Scooter
Community

in
ADVERTISEMENT
Vespa

The MC thread

Last post 06-05-2017 08:13 PM by Eccles. 857 replies.
Page 2 of 58 (858 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last »
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-23-2010 03:00 PM In reply to

Re: The MC thread

I had a GT1000 delivered yesterday. Big Smile

Having ridden scoots for the last 4 or 5 years I am going to try a M-Bike for a period of time and see how it goes. At the moment I am too tentative on it to really know how much I will like it. I have not ridden manual since I got my license and must make quite a ridiculous vision bunny hopping away from the lights on a ducati!  I like the retro styled stuff and tried the bonnie, and the Guzzi, but both were too small for me, especially the guzzi. The Ducati is much more comfortable, and (for better or worse) has way more power than the bonnie. It has new pipes fitted (crazy sound!)  and bar end mirrors which both look super cool.

I think in time I will get sick of the impracticality of the bike and go back to a scoot, but I guess time will tell.

Scarabeo 500ie. J costa variator, Giannelli Exhaust, Malossi Cam, Dr Pulley Clutch, and SX appeal cup holder. GONE

Bought a ducati, missed scootering so now riding a Vespa 300 super. Polini variator, PM tuning exhaust, Malossi clutch springs jettin bar ends with mirrors, heated grips and still an SX appeal cup holder.
  • 06-23-2010 03:24 PM In reply to

http://oldebiker.files.wordpress.com/2009/11/2010_dyna_wide_glide11.jpg I suppose if i ever switched to the Dark side i wouldnt mind this brand new harley davidson wide glide

• 06-23-2010 03:28 PM In reply to

Will the New 2010 Norton Commando make it to Australia

• 06-23-2010 05:28 PM In reply to

coffeescoffer:

have a luggae rack The bonny is actually light for its size. At 205kg wet it is lighter than a lot of 500cc scooters. I really enjoy riding mine. I will not put up a pic as the previous post has a pic alreadyBig Smile

I have a lugage rack,Staintune pipes and knee pads on the tank, otherwise identical.

Choosing what bike to get is a lot like choosing a scoot. First does it fit as too tall will be a large pain. Second will it do what you want? I prefer singles or at most a twin so the 4 potters and the sports models were out for me. I have had dual purpose bikes before but these days they are too tall. A simple machine is what I prefer so in the end the only choice was the bonny.

I'm glad you've found it so enjoyable & suitable. All the specs sheets I've seen say they are actually 205kg dry (making it about 16kg heavier than your old Scarabeo 500), so the wet weight would have to be a fair amount more than that. I imagine the low seat must help with the weight at traffic lights.

Mack Truck
  • 06-23-2010 05:29 PM In reply to

adamtassell:

I had a GT1000 delivered yesterday. Big Smile

Having ridden scoots for the last 4 or 5 years I am going to try a M-Bike for a period of time and see how it goes. At the moment I am too tentative on it to really know how much I will like it. I have not ridden manual since I got my license and must make quite a ridiculous vision bunny hopping away from the lights on a ducati!  I like the retro styled stuff and tried the bonnie, and the Guzzi, but both were too small for me, especially the guzzi. The Ducati is much more comfortable, and (for better or worse) has way more power than the bonnie. It has new pipes fitted (crazy sound!)  and bar end mirrors which both look super cool.

I think in time I will get sick of the impracticality of the bike and go back to a scoot, but I guess time will tell.

Congrats, Adam! Hope you come to see your Ducati as the perfect match for your riding needs.

Mack Truck
  • 06-23-2010 05:30 PM In reply to

pyrah:

Will the New 2010 Norton Commando make it to Australia

Looks awesome. But I fear the price. Don't even tell me, Pyrah!

Mack Truck
  • 06-23-2010 05:34 PM In reply to

That VStrom does look like excellent value. A similarly versatile motorcycle would seem to be the Kawasaki Versys. Seat is a bit high for a novice like me, though.

Mack Truck
  • 06-23-2010 05:58 PM In reply to

[:'(] If only i could win lotto

• 06-23-2010 06:27 PM In reply to

in the latest Australian Motorcycle News Vol59 No24 there is a group test  of the 1 Ducati GT1000 Touring 2 Moto Guzzi V7 Classic 3 Moto Guzzi V7 Café Classic 4 Triumph T100 Bonneville 5 Triumph Scrambler

• 06-23-2010 07:46 PM In reply to

Going to the other extreme of motorcycles Littles reading a Indian motorcycle magazine there market is blooming . Over there the shift seems to be from scooters to small capacity motorcycles ..Here in Australia we now seem to have an influx of 125/150 cc motorcycles in the $2000 range . Do you think they are going to make inroads into the scooter market

• 06-23-2010 08:03 PM In reply to

• yachtie01
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-24-2009
    • Victoria Point Qld
    • Posts 215

Hi,I love the idea and the look of the v strom 650,have looked at the new ones(haven't ridden one yet) and they do seem a good deal for a great bike,I'm looking at maybe one for long distance touring with a complete pannier set as opposed to a bigger scooter.I would be very interested in hearing what your friend really thinks of this bike as a long distance tourer,Cheers.

Go hard go G-max

• 06-23-2010 08:29 PM In reply to

• Dakoda
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 09-27-2007
    • Brisbane Bayside
    • Posts 6,372

This is the baby I have been perving on.  I have sat on the one at Scooter HQ, and it suits me well :)

Daelim VJF250

2008-Venice White Aprilia Scarabeo 200 "Marty"
    48,000kms and wriiten off. RIP 2008-2012
    2012 - 2009 Red Aprilia Scarabeo 200
    Named Bomber. 8,000kms in 5months
  • 06-23-2010 08:59 PM In reply to

Seems good for the money will look fine next to the Scarabeo

• 06-23-2010 09:00 PM In reply to

• TRA
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 05-09-2010
    • Posts 302

I need to seek help. I have always wanted one of these

BSA

But I think these are one of the best looking bikes I have ever layed my eyes on:

I will own the hayabusa, maybe next year or late this year. I want that on in the photo, before they change the colours.

Then there is this, probably my next purchase:

• 06-23-2010 09:02 PM In reply to

Big Smile Get the BSA Yes

Page 2 of 58 (858 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last »

ADVERTISEMENT

©2007 ScooterSales.com.au