Scooter
Community

in
ADVERTISEMENT
Vespa

Heated Gloves

Last post 08-25-2010 07:02 PM by purplelou. 37 replies.
Page 1 of 3 (38 items) 1 2 3 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-23-2010 05:31 PM

Heated Gloves

Hello Everyone,

I am new to Scootering and would like to know if someone could tell me the best place to buy heated gloves. I have discovered that getting heated grips on my georgeous SYM 250 Firenze are a tad expensive at $300. Any advise would be greatly appreciated.Smile

Toot The Scoot
    Filed under:
  • 06-23-2010 06:06 PM In reply to

Re: Heated Gloves

Some here but i would have thought you could get heated grips fitted cheaper than buying gloves & getting the power fitted to power them

• 06-23-2010 06:19 PM In reply to

How often do you think you would use them? What about the heat pads you can buy from camping stores? The heated grips are LOVELY & worth every penny if you're regularly riding in cold temps.

Wanda
    Today 50 (2,500km), Montego. Fly (2,500km), Le Grande (7,000km), Vespa PX (200km), Vespa GTS250ie (46,000km), now looking at the world through Ruby coloured glasses on a Vespa GTV300ie Vie Della Moda.
  • 06-23-2010 06:38 PM In reply to

pyrah:

Some here but i would have thought you could get heated grips fitted cheaper than buying gloves & getting the power fitted to power them

The grips themselves are $130 but the labour to wire them in is $170. I have seen gloves with batteries in the UK for around $70 Aus.

Toot The Scoot
  • 06-23-2010 06:40 PM In reply to

Hi, I am addicted to my Scooter so I try and ride as much as I can so this can be several times a week and it is damn cold all the time at the moment. Got to love Winter LOL.

Toot The Scoot
  • 06-23-2010 07:24 PM In reply to

I had never heard of battery powered heated gloves before so checked them on Ebay here are lots of cheap ones on there . How good they are i cant say hope fully some one that as tried them will respond

• 06-24-2010 10:51 AM In reply to

I might just buy some in the middle of the range ones and give them a whirl. Anything is better than icicle fingers all the time lol.

Toot The Scoot
  • 06-24-2010 10:55 AM In reply to

Don't forget to let us know how you get on with them good or bad Yes

• 06-24-2010 11:58 AM In reply to

Yes, do. I had no idea that such things existed! It'd be great if you haven't got enough electrical "juice" in your scooter's system to drive the heated grips (eg. a vintage Vespa with a 6v non-battery system).

organiser Hobart Motor Scooter Club

Cool gear and Vespa seat covers at cosmicbreed.com

For info on the National Scooter Rallies open to all riders, go to National Scooter Rally

Remember, don't spend all your time posting on scooter forums - get out there and ride your scooter...
  • 06-24-2010 05:06 PM In reply to

pyrah:

I had never heard of battery powered heated gloves before so checked them on Ebay here are lots of cheap ones on there . How good they are i cant say hope fully some one that as tried them will respond

Bear in mind that most of battery powered gloves are powered by the battery on your bike/scooter. In other words, you still have to wire yourself in, and your alternator still has to generate enough juice to power them. In this respect they are no different to heated grips... that's fine as far as it goes, but what I am interested in are gloves powered by THEIR OWN little batteries, so they are completely independent from your vehicle or the rest of your gear. They also exist but they are a lot rarer, and by all accounts not quite 'there' yet. Although I'm hopeful they will mature to the point of becoming useful within another year or two at most.

• 06-24-2010 05:43 PM In reply to

Ferrix the gloves we are talking about use battery's like in torches etc & they have them on Ebay (cheap) how good they are i don't know 

• 06-24-2010 05:47 PM In reply to

pyrah:

Ferrix the gloves we are talking about use battery's like in torches etc & they have them on Ebay (cheap) how good they are i don't know 

Could you provide the link?

• 06-24-2010 05:55 PM In reply to

Here are some Click  But if you go on Ebay & type some thing like Heat Gloves battery operated lots of choice crop up

• 06-24-2010 06:14 PM In reply to

pyrah:

Here are some Click  But if you go on Ebay & type some thing like Heat Gloves battery operated lots of choice crop up

LOL, these are FISHING gloves!!! I would not recommend using them on the bike... and I am willing to bet you will not find biking gloves for 19.99 (which, btw is in U$, plus you'd probably pay a bit extra for postage)

• 06-24-2010 07:12 PM In reply to

I thought there could be some under gloves on there they where just a example . I don't need any gloves so i thought let them that need gloves look . Big Smile I cant hold every ones hand forever Big Smile

Page 1 of 3 (38 items) 1 2 3 Next >

ADVERTISEMENT

©2007 ScooterSales.com.au