51 52 Next > ... Last »

ADVERTISEMENT

©2007 ScooterSales.com.au