Scooter
Community

The new Honda PCX 125 Scooter raises the bar!

Last post 10-02-2012 02:37 AM by pyrah. 267 replies.
Page 5 of 18 (268 items) « First ... < Previous 3 4 5 6 7 Next > ... Last »
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 08-31-2010 03:14 PM In reply to

Re: The new Honda PCX 125 Scooter raises the bar!

Big Smile 'Now that is red from the big red Yes

• 08-31-2010 03:41 PM In reply to

they are a damn nice scoot. id custom colour it anywho

♥Jrazik out...
    clik
  • 08-31-2010 05:46 PM In reply to

I wonder if they might have a larger model in the pipeline... 200cc, for example? 125cc is really kinda small for me to go back to, but if they had 200cc option I would consider it as a replacement for my 'nearly perfect but a bit short on storage space' HD200...

• 08-31-2010 05:58 PM In reply to

t2bitha:
    wish we got US option of Cherry Red!

Good find! Yes, the three colours supplied to the Oz market are so DULL! It needs some bright colours to make it stand out!

And the only other thing that doesn't look good in the photos is the skinny tires. Need some FAT on it!!

Why Be Normal?
  • 09-05-2010 09:58 AM In reply to

Haribolman:

Need some FAT on it!!

if i get one there will be fat on it

♥Jrazik out...
    clik
  • 09-05-2010 11:44 AM In reply to

jrazik:
    if i get one there will be fat on it

Hope you're talking about the tyres and not the rider!!!    Indifferent

Why Be Normal?
  • 09-05-2010 01:33 PM In reply to

i got to see two white ones in the flesh yesterday. they are a very nice scooter. look a lot smaller in real life than in the pictures. which to me is a good thing. the photos made them look like a maxi scooter. they look great, the front end ties up with the vfr1200. i noticed non adjustable rear suspension. the guys in the shop were trying to work out where it came from. they were thinking spain? as the vin code was different to a thailand sourced vehicle.

argentum melle
  • 09-05-2010 05:01 PM In reply to

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vehicle_Identification_Number big list of VIN numbers on that site do you know what the number started with on the PCX 

• 09-05-2010 07:37 PM In reply to

• niks
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 01-22-2009
    • Melbourne
    • Posts 1,114

For the price I would expect to have a disc brake on the rear wheel it would make them being combined more efficient.

Majesty YP 250 plus. "the way to go".
  • 09-05-2010 07:54 PM In reply to

niks:
    For the price I would expect to have a disc brake on the rear wheel it would make them being combined more efficient.

A few years ago I remember reading an article about some modern cars still using drums on the rear and it was said that there were advantages to drums. One of course, is they maintain performance in the wet (because they don't have a disc to get slippery and loose gripping power) and they are easier to connect a handbrake to. It was also said that a disc/drum setup on a car combined with ABS can still perform extremely well. I've found this to be the case on my car, whihc runs a disc/drum ABS setup and the brakes work almost too good! The response is immediate and ridiculously effective! So a drum can still work well!

Why Be Normal?
  • 09-06-2010 10:46 AM In reply to

Haribolman:

niks:

A few years ago I remember reading an article about some modern cars still using drums on the rear and it was said that there were advantages to drums. One of course, is they maintain performance in the wet (because they don't have a disc to get slippery and loose gripping power) and they are easier to connect a handbrake to. It was also said that a disc/drum setup on a car combined with ABS can still perform extremely well. I've found this to be the case on my car, whihc runs a disc/drum ABS setup and the brakes work almost too good! The response is immediate and ridiculously effective! So a drum can still work well!

i agree, my car has front disc and rear drum. very effective, sometimes too effective.

no i can't remember any numbers they were quoting for the vinSad

argentum melle
  • 09-06-2010 11:05 AM In reply to

• allen
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 07-19-2007
    • Sydney NSW Australia
    • Posts 6,248

silverflyer:
    the guys in the shop were trying to work out where it came from. they were thinking spain? as the vin code was different to a thailand sourced vehicle.

Yeh its sourced from Thailand , the boys may have been checking a scoot that comes from Taiwan

Advertise your scooter for FREE on Scootersales.com.au
    www.scootersales.com.au
    www.quadsales.com.au
  • 09-06-2010 11:07 AM In reply to

• allen
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 07-19-2007
    • Sydney NSW Australia
    • Posts 6,248

I have a test mule in the garage now, certainly no problem with rear drum as brakes are linked so even when you pull on the left lever you still get a piston braking on the front as well as the back. So brakes work well. Yeh would like a disc for that price but other features make up the price for me

Advertise your scooter for FREE on Scootersales.com.au
    www.scootersales.com.au
    www.quadsales.com.au
  • 09-06-2010 11:56 PM In reply to

• petegailey
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-03-2008
    • Cleared off, up the Mid Nth Coast
    • Posts 7,090

Scooternut:

ah the PCX is a sexy looking scooter, especially in white! Nah I haven't started selling for Honday, I just like the look of this beast.

I saw a silver one today, a very nice piece of kit. looks like a mini superbike from the front. Quite thin tyres bit like a postie on steroids. Cant wait to toss my leg over one.

Daelim NS 125: Mighty 1st scoot from Korea that punched way above its weight. Sold
    Vespa GTS 250: Modern Retro brilliance. I'll ride it til it dies.Traded in on a maxi.
    Suzuki DR650: "That Thing" Excellent Single 650 thumper chook chaser that was too tall. Sold
    Yamaha T Max: Best Maxi out there and serious canyon racer. Sold
    Triumph Bonneville: Modern Retro brilliance with the sweetest parallel twin.
    BMW F800R: The Naked Hun. Great intro into sports bikes.
    Gilera Runner FXR 180: 2 stroke scooter missile from Piaggio.
    Gilera Nexus 500. Sexy like red Italian stilettos.
    Yamaha RZ250RR: Retro Japanese 2 stroke racer.
  • 09-07-2010 12:42 AM In reply to

14 inch wheels Yes

Page 5 of 18 (268 items) « First ... < Previous 3 4 5 6 7 Next > ... Last »

ADVERTISEMENT

©2007 ScooterSales.com.au