Scooter
Community

in
ADVERTISEMENT
Vespa

Draggins

Last post 01-18-2011 11:54 AM by Caroanbill. 74 replies.
Page 5 of 5 (75 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-11-2011 03:38 PM In reply to

Re: Draggins

Riding Plenty.Who ever or what ever you are.

Ride em hard-don't hardly ride em
  • 01-11-2011 03:40 PM In reply to

• petegailey
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-03-2008
    • Cleared off, up the Mid Nth Coast
    • Posts 7,087

Scooternut:

just found a hole in the knee of my Draggins. I haven't been crawling or kneeling & have only had them for... maybe 10 months. Mind you, I'm rarely out of them.

interestingly one knee (the one with the hole in it) looks more worn than the other with the colour more faded. no I haven't been dragging the knee going around the corner either.

You get holes and you stitch em up again. I dont trust em but they've got good pockets.

Daelim NS 125: Mighty 1st scoot from Korea that punched way above its weight. Sold
    Vespa GTS 250: Modern Retro brilliance. I'll ride it til it dies.Traded in on a maxi.
    Suzuki DR650: "That Thing" Excellent Single 650 thumper chook chaser that was too tall. Sold
    Yamaha T Max: Best Maxi out there and serious canyon racer. Sold
    Triumph Bonneville: Modern Retro brilliance with the sweetest parallel twin.
    BMW F800R: The Naked Hun. Great intro into sports bikes.
    Gilera Runner FXR 180: 2 stroke scooter missile from Piaggio.
    Gilera Nexus 500. Sexy like red Italian stilettos.
    Yamaha RZ250RR: Retro Japanese 2 stroke racer.
  • 01-11-2011 03:42 PM In reply to

gpnick2004:

Oh, miaoww!! But Does sitting on it while it gets traylered somwhere count??? Big Smile

• 01-11-2011 03:56 PM In reply to

Robbie Scoot:

gpnick2004:

Oh, miaoww!! But Does sitting on it while it gets traylered somwhere count??? Big Smile

And what have u done ? SFA I bet ?

• 01-11-2011 04:09 PM In reply to

Reckon Ive been riding two wheelers longer than, you been alive.  You wouldnt last long out here in country Vic, were pretty good at sorting out bullshitters here mate. Come back when yourr draggins have real holes in em.....

• 01-11-2011 04:11 PM In reply to

Yep....what ever.You know nothing about me.

• 01-11-2011 07:01 PM In reply to

• wleung
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-22-2009
    • Western Sydney
    • Posts 506

Robbie Scoot:
    Come back when yourr draggins have real holes in em.....

Perhaps you are just too hardcore and you are using them at 10x more than the average rider, and thus wearing holes into them sooner?

:D

Anyway, I suspect it's to do with the body shape the pants were designed for.

Since there's usually only one cut or shape being sold in AU, it's not surprising that if there's a mismatch in body shapes, bits wear out sooner for some than others.

My belt hoops got vibrated through by my belt, as my waist to crotch distance is too big (big ***) when compared to my leg length.

Wilson

Exs: CB250, GS500, DL650, Espresso 150, Triumph Street Triple, ZZR250
    Current: CB900F Hornet
  • 01-11-2011 11:16 PM In reply to

Get some Draggins Liners USA (thats the ones i got ) or Draggins Legs AUS & you can wear what you like on top of them

Tha' can allus tell a Yorkshireman, but tha' can't tell 'im much
  • 01-11-2011 11:27 PM In reply to

LOL Pete have you worn the Knees out begging to be let out to ride all the time Big Smile

• 01-11-2011 11:34 PM In reply to

pyrah:
    Get some Draggins Liners USA (thats the ones i got ) or Draggins Legs AUS & you can wear what you like on top of them

Thanks Pyrah, I was thinking about doing that today after reading through some of these messages. Maybe pair the liners up with some R.M. Williams jeans as they apparently wear very well according to the reviews I could find. Might have a look at the hemp jeans also, there's a store on the way to work that sells hemp goods.

Wanda
    Today 50 (2,500km), Montego. Fly (2,500km), Le Grande (7,000km), Vespa PX (200km), Vespa GTS250ie (46,000km), now looking at the world through Ruby coloured glasses on a Vespa GTV300ie Vie Della Moda.
  • 01-11-2011 11:43 PM In reply to

Scooternut try a pair of these Thomas Cook Thermal jeans over them in winter

• 01-11-2011 11:46 PM In reply to

pyrah:
    Scooternut try a pair of these Thomas Cook Thermal jeans over them in winter

Thanks again! I prefer to wear my DriRider armoured pants in Winter just in case... plus they're obviously also waterproof

Wanda
    Today 50 (2,500km), Montego. Fly (2,500km), Le Grande (7,000km), Vespa PX (200km), Vespa GTS250ie (46,000km), now looking at the world through Ruby coloured glasses on a Vespa GTV300ie Vie Della Moda.
  • 01-13-2011 08:37 PM In reply to

• hcrun
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on 05-23-2010
    • Canberra
    • Posts 431

Scooternut:
    Might have a look at the hemp jeans also, there's a store on the way to work that sells hemp goods.
    Good thinking, Wanda.
    Then if you don't like 'em, you can always smoke 'em. Big Smile

Seriously, though......

I have a small hole in the left knee of my Draggins, which developed out of nowhere. And mine have been worn no more than a couple of dozen days since September 2009.
    It's as though the material has just frayed at this one point.

Bruce

Mid-life went past too quickly so I'm having a late-life crisis.
  • 01-13-2011 08:59 PM In reply to

Are Draggins still made in Australia

• 01-18-2011 11:54 AM In reply to

MY recent experince with Draggins is that quality is OFF.  (I have 3 pairs - and no, I'd never ride in a pair that were scruffy, filthy or torn.)

Two pairs (one jeans, one chinos) have bad zips - Draggin use the kind that have to 'lock' at teh top, but they slip.  Fixable but annoying.

One pair (chinos) has had a seam (albeit not a major one) let go at the waistband.  It doesn't affect the kelvar but it does affect the integrity of the garment and it's that integrioty that keeps them together so the kevlar can do its thing.

I've sworn by Draggins - I have quite a few pairs of riding pants and mostly use my Draggins - but my next pair of kevlar-lined duds won't be Draggins.  wenough is enough.

Sydney / Vespa PX150 & GTS250ie / BMW R1200R
Page 5 of 5 (75 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5

ADVERTISEMENT

©2007 ScooterSales.com.au